ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stewart Planning Extravagant June Wedding? Return to archive
17th April 2007 09:10 PM
Nellcote Doesn't sound like a lousy time, now really?

STINGY old man of rock ROD STEWART is dusting the moths off his wallet to splash out more than £1MILLION on his wedding day.

The crinkly crooner is notorious for giving Scots a bad name with his habit of handing out tiny tips.

But either fiancée PENNY LANCASTER has got hold of his credit card or Rod is so head over heels in love he has lost control of his senses.

I can reveal the pair are to tie the knot at the exclusive Portofino resort on the Italian Riviera in June and are flying all their guests over by private jet.

The actual location for the wedding is a closely guarded secret.

But it is thought it will be the exclusive Hotel Splendido, the hideaway where late actor RICHARD BURTON proposed the first time he married screen legend LIZ TAYLOR in the Sixties.

Happy couple ... Rod and Penny
Picture: DAVE HOGAN

After the ceremony lucky guests will be Sailing as they are whisked away to party on a luxury yacht away from prying eyes.

A friend let slip the wedding details before even Rod’s parents have been told what to expect.

The pal said: “It’s all been planned for June 16 in Portofino.

“They have hired a venue in the town and he is going to charter a couple of private jets to get his guests there.

“It is going to cost a small fortune but he wants it to be a memorable day.

“Some very famous names have been invited but they have been sworn to secrecy. It’s going to be quite a day.”

Guests on the preliminary list include ELTON JOHN, DAVID FURNISH, MICK JAGGER, comedian BILLY CONNOLLY and former soccer star KENNY DALGLISH.

PARIS HILTON — a close pal of Rod’s daughter KIMBERLY — is also said to have been invited, along with her sister NICKY.

Rod became a dad for the seventh time in November 2005, at the age of 60, when Penny gave birth to Alastair.

It must be Rod’s old age which is making the tightwad become more generous.

He was once rumoured to have made a 20-mile round trip back to an LA restaurant because he had been charged £4 for a bottle of mineral water that he had not ordered.

Rod was married to actress ALANA HAMILTON from 1979 to 1984.

Then, in 1990, he wed model Rachel Hunter. They divorced last year.

Let’s hope it’s third time lucky, eh Rod.

17th April 2007 10:32 PM
fireontheplatter wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
17th April 2007 11:14 PM
Mel Belli The triumph of hope over experience.
18th April 2007 12:06 AM
voodoopug This is the next logical step for the man that brought us all back to the roaring 20's with his recent albums
18th April 2007 01:41 AM
parmeda Don't go knocking ol' Rod, now...

Josh! ...*snap* *snap*
Quickly, honey...hunt me down some $$$ figures on his recent tour!
Programs ran for $40
T-Shirts, about $45-$60...yeah, a fucking T-shirt!
Tickets cost me 2 1/2 trips to the day-spa...

Surely, he can spring for another 100 guests at best!
18th April 2007 04:36 AM
Nellcote Great shots there Parmy, thanks.
How was his band?
18th April 2007 09:49 PM
parmeda Nelly...we all know Rod has always surrounded himself with beautiful woman. His band was not exempt to exploit his legecy!

The beautiful and most talented J'Anna Jacoby on Mandolin

....AND Fiddle

The incredibly haunting Katja Rieckermann and her Saxophone ...which btw took my husband 2 songs to figure out what she was actually playing! Damn fool was checking out the black laced corset...didn't realize she had this huge brass horn running up the entire front of her body, lol

...and yes, she played it effortlessly!

And we can't forget Robin Ruddy on Steel Guitar!

Robin also strums a Banjo...oddly enough, I didn't catch her playing it. Go figure!

The boys accompanying these fine ladies didn't do too bad themselves. Rod chose his pieces wisely, I believe
18th April 2007 10:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nice photos, Pammy!!!

You are very correct....It is important to choose your pieces wisely.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)