ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's Everyone Listening to Right Now? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 4th, 2004 08:24 PM
Daethgod Thirsty Merc - Emancipate Myself
Eamon - F** It
Simple Plan - Perfect
Hoodoo Scrounge Outtakes Love Is Strong (alt mix, with Keith on vocal)

April 5th, 2004 11:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot John Lee Hooker--Bedroom Boogie(boot of a Chicago club show in '76)

Neil Young--Weld

STP--Thank You

Skip James--The Complete Early Recordings

Bob Dylan--Penn State 2001 Fall Tour

The White Stripes-Singles, B-sides, and Other Oddities(my title for this compilation.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
April 5th, 2004 12:08 PM
Zeeta I was checkin my Ian Dury and the Blockheads out last night!! Forgot how good it was!

April 5th, 2004 12:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hit me with your rythmn stick! Hit me! Hit me!
April 5th, 2004 12:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels A complilation of stuff I had recorded off the radio onto my vintage 1990 boom box.

AC/DC
Neil Diamond
Some cat called "James", whoever he is.(Pretty?)
Led Zep
Ten Years After
Kinks... LOoooooowwwwww Budget.

April 5th, 2004 12:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot James was a band...not a guy. I'm pretty sure there wasn't even anyone named James in the band.

Oh....and they sucked like a hoovermatic.
April 5th, 2004 01:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
James was a band...not a guy. I'm pretty sure there wasn't even anyone named James in the band.

Oh....and they sucked like a hoovermatic.

Oh. All I ever heard was that one song...."PRETTY". I actually kind of like the song but they didn't seem to go anywhere. I kind of like that Hanson song OOm Bop or whatever it was, but they didn't seem to go anywhere either.
April 5th, 2004 01:26 PM
Monkey Woman Skip James for me too, "Complete 1931 recordings".

This board has a good collective taste, I tell you!
April 5th, 2004 01:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Skip James for me too, "Complete 1931 recordings".

This board has a good collective taste, I tell you!

Who's Skip James? Some Jazz guy? 1931 is a bit before my time.
April 5th, 2004 01:39 PM
Monkey Woman Some BLUESman!

Early, slow, Mississipi blues.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/artist/glance/-/40536/ref=m_art_dp/002-3628815-3765668
April 5th, 2004 01:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot How can you not know Skip James? Skip James is one of the guys Robert Johnson wanted to be like....most of the links below have some audio clips. If I were you, I'd just whip out the plastic and buy some Skip.

www.eyeneer.com/America/Genre/Blues/ Profiles/skip.james.html

www.cr.nps.gov/delta/blues/people/skip_james.htm

www.ingworld.com/appreciating/skipjames/

www.shs.starkville.k12.ms.us/mswm/MSWritersAndMusicians/ musicians/James.html

www.island.net/~blues/skip.html
April 5th, 2004 02:05 PM
Nasty Habits Skip James also did some fascinating and depending on who you talk to rather underrated recordings for Vanguard in the 60s, although they are quite different than his '31 recordings (not nearly so . . . uh. . . violent).

Currently: Dylan Bootleg Series Vol. 6

Earlier in the day: T. Rex's s/t LP

April 5th, 2004 02:11 PM
Joey

" Real Good Looking Boy " ( A Tribute to Elvis ) by THE WHO !!!!!

" Old Red Wine " ( A Tribute to John Entwistle ) by THE WHO !!!!!

" Mick Taylor Live in Sweden '00 " ( A Killer AUD ) given to me by a great and wonderful individual here on this board .

" Stones Rule You Bastards "

Jercee Boy !!!!
April 5th, 2004 03:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
How can you not know Skip James? Skip James is one of the guys Robert Johnson wanted to be like....most of the links below have some audio clips.

Thanks. That traces way back. Not enough time in a day I guess. I mean we can't all be whizz kids like Nasty Habits. Some of actually have to work for a living. LOL.
April 5th, 2004 03:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't get that....I work anywhere from 8-16 hours a day, there's ALWAYS time for music.

If I can do it, ANYONE can do it. The thing is...you gotta WANT to do it, y'know?
April 5th, 2004 03:48 PM
caro Vicente Amigo - various tracks burnt together on a homemade best-of CD.

And I just discovered Creation : heard "How does it feel to feel" on the radio. It's a cool song... Anyone knows and likes Creation?
April 5th, 2004 04:10 PM
Nasty Habits Ten Thousand Motels, if you only knew how hard I have to work to keep from working for a living!

