ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 Josť Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New tour begins on April 2005 Return to archive
April 8th, 2004 06:49 PM
Soldatti The producer of the shows in Argentina was talking with Michael Cohl and he said that the band will start the tour on April 2005 on the States, then Asia, then Europe and South America by the end of 2005 or begining 2006. A new album is on plans with the band getting together very soon.
[Edited by Soldatti]
April 8th, 2004 07:01 PM
Snappy McJack That's too long of a break.

January 2005 I could understand, but April? I thought they were going to scale down the tours so that they would play a lesser quantity of shows but play more over time. If they start in April, they would have taken over 16 months off!


I guess we are going to get another big tour. Yay!
April 8th, 2004 07:03 PM
Gazza If thats the case, then those US and European Tours are going to be a LOT shorter than usual - maybe 30 shows each maximum which would mean two months for each of those two legs as they wont be playing back to back shows anymore. Plus, it would look very unlikely they'd tour Europe until the autumn, so that would mean exclusively indoor shows.

Find it hard to believe they'd start the tour THAT late - ie April. Theres not very much that would reasonably prevent them from having a new album out by the end of 2004 if theyre recording from May and including new versions of old songs
April 8th, 2004 07:34 PM
gotdablouse New versions of old UNRELEASED songs I would hope, unless they're taking a cue from your friend JBJ ;-)
April 8th, 2004 07:40 PM
Gazza Yes - unreleased songs!

And listen mister, that shitehawk is no friend of mine...grrr

And anyway, the Stones did a similar thing on "Stripped" so I guess they kinda nicked the idea....
April 8th, 2004 07:52 PM
Monkey Woman Interesting... Recent Stones tours have a way of getting longer and longer, though. BTB morphed into NS, Licks was scheduled to stop in the summer of 2003 but trailed into the autumn... Maybe early 2006 will be late 2006 in the end?
April 8th, 2004 07:54 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And listen mister, that shitehawk is no friend of mine...grrr




LOL!!! Poor Gazza, the hairy menace is following you!
April 8th, 2004 09:05 PM
kahoosier April is just too late...and not from just a personel level, but for all the other reasons such as Gazza mentions. It just not make sense, nor does it click with all the hints the band and their entourage are dropping.

The only way that would be good news is that I have more time to save money to play gypsy and follow the group around the world again.
April 8th, 2004 09:22 PM
Gazza You're playing Gypsy? You dont even look remotely like her!
April 9th, 2004 12:51 AM
kahoosier Ahh Gazza, I stand corrected, not only did this imply I was assuming a false identidy, I was ethnically non PC hahhaha. I should have said I would assume the role of a semi-nomadic wanderer following a group of touring musicians.
April 11th, 2004 03:42 PM
Madafaka Everyone's invited to Bs As in a Stones concert! Hope you could fly to here. We'll drink a lot of beer and whisky. Interesting, isn't?
April 11th, 2004 08:25 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
[...] We'll drink a lot of beer and whisky. Interesting, isn't?



Well my fellow Max, it depends on who pay the bill...LOL

Will be a pleasure getting a booze with you....
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
April 11th, 2004 08:29 PM
Daethgod man lets hope Asia also means AUSTRALIA !!!!!!!!!



April 11th, 2004 08:35 PM
J.J.Flash Don't worry Daethgod. I doubt they would start a new tour without including Australia. You bet!
April 11th, 2004 10:58 PM
mac_daddy I was hoping we would see them in the fall/winter of this year around these parts, with a new album released in late fall...
April 12th, 2004 03:53 AM
gotdablouse The good news here is that this give them time to cook up something decent in the studio, giving priority to the music for the first time since the VL sessions eleven years ago, although the released musical results weren't that great.
April 12th, 2004 04:21 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
The good news here is that this give them time to cook up something decent in the studio, giving priority to the music for the first time since the VL sessions eleven years ago, although the released musical results weren't that great.


Voodoo Lounge is one of their best works.
Love is Strong-classic stuff, different groove and sound

You Got me Rocking-bar-room boomer, feel good Stones Tune for the 90's

I Go Wild-Great Guitar and Jam. Classic sounding Stones once again.

Out of Tears-Best Ballad since Beast of Burden or Waiting on a Friend

Blinded By Rainbows-Good Tune no doubt

Sparks will Fly-Another pretty good Stones tune

Brand New Car-Good Tune, Slinky

New Faces-Cool

The Worst-Good Keith Tune with good Folk/Country standout

Baby Break it Down-Pretty good. Not great but rolls good with the album and shows alot of inspiration.

Thru and Thru-So totally Different than anything Keith has
done Before. Great song. Keith is an admiral/General for Rock n Roll itself.

Mean Disposition-average. Not as good as the others.

This is the bulk of them. Stones sounded natural again. Not forced like some of the stuff on the previous few albums. Lots of feeling and a fresh updated full Rolling Stones Sound.
Who could argue. I love the album.
Ian
April 12th, 2004 07:38 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Voodoo Lounge is one of their best works.
Love is Strong-classic stuff, different groove and sound

You Got me Rocking-bar-room boomer, feel good Stones Tune for the 90's

I Go Wild-Great Guitar and Jam. Classic sounding Stones once again.

Out of Tears-Best Ballad since Beast of Burden or Waiting on a Friend

Blinded By Rainbows-Good Tune no doubt

Sparks will Fly-Another pretty good Stones tune

Brand New Car-Good Tune, Slinky

New Faces-Cool

The Worst-Good Keith Tune with good Folk/Country standout

Baby Break it Down-Pretty good. Not great but rolls good with the album and shows alot of inspiration.

