ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: another school shooting! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
18th April 2007 02:07 AM
marko In Usa,you have more killings and murders every year.
Theres more storms every year,to my eyes,your future doesnīt look very bright one,it also tells me a lot about
your society,whats going on there,and finally,it reflects
somehow to the rest of the world,economically speaking.
18th April 2007 02:40 AM
parmeda marko, this place is so out of line, more than you have observed...and more than I care to imagine.

I hope you are doing as well as can be expected these days. The ignorance of our society should be the least of your concerns, but I do understand your couriousity.

18th April 2007 03:39 AM
marko Because of the house we jut bought,my mind is elsewhere,
untill lawyer or my sister calls.I just packed my stones
cdīs.......what a bloody nightmare.
Ofcourse iīm interested of american society,because theres
many freinds+it does reflect to rest of the world.
18th April 2007 10:43 AM
glencar Sad event. This stuff doesn't just happen in America & the guy who did the shooting was a Korean import. People knew he was crazy & nothing was done. Is that the price we pray for living in a free society? Yes. My prayers go out to the victims & their families.
18th April 2007 11:10 AM
Fiji Joe Murders in America have been declining each of the last 5 or so years...so you'd be wrong on that account...And frankly, lectures from folks of other nations about "our" society puzzles me...deaths up?...OK..how bout those who condemn us give the US back the number of our people who died so that they could, two generations later, as their national pastime, criticize our society...What I see is the world taking great glee, giddy even, in America's perceived decline...but as you should all know, regardless of who it is, and who it was, the world has always had, and always will have, super powers who either directly or indirectly affect the lives of those in other nations...now...history show that this world has never had a super power more magnanimous and benevolent as it does now...One need only to look at the super powers that preceeded us to realize the truth of that statement...and one need only to look at who the next super powers will be to realize how well they have it now...the next super power will not be spending euros...so careful what you may be wishing for...long story short...friggin spare me the lectures about our society

Fiji

The Ugly American
18th April 2007 11:23 AM
Sir Stonesalot Feej...you need a new DBT gif in your sig.

Isbell is gone.

So...someone wanna tell me when we go kick South Korea's ass? We already got troops and tanks and planes there. What the hell are we waiting for?

Dude killed 32 people...including a Holocaust survivor. Payback is a bitch, right? And we owe them for inflicting that nasty Kimchi shit on us anyhow.

Let's turn that place into a parking lot! Who the fuck needs Chan Ho Park anyhow...

(the preceding was a joke, typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
18th April 2007 11:27 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Feej...you need a new DBT gif in your sig.

Isbell is gone.

So...someone wanna tell me when we go kick South Korea's ass? We already got troops and tanks and planes there. What the hell are we waiting for?

Dude killed 32 people...including a Holocaust survivor. Payback is a bitch, right? And we owe them for inflicting that nasty Kimchi shit on us anyhow.

Let's turn that place into a parking lot! Who the fuck needs Chan Ho Park anyhow...

(the preceding was a joke, typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Isbell is gone...developing...I was a fan...you know that...hell, I saved the man from a raging fire...you saw the pic

Bomb South Korea?...As good as dem' mutha friggin pizzas is?

18th April 2007 11:28 AM
Saint Sway this story is still front page news across the country

except for the NY Post... .they're running shots of Larry Burkhead and Anna Nicoles baby.
18th April 2007 02:22 PM
LadyJane The behavior of this kid had "PSYCHOPATH WAITING TO EXPLODE" written all over it.

Every time I check Yahoo it gets worse.

--Stalked female students.
--Thrown out of class after Prof threatens to quit
--Refused to speak to ANYONE.
--Wore sunglasses and hat ALL THE TIME, even when tutoring with English professor.
--Signed in as "?".
--Writings described as dark and violent.

WTF????

I'm so angry and frustrated by this.

LJ.

18th April 2007 02:46 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The behavior of this kid had "PSYCHOPATH WAITING TO EXPLODE" written all over it.

Every time I check Yahoo it gets worse.

--Stalked female students.
--Thrown out of class after Prof threatens to quit
--Refused to speak to ANYONE.
--Wore sunglasses and hat ALL THE TIME, even when tutoring with English professor.
--Signed in as "?".
--Writings described as dark and violent.

WTF????

I'm so angry and frustrated by this.

LJ.

I agree LJ...Absent living in a gestapo like state, however, none of those things, in "our society", would warrant locking the little nutso up or otherwise denying him due process...although if there were such a vote, he would have most certainly been elected most likely to kill a bunch of people...we're not at the point where we're going to lock up folks for being spooky...we most likely never will be...stuff like this is a consequence of one of the freest societies the world has ever seen...which is why I stress, celebrate the highs...and damn the lows...if, as a society, we're going to allow the freedom to succeed individually, then we must be prepared to accept the failure of the individual...carry on
18th April 2007 02:59 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this story is still front page news across the country

except for the NY Post... .they're running shots of Larry Burkhead and Anna Nicoles baby.

It was on the front page of the Post, along with Burkhead. At least the one I bought.
18th April 2007 03:13 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I agree LJ...Absent living in a gestapo like state, however, none of those things, in "our society", would warrant locking the little nutso up or otherwise denying him due process...although if there were such a vote, he would have most certainly been elected most likely to kill a bunch of people...we're not at the point where we're going to lock up folks for being spooky...we most likely never will be...stuff like this is a consequence of one of the freest societies the world has ever seen...which is why I stress, celebrate the highs...and damn the lows...if, as a society, we're going to allow the freedom to succeed individually, then we must be prepared to accept the failure of the individual...carry on

Well said, Feej.