Caro, I like Creation a lot. Good band -- love their early-Who-like sound! "Making Time", "Painter Man", "Biff Bang Pow", that shit is meaty beaty big and bouncy.

Currently: Charlie Mingus - '63 sessions with Jacki Byardi on piano. Genius.

Hey Factory Girl - you seen that Stooges reunion DVD from Detroit yet? WOW!

And hey, Caro - I would love to hear that Vicente Amigo CD! What you need in exchange?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
April 5th, 2004 06:08 PM
caro
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
And hey, Caro - I would love to hear that Vicente Amigo CD! What you need in exchange?

A Nasty-Omega-tee...err, no. You have PM!
April 5th, 2004 06:39 PM
Phog Dead Kennedys -- Deaf Club '79
Stones -- Wisconsin '89
April 5th, 2004 09:03 PM
mac_daddy Nirvana - the 92 Reading festival...

I might continue with another show after this one...

It was 10 years ago - what a f*cking shame.

RIP Kurt.

April 5th, 2004 09:14 PM
Lazy Bones Unreal. I'm currently watching a special on "grunge". Before the last commercial break, it talked about Andy Wood's (Mother Love Bone) death. Shortly, they'll get to Pearl Jam and Nirvana. I can't believe it's been 10 yrs...

If you're into "grunge" I highly recommend the SINGLES soundtrack. Very good.

April 5th, 2004 09:26 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Unreal. I'm currently watching a special on "grunge". Before the last commercial break, it talked about Andy Wood's (Mother Love Bone) death. Shortly, they'll get to Pearl Jam and Nirvana. I can't believe it's been 10 yrs...

which doc..? argh! I forget the name - Hype (maybe)... Anyway I liked it - the Pearl Jam stuff was done during the Noise Pollution radio thang (at their studio), and they interview Kim and Matt from Soundgarden, along with Susan Silver (his manager to whom he was also married up through the time of his solo album)... Anyway, that is a great doc, even if it got blasted by alot of those involved... A clip of Watt's "Big Train" plays prominently for while at the end, which I thought was weird, because he is from down here...

In a real twist in morbidness(sic), do you know that they believe Layne died on this day, too..? f*ckin' weird.
April 5th, 2004 11:53 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Unreal. I'm currently watching a special on "grunge". Before the last commercial break, it talked about Andy Wood's (Mother Love Bone) death. Shortly, they'll get to Pearl Jam and Nirvana. I can't believe it's been 10 yrs...

Shit, that's not the special that was on VH1 or MTV awhile back that they played only once or twice, shit, shit, shit, were the Supersuckers (while not grunge, but from Seattle) in it?

Singles is one of my wife's fav movies. I even made a second singles soundtrack mix for her using the songs from the movie that didn't make it on the official soundtrack.

04/06/04
01:00 am ET MTV Nirvana: Three Years... Forever Nirvana

[Edited by polksalad69]
April 5th, 2004 11:58 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

which doc..? argh! I forget the name - Hype (maybe)... Anyway I liked it - the Pearl Jam stuff was done during the Noise Pollution radio thang (at their studio), and they interview Kim and Matt from Soundgarden, along with Susan Silver (his manager to whom he was also married up through the time of his solo album)... Anyway, that is a great doc, even if it got blasted by alot of those involved... A clip of Watt's "Big Train" plays prominently for while at the end, which I thought was weird, because he is from down here...

Is that the one that had the Fastbacks and a one minute Supersuckers song? Was Watt on Sup Pop?
April 6th, 2004 12:49 AM
T&A Tonight it's:

Van Morrison - Down the Road (2002) - wonderful album
April 6th, 2004 01:13 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl What's Everyone Listening to Right Now?

Well, my neighbour shouting out loud "Turn it down... turn it down"
April 6th, 2004 02:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shit! Now is I'm calling THE POLICE! I did it! They'll be here... shortly
April 6th, 2004 05:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oh shit! the cops are here, let me bribe'em and I'll be back
April 6th, 2004 07:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm back and let me tell ya... the cops got in with good "material"
April 6th, 2004 08:53 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
PolkSalad wrote:

Is that the one that had the Fastbacks and a one minute Supersuckers song?

yes.

quote:
PolkSalad wrote:

Was Watt on Sup Pop?

I don't know.
Page: 1 2 3 4