ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Belfast Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival - "Charlie Is My Darling" with Andrew Loog Oldham, Return to archive
April 16th, 2004 03:46 PM
Gazza ANDREW LOOG OLDHAM
MONDAY MAY 3
THE NORTHERN WHIG 8.00PM

Andrew Loog Oldham defined the ‘60’s and immersed an impressionable nation in popular culture. He was the Beatles Press Manager, Marianne Faithfull’s agent, the Small Face’s label boss.

It was his staggering involvement with the Rolling Stones however, as manager, producer and he who discovered them that Loog Oldham entered 21st Century mythology.

Charlie Is My Darlin’, an unreleased, behind-the-scenes film documenting the Stones 1965 Tour of Ireland, interspersed with live Stones classics with exceptional interview footage, sees Brian Jones berating marriage and Mick Jagger impersonating Elvis. Genius.

After the film screening Andrew Oldham will talk about his singular life.

Tickets £6.00 from the Festival Office on 028 9023 2403 and Belfast Welcome Centre on 028 9024 6609

April 16th, 2004 06:38 PM
MarthaMyDear HAVE FUN SEEING THAT, BUTTHEAD!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAracking-up... lol............ LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol............. I expect a full report here afterwards... And, shit... HE!!! HE!!! lol.......... Take care, buddy, and talk to you laters!!! PEACE, SILLY-O!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
April 16th, 2004 06:47 PM
glencar Andrew comes cheap these days.
April 16th, 2004 11:29 PM
MarthaMyDear It's actually nice to see SOMEONE around the Stones not just doing it for money, if you know what I mean... lol....... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: lol. LOL!!!! Just kidding... lol.. Kind of!!! lol.. ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
April 17th, 2004 12:03 AM
beer Does anyone know what song Keith is playing on acoustic guitar, in the backstage footage of Charlie Is My Darling? i think it sounds really cool. It's right before Keith plays the song that Brian and Charlie sing.

April 17th, 2004 05:12 AM
rocky hi ! this is a great movie,it should be on dvd,soon ????? i hope,the acustic jam could be " san francisco bay blues" ??but i'm not sure ??,there's 2 live tracks,on the movie too ,
April 17th, 2004 07:09 AM
egon apparantly the can't bring it out on dvd, cos the original master tape was stolen...?
April 19th, 2004 12:22 PM
Jacques Hi
I have it on VCD, but video quality is not good.
April 19th, 2004 01:29 PM
beer i have it on dvd and the quality is excellent.