ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th April 2006 08:00 AM
maumau Setlist confirmed:

Jumping Jack Flash
Let's Spend The Night Together
It's Only Rock And Roll
Oh No Not You Again
Bitch
Ruby Tuesday
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Tumblin' Dice

This Place Is Empty
Happy

Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off My Cloud
Honky Tonk Woman

Sympathy
Paint It Black
Satisfaction
Can't Always Get What You Want
Brown Sugar

from stonesdoug shidobee
16th April 2006 08:09 AM
DizzyDutchman what a great setlist!!!!!

what the hell are they doing?
they just played the forty licks greatest hits album thru the stage sound system....

maybe it was a great show with just warhorses, but it's allright..... we are used to this kind of setlists aren't we?

Dizzy
16th April 2006 08:09 AM
corgi37 Wow, they get Rambler!
16th April 2006 08:22 AM
maumau just four songs that are not on forty licks
and 2 of them probably because they were not released yet at the time

sure they can mix it up better and more
but
Oh No Not You Again
Bitch
Ruby Tuesday
Midnight Rambler
is a pretty good quartet
16th April 2006 08:59 AM
lotsajizz yup--we've no complaints with how they start, and no complaints with the mixtures in the middle---it's the Keith-set, the B-stage set, and the closers we wish to see mixed up....jeez, how hard is it play 'The Last Time' or 'Not Fade Away' and cram that in once in a while at the end (they could BOTH be closers!), or even a 'Carol', 'Route 66', or 'Little Queenie' on the B-stage? And Keith needs to bring back 'Connection', 'You Got The Silver', 'Before They Make Run', 'You Don't HAve To Mean It', and 'Little T & A' into the mix...

I'd also like to see 1-2 new tunes a night they haven't really played--like 'Driving Too Fast' or 'Dangerous Beauty'

ya know--that all being said, this was not a bad setlist the kiwis got
[Edited by lotsajizz]
16th April 2006 09:44 AM
RSRTG Bloody hell...why couldnt we have Rambler?
16th April 2006 09:45 AM
Daethgod great feed from our NZ buddies

http://tvnz.co.nz/cda/tvnz/video_popup_windows_skin/701761?bandwidth=128k

16th April 2006 09:57 AM
Jeep

16th April 2006 09:59 AM
Jumping Jack Bitch, RT, PIB and Rambler all get my stamp of approval.
16th April 2006 10:16 AM
LadyJane I venture to say the fans of New Zealand are very happy.

Wonder if they realize this is very likely THE last time. for them.

LJ.
16th April 2006 10:31 AM
Ramrod I think the setlists are fine. What's with this 'mix it up more' when the vast majority of people who see the Stones on any one tour see them but once. Sure, you get some fans who see 2 shows, but only a relatively small number of people who see multiple shows.

The ones who see but one show would leave very dissapointed if Satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash etc were not played, and the ones who see two shows, well hey, no two nights are ever the same! There really is only a few songs that are able to be varied before too many of the classics get left off the setlist.

And look back through the setlists of the last few American and European tours and you will see that many different songs have atually been played. So the true multiple show attendees will have seen potentialy dozens of songs played live in the last decade.

I think this 'mix it up more' doggerel is a wank. But as some people continue to falsely assert, the sales have been horrific, the sound bad, the crowds terrible, the photos boring etc etc etc; so if this is so why worry anyway? I am so glad I don't need to sprout this shit in order to demonstrate to either myself or anyone else that I am a true Stones fan.

16th April 2006 10:37 AM
Jeep New Zealand Herald 17th april edition front page :

16th April 2006 11:07 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Ramrod wrote:
I think this 'mix it up more' doggerel is a wank.

So said by those who see them just a few times---for us addicts, we crave a variety to our buzz!!!

16th April 2006 11:51 AM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I venture to say the fans of New Zealand are very happy.

Wonder if they realize this is very likely THE last time. for them.

LJ.

One more show later in the week in their other "big city"!
16th April 2006 01:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Lookimg for pix I found this video http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411319/701781
16th April 2006 01:36 PM
voodoopug setlist....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....three new songs and only one non "40 Licks song" Welcome to the oldies revue!
16th April 2006 04:47 PM
waywardboy Yes i'm very happy with the set list , I think everyone else was too. Rambler and satisfaction I thought were f@##ing good , Mick can sure still move, The moving stage came right out in front of us , I think it was worth being where we wre just for that experiance, the small movable stage was like an old stones concert before the stages were massive runways
16th April 2006 05:34 PM
rybian I recorded the whole show.I hopefully will have it up for grabs in the next couple of days after the tape transfer is done.
16th April 2006 09:09 PM
stoned_in_dc i agree 100% with ramrod

the setlist criticism is a wank..

