ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Patti Smith at Hiro Ballroom (nsc) Return to archive
19th April 2007 04:22 PM
Saint Sway Patti performed there last night. And - surprsie - she brought Rich Robinson out to jam with her. Rich guested on Paul Simon's "Boy In The Bubble" and The Allman Brothers "Midnight Rider"

Hiro Ballroom has to be the coolest looking live venue in the city. Its all daped out with Asian lamps and tapestries. Kinda looks like a Crowes video.
19th April 2007 04:26 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Patti performed there last night. And - surprsie - she brought Rich Robinson out to jam with her. Rich guested on Paul Simon's "Boy In The Bubble" and The Allman Brothers "Midnight Rider"

Hiro Ballroom has to be the coolest looking live venue in the city. Its all daped out with Asian lamps and tapestries. Kinda looks like a Crowes video.

I could see Rich nailing Midnight Rider, sorta like the way he sounds great on "Boomer's Story". With an atmosphere like that, Hiro better have smelled like this place

19th April 2007 04:39 PM
Saint Sway thats an awesome shot Throwaway!! Thanks for postin it

I remember that night at Hammerstein when Ford wore the "Thank You" t-shirt and was pointing to his chest during the encores. He was really happy to be back then. Then...

where'd you get that shot? I was sitting that night in the 1st balcony right off the stage on Ford's side - which look like its right where the pic was taken from

as far as Hiro... its a swanky place. At the Maritime Hotel on 9th. Rich Robinson played a solo show there a few years ago and the place had the kind buds wafting thru the air that night. But nothing like that Crowes Hammerstein run!!
19th April 2007 05:25 PM
Throwaway Some guy I met at the Tower Theatre show back in Sept 05 told me about a site w/ some great shots..check it out
http://www.bigoliverfamily.com/BOF/BOFPictures.nsf/739d29af412b35c985256c220060fbab/6598895f7735c5b285256ffa006b9a6a?OpenDocument

heres another (sry for the large size)

[Edited by Throwaway]
20th April 2007 10:39 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

I could see Rich nailing Midnight Rider, sorta like the way he sounds great on "Boomer's Story".

its a natural one for him to play. The intro of Soul Singing always reminded me a bit of Midnight Rider. The verses too a little bit.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)