ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones a member of Humble Pie? Return to archive
17th April 2007 10:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm reading a great book about Steve Marriott by John Hellier and Paolo Hewitt and it says that Brian Jones asked Steve Marriott to join the embrionic Humble Pie and Steve accepted the invitation, agreed Brian's offer to join' the band but a few days later he passed away.

"It was the press who dished out such tags and it was the press who remained blissfully unaware that Brian Jones had nearly joined the band"

Wow I can't imagine a band with Steve and Brian don't care about the other but Peter, Greg and Shirley it would be a real supergroup!
17th April 2007 10:25 PM
fireontheplatter dude.......

please stop making sense.
17th April 2007 10:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl David?
17th April 2007 10:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl John and Paolo are historians, not charlatans... trust me! This book and the authors have been acclaimed worldwide.

For me this is new... and I trust them
17th April 2007 11:01 PM
GhostofBrianJones Voodoo, I have read that too. I don't know when he was
asked or how long it was before he passed, but I thought
he was just talking about it. He also wanted Led Zepplin at
Rock and Roll Circus. I am glad you are enjoying the book,
sounds very interesting.
18th April 2007 03:45 AM
Brian Jones Girl Hmm... never heard that before...
18th April 2007 12:37 PM
Saint Sway Voodoo,

are you suggesting we dig up Brian's body to uncover the truth???

[Edited by Saint Sway]
18th April 2007 01:49 PM
Philip This rumour has been on the go for years. The fact Humble Pie released their debut single in July 1969 doesn't give the rumour much credibility imo.

Paolo Hewitt a historian? LOL! :-()

[Edited by Philip]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)