ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
18th April 2006 01:49 PM
glencar Yes, I agree that ABB is a return to basics!
18th April 2006 01:54 PM
Break The Spell Yes, ABB did mark a return to the more traditional Stones sound, too bad it didn't do better sales wise. Its just a different time now and their brand of raw rock and blues just don't sell anymore. If they put out Some Girls or Tattoo You right now, the sales would probably be similar sadly.
18th April 2006 03:38 PM
egon It's better than back to zero
18th April 2006 03:56 PM
mmdog
I agree it should have been on Live Licks. Every tour has a few non-warhorse songs that stick out. Bridges had the new tunes plus Little Queenie, Last Time, Wanna Hold You and Sister Morphine. Licks included If You Can't Rock Me, Rambler,Knocking, Love Train and Don't Stop. It would have cool to have the other four besides CHYMK on Live Licks.
18th April 2006 04:00 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
mmdog wrote:

If You Can't Rock Me, Rambler,Knocking, Love Train and Don't Stop. It would have cool to have the other four besides CHYMK on Live Licks.

If You Can't Rock Me was a bonus track on the Japanese version if you can find that one.
18th April 2006 04:09 PM
Spru
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I remember that vid. Mick Jagger is a huge NBA fan as well.

I love Don't Stop. Still play it, best thing they have done in many, many years.

I didn't know Mick was a huge NBA fan, but that's great. Just another reason I love the dude. And I agree that it's the best thing they've done in many years. It rivals pretty much anything post-Some Girls in my book.
[Edited by Spru]
[Edited by Spru]
18th April 2006 04:13 PM
Break The Spell I've heard he was an NBA fan but I've yet to see which teams he likes.
18th April 2006 04:18 PM
jb DreaADFUL SONG, BUT BETTER RELEASE THEN SOL.............
18th April 2006 04:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
DreaADFUL SONG, BUT BETTER RELEASE THEN SOL.............

it did have that Keef signature guitar, and had the patented Mick "chanting break" (See I go Wild). It did the job of being a new song to feature while on the road. I do think it should be played at about the frequency of Love is Strong though.
19th April 2006 12:22 AM
Soldatti I like it, best song of the new ones on 40 licks. The video was horrible.
19th April 2006 07:05 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I like it, best song of the new ones on 40 licks. The video was horrible.

Yes, it the best of the new ones on there, I'd like to hear the rest of the songs they recorded during those sessions. I heard they did lots of good uptempo stuff in the summer of 02, but they just put the 4 most commercial sounding songs on Licks as it was a hits package.
19th April 2006 08:58 AM
tumbling dice
Good single,better of any singles of A Bigger bang. Good to play live..
19th April 2006 09:01 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

Good single,better of any singles of A Bigger bang. Good to play live..

They did pick the worst songs off ABB to use as singles. The true singles are Rough Justice and ONNYA as those two made it into the set list nearly every night while SOL was never played once.
19th April 2006 12:53 PM
Spru
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

They did pick the worst songs off ABB to use as singles. The true singles are Rough Justice and ONNYA as those two made it into the set list nearly every night while SOL was never played once.

While I agree SOL and BM were poor choices for singles, I think RFD is a very good song, and not a bad choice for a single. While RJ and ONNYA are the true singles, RFD definitely has a place, albeit maybe not as the second single. Some of my friends who are casual Stones fans liked RFD alot when ABB first came out, and one of them who I went to the PNC Park show with expressed his desire to see it performed live that night. As it turns out, he missed it by about a month.
19th April 2006 01:02 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Spru wrote:

While I agree SOL and BM were poor choices for singles, I think RFD is a very good song, and not a bad choice for a single. While RJ and ONNYA are the true singles, RFD definitely has a place, albeit maybe not as the second single. Some of my friends who are casual Stones fans liked RFD alot when ABB first came out, and one of them who I went to the PNC Park show with expressed his desire to see it performed live that night. As it turns out, he missed it by about a month.

True, RFD was the best of the three actual singles, and the only single from ABB they actually played live. Singles they've put out since 1981 don't make it into their set list all that often. From Steel Wheels, if they do anything from it live its Keith's "Slipping Away", from Voodoo Lounge its "You Got Me Rockin'", from Bridges To Babylon its "Out Of Control", from ABB its RJ, ONNYA and TPIE. None of those songs from the past 4 albums are singles and its the ones they play most often live.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
19th April 2006 01:48 PM
Spru Break The Spell, you are absolutely right. I don't mind it that way either. Who cares if they are singles or not, as long as they are good tunes, esp. when played live. Hell, Sympathy wasn't a single and it's arguably their best song ever.

PS - I thought YGMR was a single. I could be wrong.
19th April 2006 02:05 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Spru wrote:
Break The Spell, you are absolutely right. I don't mind it that way either. Who cares if they are singles or not, as long as they are good tunes, esp. when played live. Hell, Sympathy wasn't a single and it's arguably their best song ever.

PS - I thought YGMR was a single. I could be wrong.

The official singles off VL were Love Is Strong and Out Of Tears. YGMR has just been played with so much regularity that it seems as though it was a single, but I can understand why, its a good live song that gets the crowd into it.
19th April 2006 02:48 PM
Gazza YGMR was actually the 2nd single released from Voodoo Lounge

In order :

Love is strong (promo video was the 'Stones as giants' one)
YGMR (live footage from the official Giants Stadium video that was sold at the shows with the studio version dubbed on)
Out of tears (video filmed in Cleveland with lots of rain)
I Go Wild (video filmed in Mexico)
19th April 2006 02:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

True, RFD was the best of the three actual singles, and the only single from ABB they actually played live. Singles they've put out since 1981 don't make it into their set list all that often. From Steel Wheels, if they do anything from it live its Keith's "Slipping Away", from Voodoo Lounge its "You Got Me Rockin'", from Bridges To Babylon its "Out Of Control", from ABB its RJ, ONNYA and TPIE. None of those songs from the past 4 albums are singles and its the ones they play most often live.

