ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guns N' Roses to Play New York (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th April 2006 11:46 AM
justinkurian From Rolling Stone.com:

Guns N' Roses to Play New York

Axl's crew to perform in U.S. for first time in three years When Axl Rose told Rolling Stone in January that he'd have new music for Guns N' Roses fans this year, he wasn't kidding. After a decade of working on Chinese Democracy, the follow-up to 1993's platinum-selling The Spaghetti Incident, and three years away from American stages, GN'R are ready to play New York next month. Tickets for May 15th and 17th at the Hammerstein Ballroom, go on sale April 21st.
While there's no definite word as to what music Axl and his current GN'R lineup will play live, the notoriously reclusive rocker told Rolling Stone of his new songs, "I'm trying to do something different. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses.'"

Thirty-two songs -- including the Axl faves "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues" -- are in the works for the new album, to be narrowed down to thirteen. Versions of "Better" and "There Was a Time" were among the tracks leaked online -- and, briefly, to radio -- in February.

After these two U.S. dates, GN'R are also slated to play a string of dates in Europe, starting May 27th in Lisbon, Portugal.

An official release date for the now-mythical Chinese Democracy has yet to be announced.
17th April 2006 01:07 PM
Break The Spell I've heard rumors that the original line-up will play a few dates, but I assume they mean 4/5 of the original line-up with Matt Sorum filling in on drums for Adler who's too far out of it to play anymore.
17th April 2006 05:51 PM
mrhipfl Saying that Guns n' Roses will be performing is like saying Mick Jagger is the Rolling stones
18th April 2006 02:51 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I know thaey are booked in to play Download festival this year.

For those of you who dont know what Download is, its basically the Donnington Monsters of Rock festival.
18th April 2006 05:41 AM
Angiegirl Who cares, there's nothing left of the once great band of 15 years ago anyway. They suck ass hard these days, they sound like, well, imagine a horrible sound and you'll be close. I wouldn't spend a dime on them now.
18th April 2006 06:53 AM
Break The Spell I don't think even Axl knows who's going to be in the band line-up for the tour, one week you read its the original line-up, another week you read its one of the newer guys. After hearing some of the demo tracks for their new album, I can see why Axl was in no rush to release Chinese democgracy!!
18th April 2006 08:06 AM
corgi37 Number 1 - Who cares?

Number 2 - Bet the tour gets cancelled due to Axle's fucked up brain.

Number 3 - Who cares?
18th April 2006 10:58 AM
Bruno As a GnR fan, I care. Axl became a very bizarre man. Itīs a pity when you watch the old Guns shows and then you see Axl with Botox in his face singing (or trying to)this "industrial" rock.

I love the old (real) Guns`n`Roses. They were neat rock and roll. I am very curious about him and his band nowadays, how he sounds and if he still can do it.

18th April 2006 12:10 PM
lotsajizz he can

I saw in 12/02 in Boston--he came on at 11:30 P.M. (after being scheduled for 8--a third of the crowd gave up in disgust)...he and his (far improved) band played for two and a half hours one of the greatest shows I've ever seen
18th April 2006 12:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
he can

I saw in 12/02 in Boston--he came on at 11:30 P.M. (after being scheduled for 8--a third of the crowd gave up in disgust)...he and his (far improved) band played for two and a half hours one of the greatest shows I've ever seen

I also attended a 2002 show during the short lived tour, Axl did arrive very late to this show as well. Very solid band, great performance, but sadly, he beleives he is much more important and significant now than he ever was. No one ever informed him that this is not 1988 anymore.

I was a big time Guns fan! and the complete dickweed that Axl proved to me is disappointing to say the least.
18th April 2006 12:26 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I also attended a 2002 show during the short lived tour, Axl did arrive very late to this show as well. Very solid band, great performance, but sadly, he beleives he is much more important and significant now than he ever was. No one ever informed him that this is not 1988 anymore.

I was a big time Guns fan! and the complete dickweed that Axl proved to me is disappointing to say the least.

Axl seems to think that it was only him that made the band great and not the players around him. Thats when a downfall of any band happens really, when the egos of one or two members get way out of control and overshadow the rest of the band. Some egos get so bad, that they feel their even above their fans.
18th April 2006 01:57 PM
glencar I hope those who left got their money back. Axl is such an a-hole.
18th April 2006 01:59 PM
Break The Spell The concerts are scheduled for May 15th and 17th, which means Axl will probably show up on the 16th and 18th.
18th April 2006 02:01 PM
Lord Homosex it would not surprise me if some of the older members hooked back up with Axl. As much as they battle, they also know the power, the ($) of a reunion. Velvet revolver seems almost as volatile, and not near as successful as GNR. I can see Slash, who will always be Axl's guitarman, and Duff, who will go where Salsh goes, and wher ever he can stay healthy. Matt of course will follow. That leaves the most IMO most important ex-member Izzy who will not join.
18th April 2006 02:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
The concerts are scheduled for May 15th and 17th, which means Axl will probably show up on the 16th and 18th.

if at all...he is averaging about 50% attendance at his own shows.
18th April 2006 02:03 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

if at all...he is averaging about 50% attendance at his own shows.

