ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saint Of Me Instead Of YCAGWYW.... Return to archive
17th April 2006 02:02 PM
RollingstonesUSA Put Saint Of Me as the encore opener, I think this could work, any thoughts....
17th April 2006 02:06 PM
Break The Spell The only Bridges song they did this tour I believe was Out Of Control, which is my favorite off that album. Saint Of me is a close second though. I don't know if it will work well as an encore, but it would be a great mid-set song and I'd like to see it in the live set again, I don't think they've done it live since '99.
17th April 2006 02:17 PM
JesusChrist Yea, I always liked that one a lot too.
17th April 2006 02:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
The only Bridges song they did this tour I believe was Out Of Control, which is my favorite off that album. Saint Of me is a close second though. I don't know if it will work well as an encore, but it would be a great mid-set song and I'd like to see it in the live set again, I don't think they've done it live since '99.

This would work good in that slot, as it would be different and the band is physically able to play it well. I think using OOC and SOM in this slot would be a move in the right direction.
17th April 2006 02:19 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This would work good in that slot, as it would be different and the band is physically able to play it well. I think using OOC and SOM in this slot would be a move in the right direction.

Exactly, they could still pull off OOC well on this tour, no reason they couldn't do SOM time to time as well, kind of like how they alternated YGMR and LIS for a brief period.
17th April 2006 03:59 PM
Spru They need Saint of Me in the set somewhere, every few shows.
18th April 2006 07:44 AM
Bruno I would miss Ronnie´s solo in YCAGWYW but would like his one in SOM better. Nice sugestion, anyway.
18th April 2006 08:23 AM
Honky Tonk Man It's a great suggestion and I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear it in Europe this summer, though I doubt it'll be in the place of You Can't Always Get What You Want. As far as tours from recent previous tours go, Saint Of Me is the one I really wish I'd been there to witness. That, and Out Of Control. I'm hopeful!

18th April 2006 09:15 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It's a great suggestion and I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear it in Europe this summer, though I doubt it'll be in the place of You Can't Always Get What You Want. As far as tours from recent previous tours go, Saint Of Me is the one I really wish I'd been there to witness. That, and Out Of Control. I'm hopeful!

Those two are incredible live and i hope you get to see them sometime. In fact, SOM and OOC were the two highlights from the Bridges concerts I saw.
18th April 2006 09:57 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Those two are incredible live and i hope you get to see them sometime. In fact, SOM and OOC were the two highlights from the Bridges concerts I saw.

I think they were probably the two best-performed songs from the entire Bridges tour. Flip The Switch was also really good. Saint Of Me and Out Of Control are absolute classics in my opinion. Out Of Control got an airing at the Milan gig in '03, though I didn’t hear it and Saint Of Me was performed once or twice in Europe. I'd love it to be a regular this time, but I reckon we'll get them once or twice. I just hope it's at Twickenham!
18th April 2006 10:12 AM
Scottfree Always Suffering... Keefs solo is sublime.....
18th April 2006 11:31 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I think they were probably the two best-performed songs from the entire Bridges tour. Flip The Switch was also really good. Saint Of Me and Out Of Control are absolute classics in my opinion. Out Of Control got an airing at the Milan gig in '03, though I didn’t hear it and Saint Of Me was performed once or twice in Europe. I'd love it to be a regular this time, but I reckon we'll get them once or twice. I just hope it's at Twickenham!

They seem to always do a good set at Twickenham, I hope you at least get one of those two songs there. I loved the Twick show on Four Flicks.
18th April 2006 01:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

They seem to always do a good set at Twickenham, I hope you at least get one of those two songs there. I loved the Twick show on Four Flicks.

I was at that Twick show. It was a nice night. My only disappointment was that I didn't get to the show the night before because it was canceled.
18th April 2006 01:27 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:

I was at that Twick show. It was a nice night. My only disappointment was that I didn't get to the show the night before because it was canceled.

I'm jealous, I entered a contest to win tickets to that show through a local radio station. The guy that won it wasn't even a Stones fan, the guy just wanted to visit England!! From the looks of it, it was a great venue and a good set, PIB sounded incredible that night!!
18th April 2006 01:29 PM
glencar I guess I'm going there again this August.
18th April 2006 05:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I guess I'm going there again this August.

i hope it turns out better than we think it will!
20th April 2006 09:43 AM
tumbling dice
In Europe they will put Saint of Me in the middle of the gig before Keith set and OOC will be back after b-stage and before SFTD sometimes.
20th April 2006 11:54 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

In Europe they will put Saint of Me in the middle of the gig before Keith set and OOC will be back after b-stage and before SFTD sometimes.

As much as I love both of those songs (especially Out Of Control), I would like to see them try gunface at least once.
21st April 2006 12:15 PM
RollingstonesUSA You know they can pull this off:
1.Brown Sugar
2.Get Off Of My Cloud
3.Rough Justice
4.Oh No, Not You Again
5.Sway
6.Worried About You
7.Ain't To Proud To Beg
8.Saint Of Me
9.Gimme Shelter
10.Street Fighting Man(Introductions)
11.Infamy(Keith)
12.Before They Make Me Run(Keith)
13.Miss You(To B-Stage)
14.She Saw Me Coming(B-Stage)
15.Tumbling Dice(B-Stage)
16.Honky Tonk Women(Back To Main Stage)
17.Out Of Control
18.Start Me Up
19.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
20.Satisfaction

"ENCORE"
21.Sympathy For The Devil
22.Jumpin' Jack Flash
21st April 2006 06:32 PM
glencar As long as they do something every night!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)