ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th April 2006 06:50 AM
Break The Spell The UK singles have charted better than in the US, I think Love is Strong here made it to #88 here. Also, this may have been the very last single in the US to ever make it to the hot 100 single charts.
20th April 2006 09:38 AM
tumbling dice
Sadly, Mixed Emotions was their last great commercial single.
20th April 2006 09:41 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

Sadly, Mixed Emotions was their last great commercial single.

Too bad they stopped doing it live as it was their last top 5 single. I heard Mick saying the chorus is hard to pull off so maybe thats why they no longer do it.
20th April 2006 11:47 AM
Spru
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Too bad they stopped doing it live as it was their last top 5 single. I heard Mick saying the chorus is hard to pull off so maybe thats why they no longer do it.

This is true. I remember hearing the same thing. They prefer Sad Sad Sad and Rock and a Hard Place live from Steel Wheels (Slipping Away too, obviously, for Keith). Sadly, Hold Onto Your Hat is probably the best track on the whole album and I don't think they've ever played it live.
20th April 2006 11:50 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Spru wrote:

This is true. I remember hearing the same thing. They prefer Sad Sad Sad and Rock and a Hard Place live from Steel Wheels (Slipping Away too, obviously, for Keith). Sadly, Hold Onto Your Hat is probably the best track on the whole album and I don't think they've ever played it live.

HOTYH is one of my favorites off SW, and it was the song that got the sessions for that album rolling. In january 1989, Keith rolled up to Mick's place and heard him jamming on the riff to that song on guitar, he said once he heard that, his first reaction was "this year is already made", then they went on to their first tour in 8 years!! Yes, too bad it was never given a chance live. I would have chosen that over Terrifying which they did do live.
20th April 2006 12:08 PM
mmdog
Spell,

That's cool, I didn't know Jagger came up with the riff to Hold On To Your Hat. Does he play it on the album? The last Stones single on the main chart in the U.S. was Sympathy For The Devil in 2003.
20th April 2006 12:14 PM
mmdog
I don't know if You Got Me Rocking was planned to be a single. However Rock Radio really picked up on it. I think they rushed together the video and put it on MTV. It wasn't until months later that you could get in stores however. I think they just tried to take advantage of the momentum.
20th April 2006 12:28 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Spell,

That's cool, I didn't know Jagger came up with the riff to Hold On To Your Hat. Does he play it on the album? The last Stones single on the main chart in the U.S. was Sympathy For The Devil in 2003.

Yes, Jagger plays rhythm on HOTYH. Keith once joked that "Mick's a pretty good rhythm player, but he's also had a very good teacher".
20th April 2006 12:55 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
The UK singles have charted better than in the US, I think Love is Strong here made it to #88 here. Also, this may have been the very last single in the US to ever make it to the hot 100 single charts.

Here are the Stones charting singles in the Hot 100 or Bubbling under hot 100 since 1994:

LOVE IS STRONG
US Date: 30/07/1994 - Run: 110-111- 95-93-96-*91*-97 (7/5 wks)

OUT OF TEARS
US Date: 15/10/1994 - Run: 81-75-75-66-65-64-*60*-67-69-77-77-79- (12 wsf)
07/01/1995: 92-94-98 (15 wks)

YOU GOT ME ROCKING
US Date: 21/01/1995 - Run: 117-*113* (2 wks)

LIKE A ROLLING STONE
US Date: 02/12/1995 - Run: *109* (1 wk)

SAINT OF ME
US Date: 28/02/1998 - Run: 102- *94*-94-94-100 (5/4 wks)

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
US Date: 04/10/2003 - Run: *97* (1 wk)
21st April 2006 07:07 PM
speedfreakjive you guys make me cry at times; Don't Stop is trite!!!!!

the last good single was I Go Wild IMHO.

before 1989, Harlem Shuffle was their last great single.
Soldatti, what were the official singles from Tatoo You?
21st April 2006 08:31 PM
Spru
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
you guys make me cry at times; Don't Stop is trite!!!!!

the last good single was I Go Wild IMHO.

before 1989, Harlem Shuffle was their last great single.
Soldatti, what were the official singles from Tatoo You?

I agree that I Go Wild was a good single. However, while I'm not putting Don't Stop in the class of Brown Sugar, HTW, JJF, Dice, etc., I think it's a good single from the Steel Wheels-to-present era. I think it had potential to achieve a decent chart position had it really been pushed and had a good video. It is played frequently on the satellite radio channel broadcast where I work.
[Edited by Spru]
21st April 2006 11:17 PM
scratched Simple.

Don't Stop = Pish.
22nd April 2006 01:05 AM
yellerstang Don't Stop is a wanker!!
22nd April 2006 01:11 AM
pdog
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)