Thru and Thru-So totally Different than anything Keith has
done Before. Great song. Keith is an admiral/General for Rock n Roll itself.

Mean Disposition-average. Not as good as the others.

This is the bulk of them. Stones sounded natural again. Not forced like some of the stuff on the previous few albums. Lots of feeling and a fresh updated full Rolling Stones Sound.
Who could argue. I love the album.
Ian



AMEN!

Thanks Ian! You spare me to write tons of words just to show how good is Voodoo Lounge!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
April 12th, 2004 12:52 PM
gotdablouse We've been through this before, while there's some great stuff that came out of the VL sessions (listen to Brew, Stew and Residue) the stuff they chose for VL and especially the way it was produced is boring to me and many other people, including...Mick Jagger (read the Wenner interview from late 1995), that's just the way it is. B2B on the other hand carries across much more "excitement".

Anyway, the main point here is that they'll probably spend more time in the studio than originally intended which has to be good news considering how much they've neglected their creative dimension since..hum...the rush of 1977/78, and then again in 1993/94.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
April 12th, 2004 02:04 PM
UGot2Rollme you gotta believe that they will release the new CD before Christmas season, then tour soon thereafter, so April does sound late. My guess is they start their tour down south in Brazil>Rio around Carnival time... now that would be one hell of a party!
April 12th, 2004 02:07 PM
glencar The thing about a Christmas release is that it's presumably tied to a tour & they usually don't tour around that time. I guess they could "drop it" and then tour a month later but starting the tour first usually helps CD sales.
April 13th, 2004 06:36 AM
IanBillen
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:


AMEN!

Thanks Ian! You spare me to write tons of words just to show how good is Voodoo Lounge!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]



No-Prob at all. I don't know what the the heck
or how the heck people find fault with:

A. Renewed Stones energy
B. Quality Song Craft.
C. Good Song Writing
D. Catchy tunes
E. Nice new Full Bodied Sound (when it was needed)
F. Feeling and Inspiration from all band members
G. Stonesy Lyrics
H. Neat new experimentations here and there to keep it
fresh
I. Flow and Roll to the album-It takes you on a ride.
J. Rock n Roll Basics with a fresh ready feel.
K. Great Drums
L. Hit Worthy radio friendly singles yet still being totaly Stonesy.
What the heck is wrong with an album
that had everything listed above ya know???

Glad you loved it too.
Ian


April 13th, 2004 06:43 PM
gotdablouse hum...that's just your opinion Ian and I respect it, but don't try to ram it down everyone's throat, please. The fact that you even spend time referring to "Mean Disposition" is a bit of a concern as to your judgement...just kidding ;-)

So any news of some sessions in Paris that I could crash ;-)
April 14th, 2004 03:45 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
hum...that's just your opinion Ian and I respect it, but don't try to ram it down everyone's throat, please. The fact that you even spend time referring to "Mean Disposition" is a bit of a concern as to your judgement...just kidding ;-)

So any news of some sessions in Paris that I could crash ;-)


Yeah maybe you're right. I am an Aries and we are
extremely opinionated. I try to work on it but can't...
lol. I don't seem to get your MEan-Disposition joke.
Is it because I rated it fair?

Paris News- Well you know the strong rumor. May 20th
Studio sessions start in Paris with alot of
talk of the Stones only doing select tracks
and touching up ones from...."The Vault".
I e-mailed Sandy Robertson who is Don Was's publicist
on what his plans are for this summer (seeing if she would mention The Stones) to see if he is in on the deal again or not and she didn't reply.
I know for a fact The Stones did a good amount of
recording while on the Licks tour. Keith stated
they recorded in all kinds of places. Even hotel
rooms. He also said and I quote "Maybe a great Rolling Stones album will come out of it....who knows".
I am glad they did record while on Licks.
I feel they had alot of energy to their sound this tour as opposed to Bridges, No security, or even Voodoo. They played tight and more solid than ever. I hope this carried onto those recordings Keith spoke of. Good idea guys.
What do you know about the up-coming Stones plans?
Ian
April 14th, 2004 10:29 PM
gotdablouse May 20th, nice! Too bad the Boulogne Billancourt studios were pulled down in the early 90s, this did give us all the great Paris Results unknown tracks though ;-) Guillaume Tell again?

We'll have to wait I guess!

April 15th, 2004 01:13 AM
IanBillen [quote]gotdablouse wrote:
May 20th, nice! Too bad the Boulogne Billancourt studios were pulled down in the early 90s, this did give us all the great Paris Results unknown tracks though ;-) Guillaume Tell again?

We'll have to wait I guess!



Guilliam Tell is as prestigeous as you can get for a recording studio. You have to be from big to huge to book it and nothing shy of that. They have a Solid State Logic mixing console with a up scale Studer recorder. These two devices alone are around 500,000 alone.(400,000-500,000) for mixer and like (110,000) for the recorder. It is a multi-million dollar complex with all it's gear and rooms. Recording equipment of up scale proffesional quality is very expensive but this is top of the line....even for any professional. The location is perfect for celeberities. The Rooms have high ceilings and wood floors which produce good acoustics. Guilliam Tell Studios in France was originally a theater. However, It may be a little too ritzy. We need The Stones doing things somewhere far away from this elegance yet with the very best of the gear. Would be nice if we could get both of these worlds together for the boys on their next project.....only thing is no such place exists with that kind of gear while still being gritty and hard.
However I do have faith in them. They will do what needs to be done their way.
Ian