ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Speaking of monkeys Return to archive
18th April 2007 02:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Tarzan chimp Cheetah celebrates 75th birthday
Apr 11 2007
icwales.co

CHEETAH, star of Tarzan movies in the 1930s and now considered to be the world’s oldest chimp, has just celebrated his 75th birthday in the US.

He marked the occasion at the primate sanctuary Creative Habitats and Enrichment for Endangered and Threatened Apes (CHEETA) in Palm Springs, California, by tucking into sugar-free cake and diet soft drinks.

His owner and trainer Dan Westfall said Cheetah was diagnosed with diabetes about seven years ago.

Cheetah was born in Liberia in 1932 and made his movie debut in 1934. He featured in about a dozen Tarzan movies and retired after starring in the 1967 film Dr Doolittle with Rex Harrison.

18th April 2007 02:40 PM
Saint Sway nappy headed ho?
18th April 2007 02:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels They say that Cheetah was actually quite relieved after Jane came along. At least until those times she shut Tarzan off.

18th April 2007 02:47 PM
monkey_man Happy Birthday Cheetah! I hope you get your gob knobbled!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
18th April 2007 02:57 PM
Starbuck a thread wishing happy birthday to a chimp. man, TTM, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. i hereby sentence you to 90 days in the hole with sunny.
18th April 2007 03:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
a thread wishing happy birthday to a chimp. man, TTM, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. i hereby sentence you to 90 days in the hole with sunny.

LOL. Yes The Worlds's oldest chimp, BTW. But it's really got more to do with the history of film/films. I'm surprised the animal is still alive. He's a living link to the past. An oddity for sure. I personally don't think it's scraping the bottom of the barrel at all. At least not for film buffs.
18th April 2007 03:27 PM
Starbuck "He's a living link to the past. "

ummmm...yeah. if one speaks monkey.

undoubtedly he is right now touring the lecture circuit expounding on how monkeys handled living in the dust bowl during the depression.
18th April 2007 03:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
undoubtedly he is right now touring the lecture circuit expounding on how monkeys handled living in the dust bowl during the depression.

I can see it now.... Cheetah & Voodoo giving a Stones lecture together in "The Tent"
18th April 2007 04:00 PM
pdog My little monkey turned 6 today...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)