YGMR, Out of Control and Rough Justice were all singles (although SOL was the "non US" single)

Out Of Control was the 3rd BTB single. The first two were Anybody seen My Baby and Saint of Me.
[Edited by Gazza]
19th April 2006 02:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
YGMR was actually the 2nd single released from Voodoo Lounge

In order :

Love is strong (promo video was the 'Stones as giants' one)
YGMR (live footage from the official Giants Stadium video that was sold at the shows with the studio version dubbed on)
Out of tears (video filmed in Cleveland with lots of rain)
I Go Wild (video filmed in Mexico)

I own the I Go Wild Single...has four versions of the song on there and has not been listened to since the day I bought it, aside from the live version.
19th April 2006 03:02 PM
Break The Spell I've yet to see the video for YGMR. Was there one for Out Of Control?? And I thought SOL was the official first single with RJ as the b-side, or was it meant to be a double A-side??
19th April 2006 03:15 PM
Gazza RJ/SOL was a kind of double A-side (although how you have an "A" side on a CD single has never been explained). Rough Justice was promoted more in the US as the single, whereas in other countries (most notably in Europe) it was Streets of Love.

Yeah, there was a video for Out of Control - it has the same idea as the promos for YGMR - the studio recording dubbed over concert footage. Its not bad actually. was released in time for the 1998 European tour. Sold about 3 copies, and I think I bought two of them. Theres a couple of remixes of OOC on it, one of which as I recall is pretty good by the standards of that kinda thing.

Do you remember when the Stones 'appeared' in an episode of "Beverly Hills 90210" during the Voodoo Lounge tour? They built a storyline around some of the kids going to see the Stones show at the Rosebowl and they showed a few clips of Not fade away and You got me rocking. The footage however is from the Giants Stadium show which was available for purchase at the VL shows. The video for the YGMR used the same footage but obviously the music wasnt "live".

I Go Wild was released as the 4th VL single in time for the European tour. Made top 30 in the UK as I recall. As Pug says it has 4 versions, including a good live version if I remember right, from Miami 93 and a decent remix by Scott Litt.

[Edited by Gazza]
19th April 2006 03:23 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:
RJ/SOL was a kind of double A-side (although how you have an "A" side on a CD single has never been explained). Rough Justice was promoted more in the US as the single, whereas in other countries (most notably in Europe) it was Streets of Love.

Yeah, there was a video for Out of Control - it has the same idea as the promos for YGMR - the studio recording dubbed over concert footage. Its not bad actually. was released in time for the 1998 European tour. Sold about 3 copies, and I think I bought two of them. Theres a couple of remixes of OOC on it, one of which as I recall is pretty good by the standards of that kinda thing.

Do you remember when the Stones 'appeared' in an episode of "Beverly Hills 90210" during the Voodoo Lounge tour? They built a storyline around some of the kids going to see the Stones show at the Rosebowl and they showed a few clips of Not fade away and You got me rocking. The footage however is from the Giants Stadium show which was available for purchase at the VL shows. The video for the YGMR used the same footage but obviously the music wasnt "live".

I Go Wild was released as the 4th VL single in time for the European tour. Made top 30 in the UK as I recall. As Pug says it has 4 versions, including a good live version if I remember right, from Miami 93 and a decent remix by Scott Litt.

[Edited by Gazza]

Thanks for the info, never knew OOC was ever a single, not many copies of it must have been pressed. Yes, I do remember that 90210 episode, I liked when the dad was rocking out to YGMR and IORR, I also remember the Not Fade Away live part. The one female chracter (can't recall her name, I wasn't a 90210 fan) said something like "let's see what all this Stones hype is about".
19th April 2006 03:36 PM
voodoopug FYI: MIami 94 Gazza!
19th April 2006 03:55 PM
Spru I love I Go Wild. Easily one of their very best efforts from the past 20 years.
19th April 2006 05:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
FYI: MIami 94 Gazza!

typo! LOL
19th April 2006 10:05 PM
Soldatti Out Of Control charted at #51 in UK on August 1998.

UK Single releases since 1994:
07/1994 #14 Love Is Strong
10/1994 #23 YGMR
12/1994 #36 Out Of Tears
07/1995 #29 I Go Wild
11/1995 #12 Like A Rolling Stone
10/1997 #22 ASMB
02/1998 #26 Saint Of Me
08/1998 #51 Out Of Control
12/2002 #36 Don't Stop
09/2003 #14 SFTD
09/2005 #15 Streets Of Love/Rough Justice
12/2005 #33 Rain Fall Down
19th April 2006 10:17 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Out Of Control charted at #51 in UK on August 1998.

UK Single releases since 1994:
07/1994 #14 Love Is Strong
10/1994 #23 YGMR
12/1994 #36 Out Of Tears
07/1995 #29 I Go Wild
11/1995 #12 Like A Rolling Stone
10/1997 #22 ASMB
02/1998 #26 Saint Of Me
08/1998 #51 Out Of Control
12/2002 #36 Don't Stop
09/2003 #14 SFTD
09/2005 #15 Streets Of Love/Rough Justice
12/2005 #33 Rain Fall Down

Any minute now Josh is going to point out the sheer humiliation of those numbers. So,you know,thanks for that Soldatti!

Riffy
20th April 2006 01:49 AM
Spru Honestly, not bad singles numbers. Coulda been better had the singles been pushed commerically.
20th April 2006 03:33 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I cant believe how much people have changed their tune over the past year or so.

I remember when I first came to this board, I started a thread very similar to this and I got a load of stick for it.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)