ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yay! I feel better already Return to archive
18th April 2007 03:46 PM
nankerphelge Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
Wednesday, April 18, 2007

By Charlene Laino

Cannabis may be bad for the lungs, but the active ingredient in marijuana may help combat lung cancer, new research suggests.

In lab and mouse studies, the compound, known as THC, cut lung tumor growth in half and helped prevent the cancer from spreading, says Anju Preet, PhD, a Harvard University researcher in Boston who tested the chemical.

While a lot more work needs to be done, "the results suggest THC has therapeutic potential," she tells WebMD.

Moreover, other early research suggests the cannabis compound could help fight brain, prostate, and skin cancers as well, Preet says.

The findings were presented at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research.

The finding builds on the recent discovery of the body's own cannabinoid system, Preet says. Known as endocannabinoids, the natural cannabinoids stimulate appetite and control pain and inflammation.

In the new study, the researchers first demonstrated that THC inhibited the growth and spread of cells from two different lung cancer cell lines and from patient lung tumors. Then, they injected THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells. After three weeks, tumors shrank by about 50 percent, compared with tumors in untreated mice.

Preet notes that animals injected with THC seem to get "high," showing signs of clumsiness and getting the munchies. "You would expect to see the same thing in humans, so if this work does pan out, getting the dose right is going to be all important," she says.

Paul B. Fisher, PhD, a professor of clinical pathology at Columbia University, says that though the work is "interesting," it's still very early.

"The issue with using a drug of this type becomes the window of concentration that will be effective. Can you physiologically achieve what you want without causing unwanted effects?" he tells WebMD.

18th April 2007 03:49 PM
Martha I'm feeling very uplifted!

Thanks Nanky!

Tea time anyone?

xxoo,
MM
18th April 2007 03:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Not surprising. Marijuana and/or hemp is good for alot of things. That's why they try to keep it away from you.
18th April 2007 03:51 PM
LadyJane Best news I've read in a long time.

Ahem...some of us.....have a teflon cancer shield in our bloodstreams.

Insert Joey's Tara Connor's "YES" photo.

LJ.
18th April 2007 03:56 PM
pdog should be legal, end of story.
18th April 2007 03:57 PM
GotToRollMe LOL...my sentiments exactly, LJ!

18th April 2007 03:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels A hemp shirt will out last a cotton shirt by twenty years... or more, Hemp fabric is virtually indestructible.
Adam & Eve could have had their clothes made of hemp instead of animal skins had they listened.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
18th April 2007 04:00 PM
pdog i smoked alot of shirts back in the day.
18th April 2007 04:03 PM
LadyJane My eyes are getting glassy just thinking about some of the fun I've had with most who have posted in this thread.

Sorry TTM. Ya gotta get to a summit.

LJ.

18th April 2007 04:05 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
My eyes are getting glassy just thinking about some of the fun I've had with most who have posted in this thread.

Sorry TTM. Ya gotta get to a summit.

LJ.

I don't think he leaves Maine, and I don't thin The Stones have ever played Maine, have they?
I ask, are there any US states w/o ever having had a Stones gig?
Pot smoking at Stones shows is not a crime!
18th April 2007 04:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
i smoked alot of shirts back in the day.

I prefered skirts to shirts myself. I smoked many a skirt in my day. The panties weren't so bad either.
18th April 2007 04:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I prefered skirts to shirts myself. I smoked many a skirt in my day. The panties weren't so bad either.

I have a fondness for putting my mouth on a womans delicate flower...
It's the best place on this planet...
18th April 2007 04:24 PM
nankerphelge http://soundamerica.com/soundamerica/sounds/play.cfm?tpath=/sounds/movies/S-T/Three_Amigos/flower.wav&tname=flower.wav
18th April 2007 04:42 PM
Joey " Cannabis may be bad for the lungs, but the active ingredient in marijuana may help combat lung cancer, new research suggests.

In lab and mouse studies, the compound, known as THC, cut lung tumor growth in half and helped prevent the cancer from spreading, says Anju Preet, PhD, a Harvard University researcher in Boston who tested the chemical.

While a lot more work needs to be done, "the results suggest THC has therapeutic potential," she tells WebMD. "

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey W. Lee " please , pass the biscuits pappy " O'Daniel !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)