I guess that's why I am so frustrated.

I see one of his female stalkers refused to press charges. Perhaps if she had, he wouldn't have been able to so freely purchase his guns.

I also want to know what the deal is with is Parents. What kind of home life did this whack job have???

Too many signs presented to too many people. Someone, SOMEWHERE, dropped the ball and/or stuck their heads in the sand, IMHFO, of course.

LJ.
18th April 2007 03:14 PM
gustavobala i just remember a music, maybe i can put it here?

well, about war? what war?

Highwire
Composers: Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
First release: single, March 1991
Recording date: January 1991
Recording location: Hit Factory Studios, London
Producers: Chris Kimsey & The Glimmer Twins Chief engineer: Mark Stent
Never performed onstage

Probable line-up:

Drums: Charlie Watts
Bass: Bill Wyman
Electric guitars: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards (incl. leads) & Ron Wood
Lead vocal: Mick Jagger
Background vocals: Mick Jagger & Bernard Fowler

We sell them missiles, we sell them tanks
We give them credit, you can call up the bank
It's just a business, you can pay us in cruise
You'll love these toys, just go play out your feuds

We've got no pride, don't know whose boots to lick
We act so greedy, make me sick, sick, sick

(So) Get up, stand up, out of my way (who's going to pay?)
I want to talk to the boss right away
Get up, stand up, who's going to pay? (out of my way)
I want to talk to the man right away

We walk the highwire
(We're) Sending the men to the front lines
And (We're) hoping they don't catch the hell fire
Of (With) hot guns and cold, cold nights

We walk the highwire
Sending the men to the front lines
We tell them to pop in the sunshine
With hot guns and cold, cold nights

All right

Our lives are threatened, our jobs at risk
Sometimes dictators need a slap on the wrist
Another Munich we just can't afford
We're going to send in the 82nd airborne

We walk the highwire
Putting the world on a deadline
And hoping we don't catch the shellfire
Of hot guns and cold, cold nights

We walk the highwire
Putting the world on a deadline
Catching the bite on prime time

Yeah

Get up, stand up

We walk the highwire
We're sending the men to the front lines
We're hoping that we back the right side

Ah yeah

We walk the highwire
Oh yeah

With hot guns and cold, cold, cold nights

TrackTalk

(I can mimic Keith's guitar playing style, including the 5-string open-G stuff.) I can't do it ALL maybe as well as him, but I can do a lot of it. Like on Highwire, I do it.

- Mick Jagger, 1994

It's not about the (Persian Gulf) war. It's about how it started.

- Mick Jagger, 1991

This is not about the war. It's about how you build up some shaky dictator (by selling him arms). You can't build them up, 'cause then you've got to slam them down.

- Keith Richards, 1991
18th April 2007 03:19 PM
Fiji Joe And speaking of warning signs...the above post screams for help

18th April 2007 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "When guns are outlawed, only The Party will have guns."

18th April 2007 03:26 PM
pdog I have used writing as a release, i've written many violent stories, that even disturbed me. There's no one thing here to really look at, this kid was fucked in the head every way possible. As much as we wish we could see a warning sign and prevent something like this, you can't. And even if we did, we would never know we prevented it anyway. It's like terrorism, you may prevent attacks, but most of the time, you may not have too many specifics to say, look we stopped A, B and C from happening.
18th April 2007 03:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG I usually keep my mouth shut...

I agree with Feej..this is part of what happens living in a free society, but..

What is so sad is that unfortunately situations like this will continue to happen.

This country has decided, for whatever reason, that it is not a priority to provide adequate treatment/facilities for our mentally ill, let alone adequate health care coverage for mental health related issues. To me that is the real problem.
18th April 2007 04:45 PM
tumbled United uzi sickos of america !
18th April 2007 05:07 PM
pdog holy shit, this guy mailed a package during the shootings...
18th April 2007 05:24 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I usually keep my mouth shut...

What is so sad is that unfortunately situations like this will continue to happen.

This country has decided, for whatever reason, that it is not a priority to provide adequate treatment/facilities for our mentally ill, let alone adequate health care coverage for mental health related issues. To me that is the real problem.

Rolling Stones message boards have been picking up the slack for years.
18th April 2007 05:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Posting has not only kept me from a killing spree, I've grown and become and productive member of society... the media only wants to focus on the bad stuff, my story is just not consumable... Every post I make is another life saved!
18th April 2007 05:50 PM
Dan
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I usually keep my mouth shut...

It's not just providing the coverage, it's getting people to take advantage of it. Someone with a such a mindset may see everyone as the problem rather than look inside.
18th April 2007 05:53 PM
pdog a picture is worth a thousand, ten thousand motels, copy and paste.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
18th April 2007 06:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The keyboard is mightier than the gun....
18th April 2007 09:49 PM
stonedinaustralia
Maxlugar wrote:

quote:
pdog wrote:

... Every post I make is another life saved!

Hilarious - i love this place
18th April 2007 10:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Dan wrote:

It's not just providing the coverage, it's getting people to take advantage of it. Someone with a such a mindset may see everyone as the problem rather than look inside.

Good call Dan...at least in this case...A lot of folks seem to have tried to help this guy...Clearly didn't want to be helped...And more than that...He seems to be the type who went out of his way to not be helped
19th April 2007 01:25 AM
sammy davis jr. Dude sounded like Napolean Dynamite during his rants.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)