i wish I had been at this show! awesome set list!

maybe the .1% of fans who jetset around the world seeing each show can complain but for the rest of us mere mortals lucky to be able to see a few shows...well i think its great
16th April 2006 10:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
stoned_in_dc wrote:
i agree 100% with ramrod

the setlist criticism is a wank..

i wish I had been at this show! awesome set list!

maybe the .1% of fans who jetset around the world seeing each show can complain but for the rest of us mere mortals lucky to be able to see a few shows...well i think its great

This is our point. Our frustration is based on the stones refusing to cater to the portion of thein base who is responsible for the most "per capita" revenue. For the fans who only attend one or two shows....it is what it is... a chance to see a few new songs live and see what made the stones what they are.
16th April 2006 10:50 PM
gypsy Voodoo, I just sent you a file.
16th April 2006 11:54 PM
corgi37 Probably a great show, but JB would hate the clothes.
17th April 2006 01:29 AM
gypsy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Probably a great show, but JB would hate the clothes.

I hate those jackets Mick has worn during the entire tour. I blame it on L'wren. He looks much better whenever he wears a long-sleeve button-up shirt (un-buttoned) over a tight short-sleeve t-shirt. It is more flattering to his body, which is amazing, and should be shown more.
17th April 2006 01:42 AM
gypsy A few pics of The Rolling Stones in Auckland, New Zealand - April 16, 2006:

[Edited by gypsy]
17th April 2006 02:33 AM
gypsy One of my favorites:

17th April 2006 03:18 AM
rybian Check out a sample from Auckland show

Midnight Rambler - Auckland,New Zealand 16/04/2006

download.yousendit.com/BD22711A3A7F3BF0

I should have the entire show up for grabs on Dimeadozen in the next few days.
17th April 2006 04:42 AM
waywardboy Does anyone have a photo of the band on the moving stage, I wish I had taken a camera.
17th April 2006 05:40 AM
Jeep The New Zealand Herald Report :

The Rolling Stones at Western Springs
Reviewed by Russell Baillie

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=1501058&ObjectID=10377745

On the gas-gas-gas scale, it was just a gas-gas. Or maybe a gas-gas-and-a-half.

Yes, when the Rolling Stones - here for the fifth time in their 40-plus year history and 11 years to the day since last playing Western Springs - delivered almost everything that could be expected of them in their 20-song sub-two-hour show.

It even came with a gig-within-a-gig - a stage which rolled the entire band out into the middle of the Western Springs arena for a four-song bracket during the second half.

Pretty funny if you paid megabucks for the front row, only to see the band heading towards the Portaloos, huh?

Earlier, it did take a while for the band to prove this Auckland concert before 55,000 fans wasn't just another line on the tour T-shirt.

That proof came a good half a dozen songs in, having already dispensed with classics such as Jumping Jack Flash as opener (with Keith Richards straight into its pivotal riff with no mucking about on the original intro), Let's Spend the Night Together, and It's Only Rock'n'Roll.

Those songs might have well been the triumphant closing over on any other night. Played early on, this one sounded as if the whole show risked going through the motions.

But just as a dashed-off Ruby Tuesday threatened to stop any sense of momentum then came a higher gear with an extended, tension-and-release work through the band's blackest blues Midnight Rambler.

It was the night's first great performance, one which evoked the Stones' dangerous past rather than just plain old nostalgia. And fortunately, there was plenty more of those to come - especially Sympathy for the Devil, Paint It Black and Get Off Of My Cloud - on a set which predictably relied heavily on 60s and 70s material, along with a few numbers from last year's return-to-form album A Bigger Bang.

Individually, the core Stones - all sexagenarians except Ron Wood - appeared hale and hearty.

Complete with wardrobe in which nothing was too disco or too small, Sir Mick Jagger still risked inducing fatigue just watching him go-go-go. Charlie Watts remained the zen master behind his kit; Richards looked to be enjoying himself, his two Dylan-ish solo songs adding something unpredictable.

Talking of predictability, US pop-metallers Nickleback were an incongruous opener, one bullshit power ballad after another which supports the rock-is-dead argument more than the ancient headliners.

As for the Stones, they were great when great and when they weren't they were the Rolling Stones on a fairly good night. Which 40 years on, is still one of rock'n'roll's greatest circuses.
17th April 2006 05:42 AM
Jeep Two videos with footage of the show :

From TV3 :
http://www.tv3.co.nz/default.aspx?tabid=112&articleID=6627

From TVNZ One (with an article on the page) :
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/702129
17th April 2006 05:47 AM
speedfreakjive not a bad setlist - a good placing for Start Me Up
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)