He don't need low concert attendance to be humiliated when he does it fine himself!!
18th April 2006 04:03 PM
Carol Sigmaringa I love Guns, but I don't like the new songs. There is no GN'R anymore, I don't think this is GN'R. It's Axl new band and I'm tired of this.
I HATE this industrial rock he is doing! But I like Velvet Revolver.

But I'll buy Chinese Democracy just to see what he's been doing for so long.
18th April 2006 04:06 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
I love Guns, but I don't like the new songs. There is no GN'R anymore, I don't think this is GN'R. It's Axl new band and I'm tired of this.
I HATE this industrial rock he is doing! But I like Velvet Revolver.

But I'll buy Chinese Democracy just to see what he's been doing for so long.

Even if its sells reasonably well, it still won't make up for the enourmous cost it took to make Chinese Democgracy. When you put 15 years into making an album, it better be worth it, and from the early sounds of it, this don't look to be the case. You can see why he's been sitting on this material for so long.
18th April 2006 04:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Even if its sells reasonably well, it still won't make up for the enourmous cost it took to make Chinese Democgracy. When you put 15 years into making an album, it better be worth it, and from the early sounds of it, this don't look to be the case. You can see why he's been sitting on this material for so long.

I suspect that the songs "originally to be released" 15 years ago were either completely reworked (I can see Axl not wanting to pay anyone performance fees who pissed him off, See: Buckethead) or left off and replaced.

This album will sell just from the "why the hell so long" factor.....but will probably sound quite dated.
19th April 2006 12:27 AM
Soldatti The new GNR album is a complete joke, Axl too.
Sad, because I even liked some stuff of the spaghetti album.
19th April 2006 02:13 AM
gorda For me, Guns and Roses is Axel Rose with Slash. Without Slash in the band, there is no Guns and Roses.

If Axel can't get Slash to come on board again, then he might as well forget the whole thing.

Or maybe he should start all over with a new band, a new name, and a whole new image.

P.S. Because trying to "trick" his fans into thinking that Guns and Roses is still alive and kicking is an insult to our intelligence! Guns and Roses is dead! And, all that is left is the memories. Good times! Bad times! A time when we were all so young and rebellious, thinking that all our dreams would somehow come true!
19th April 2006 05:48 AM
lotsajizz Slash sucks

19th April 2006 06:48 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
gorda wrote:
For me, Guns and Roses is Axel Rose with Slash. Without Slash in the band, there is no Guns and Roses.

If Axel can't get Slash to come on board again, then he might as well forget the whole thing.

Or maybe he should start all over with a new band, a new name, and a whole new image.

P.S. Because trying to "trick" his fans into thinking that Guns and Roses is still alive and kicking is an insult to our intelligence! Guns and Roses is dead! And, all that is left is the memories. Good times! Bad times! A time when we were all so young and rebellious, thinking that all our dreams would somehow come true!

I agree about G 'N R being Axl with slash, and if Slash come back, at least Izzy should be there, it was the band they started together after all. Somehow I don't see Izzy ever being back in, too much bad blood there.
20th April 2006 08:31 AM
yesterdaysdandelion I may have gone out of sheer curiosity but I just checked prices and tix are 68.00 before added tm fees.no thanks.
20th April 2006 09:04 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
yesterdaysdandelion wrote:
I may have gone out of sheer curiosity but I just checked prices and tix are 68.00 before added tm fees.no thanks.

So I guess you're not aboard for the Stones autumn tour if you don't like $68 tickets.
20th April 2006 09:38 AM
ebmp
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Who cares, there's nothing left of the once great band of 15 years ago anyway. They suck ass hard these days, they sound like, well, imagine a horrible sound and you'll be close. I wouldn't spend a dime on them now.

Have you listened to ANY of the new songs?

Cause theyīre preety good

Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT, Better, Catcher in The Rye and IRS are awesome songs

Chinese Democracy is good, but needs improvement in my opinion

And itīs not fuckin industrial rock, its just not plain Rock n Roll

How can you call Cacther in The Rye industrial rock? This album will have various styles

Judging by the new songs its going to rock
[Edited by ebmp]
20th April 2006 11:34 AM
nanatod The Guns n' Roses message board has more than double the amount of members we have here.

Gazza, DO SOMETHING!!!!!
20th April 2006 11:42 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
The Guns n' Roses message board has more than double the amount of members we have here.

Gazza, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

I've always found it amazing that a band with such a small catalogue and unstable line-up has so many fans. The only solid album is AFD, the rest have too much filler.
20th April 2006 06:10 PM
yesterdaysdandelion
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

So I guess you're not aboard for the Stones autumn tour if you don't like $68 tickets.

I hope your not comparing the two groups.I've paid out my ass like everyone else to see the Stones and will continue to do so.68.00 dollars to see Axl...no thanks,saw G&R back in the day and scalped those tix for 95 each,that was worth it I doubt it will be this time around.
20th April 2006 06:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
nanatod wrote:
The Guns n' Roses message board has more than double the amount of members we have here.

Gazza, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

LOL..what do you suggest..breed with the existing members?

How many GNR message boards are there, anyway? One?

There are at least 6 active unofficial Stones fan boards in English that I'm aware of (aside from the official site). Plus several others in French, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese and other languages.

The Stones have more message boards these days than GNR have fans

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)