ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: White Stripes sued by co-producer Return to archive
18th April 2006 07:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Posted on Mon, Apr. 17,

White Stripes sued by co-producer
Associated Press

DETROIT - A producer who worked on the first two White Stripes albums claims he deserves a share of the royalties, saying he played a pivotal role in creating the band's signature sound.

Jim Diamond, who is listed as co-producer on the band's self-titled first album, released in 1999, has sued the White Stripes in U.S. District Court. He is listed as sound mixer on "De Stijl," released in 2000.

"It's not just about fun and games," Diamond said. "I understand this is a business."

A June 12 trial date was set.

"It is a meritless case which will be defended with vigor," said Bert Deixler, the Los-Angeles based attorney representing the White Stripes, the rock duo of singer-guitarist Jack White and drummer Meg White.

The White Stripes deny that Diamond helped create the band's style. The band said in court documents that they paid him $35 an hour for time at his Ghetto Recorders studio, which he started in 1996.

18th April 2006 07:37 AM
Break The Spell I liked the direction they went on their last album "Get Behind Me Satan". "The Denial Twist" was one of my favorite songs of last year. They proved they were more than just a garage rock band.
18th April 2006 09:54 AM
Lil Brian Jack White has a new band.
18th April 2006 01:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels JACK WHITE COKE AD LEAKED

THE WHITE STRIPES rocker JACK WHITE's infamous Coca-Cola advertisement has been leaked onto the internet. In the forthcoming commercial, the rocker sings lyrics including, "It's the right thing to do, and you know it/It's inside of you, so just show it/Love is the truth". The video mimics the style of the promo for The White Stripes single THE HARDEST BUTTON TO BUTTON, by replicating the ad's characters in time with the song's beat. Frontman White amazed fans when he agreed to write and sing a love song to aid the soft drinks giant's flat sales, but said at the time: "I've been offered the opportunity to write a song in a way which interests me as a songwriter. "I certainly wouldn't want a song that I'd already written to be used on a commercial. That seems strange. "But to be asked to write something particular along one theme of love in a worldwide form that I'm not really used to appealed to me. I've written a song and I wrote it really quickly and it's an interesting commercial that's been made. I was inspired by the commercial." Fans can see the advertisement at website YouTube.com.
18/04/2006 17:19

18th April 2006 01:52 PM
Break The Spell Interesting if nothing else, I really like THBTB, my favorite track off of Elephant. He was the last guy I thought would do a comercial for anything, but if he's making some extra cash off of it and is having a good time as a songwriter doing it, more power to him. At least he's not using the original song for the commercial.
18th April 2006 02:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels It's not such a big deal anymore. Commercials are on the cutting edge of creativity. It's so easy a caveman could do it.
18th April 2006 03:20 PM
Dead_Flowers
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
Jack White has a new band.

Do you know it's name?

De Stijl was a great album, I like all of them really but favor that one for some reason.

I wonder how this guy can take credit for their sound? Most of their sound is from Jack White. Even if he taught Jack how to play it still wouldn't make sense. Then music teachers all over the world would be suing their students.

18th April 2006 05:50 PM
Lil Brian The Raconteurs
http://www.nme.com/news/22525
19th April 2006 01:08 AM
prodigalson de stijl is a great blues/garage record
19th April 2006 01:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Racontuers are the rythmn section of The Greenhornes, Jack, and Brendan Benson.

I was talking to Johnny Walker of the Soledad Brothers about it. He didn't say so in so many words...in fact he was very complimentary...but I got the feeling that he was a bit miffed that Brendan and Jack didn't pick The Soledads instead of the Greenhornes.

The Racontuers are supposed to hit the US after the summer music festival season in Europe. I'll go see 'em, depending on where they play.

As for the lawsuit...it's always a shame when money comes between former friends. But it happens all the time. This lawsuit would not be happening if the last two White Stripes records had been done at Ghetto Recorders. And it's for certain now that this lawsuit has been filed...there will never be another WS album done at Ghetto Recorders.
19th April 2006 10:11 PM
Soldatti I still hear their last album a lot.
19th April 2006 10:21 PM
Dead_Flowers
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
The Raconteurs
http://www.nme.com/news/22525

Thanks for the info Lil Brian! I went to their offical site. It was cool, it reminded me of the first computer I ever used where the screen was green and black. I couldn't find any samples of their songs there, maybe I didn't look hard enough.

I did find a lot of their videos on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=The+Raconteurs+&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

From the few songs I heard, I thought they could be a good band. I hope it's not the end for the White Stripes though.
20th April 2006 06:55 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Dead_Flowers wrote:

It was cool, it reminded me of the first computer I ever used where the screen was green and black.

That was the same as my first computer, was it a Bondwell by chance?? It was a little lap top I had, at the time I mainly used it to play games on, maybe type a few papers. hard to believe that was about 20 years ago!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)