ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: another school shooting! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
16th April 2007 01:37 PM
The Pretentious Poet "guns are fine!" says charlton as he fires one from the hip.
"you can't infringe my rights," he screams, and grabs another clip.
well that is just all well and good, but i ask: what's the cost?
are his rights more important than the 22 lives lost?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vt...ting/index.html
16th April 2007 01:41 PM
jigsawpuzzle My thoughts and prayers go out to those involved....Another dark day in U.S. History. Sad very Sad!
16th April 2007 01:50 PM
Riffhard The DLM has been all over the guns laws in this country but not one of these assholes has bothered asking the question about possible terrorism involvement. Outlawing guns will absolutely nothing to prevent these kinds of tragedies. It's so typical of the liberal press to immediately scream for more guns laws on the books. Yet the laws on the books now are not even being enforced! The fact is that very few of these events ever involve lawful gun owners. Gun laws will never stop this kind of tragedy. Hypothetically should the shooter turn out to be a radicalized Islamic jihadist do you think the media will concentrate on that aspect of the story or will they continue to slam gun owners? Huh,I'll go with the later Regis. Final answer.

Riffy
16th April 2007 01:55 PM
jb Prayers to victims and families. This is horrific...
16th April 2007 01:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The DLM has been all over the guns laws in this country but not one of these assholes has bothered asking the question about possible terrorism involvement. Outlawing guns will absolutely nothing to prevent these kinds of tragedies. It's so typical of the liberal press to immediately scream for more guns laws on the books. Yet the laws on the books now are not even being enforced! The fact is that very few of these events ever involve lawful gun owners. Gun laws will never stop this kind of tragedy. Hypothetically should the shooter turn out to be a radicalized Islamic jihadist do you think the media will concentrate on that aspect of the story or will they continue to slam gun owners? Huh,I'll go with the later Regis. Final answer.

Riffy

Anyone who is committed to this kind of act, obviously isn't concerned with laws... you could make a million laws about guns, if someone is determined or just crazy, you can't prevent this from happening. It sucks, if anyone knows a way to stop this from happening I'm all ears.
I don't have the full story, but it seems that this person shot a bunch of people, and then later shot more... WTF, someone didn't do their job?
I hope this isn't terror related b/c my biggest fear is our kids schools being targeted, like they have done in Israel.
16th April 2007 01:59 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Prayers to victims and families. This is horrific...

So true, and yet words like horrific seem innadequate.
16th April 2007 02:04 PM
Poplar
this shit has got to stop. and i wish that was as easy as "tougher gun laws" - but it's not.
sadly, we've become a lawless, violent society. it's so sad. another sorry day for america.
16th April 2007 02:11 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

Anyone who is committed to this kind of act, obviously isn't concerned with laws... you could make a million laws about guns, if someone is determined or just crazy, you can't prevent this from happening. It sucks, if anyone knows a way to stop this from happening I'm all ears.
I don't have the full story, but it seems that this person shot a bunch of people, and then later shot more... WTF, someone didn't do their job?
I hope this isn't terror related b/c my biggest fear is our kids schools being targeted, like they have done in Israel.

Spot on pdog. Laws have zero to do with this kind of event. So tragic. 25 are now confirmed dead! My shock is that the media is so tunnel visioned when it comes to the "story behind the story." They are asking everyone about gun laws. The first question at the White House presser this morning was, "Would tougher gun laws have prevented this tragedy?" WTF!!!! Yeah right. If the guy knew it was illegal to carry a gun he would not have murdered 25 people!!

Riffy
16th April 2007 02:12 PM
Riffhard 32 now confirmed dead.

Riffy
16th April 2007 02:21 PM
Mel Belli Unbelievable. Maybe now they'll stop talking about Imus.
16th April 2007 02:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wow.

I'm glad I don't work at the 911 Center in Blacksburg VA. I'm guessing those poor SOBs are frazzeled right now.

Can't legislate away "crazies" and "whackjobs". They eventually always turn up for their moment in the spotlight. I just wish they'd find a different way to get in that spotlight.
16th April 2007 02:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Spot on pdog. Laws have zero to do with this kind of event. So tragic. 25 are now confirmed dead! My shock is that the media is so tunnel visioned when it comes to the "story behind the story." They are asking everyone about gun laws. The first question at the White House presser this morning was, "Would tougher gun laws have prevented this tragedy?" WTF!!!! Yeah right. If the guy knew it was illegal to carry a gun he would not have murdered 25 people!!

Riffy

What we need is law abiding criminals... who will find ways to commit crimes, w/o breaking gun laws...
This is a tragic day.... How long until we find out that some song lyrics played a part in this...
16th April 2007 02:30 PM
Poplar
wtf is wrong with our country?
16th April 2007 02:32 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

wtf is wrong with our country?

too many crazy people...
16th April 2007 02:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know, they are now reporting that there was a 2 hour gap between the 2 different shooting sprees. The shooter made his way across campus for the second spree.

How the fuck does THAT happen?

SuperTroopers got some explainin' to do.
16th April 2007 03:14 PM
Scottfree
quote:
The Pretentious Poet wrote:
"guns are fine!" says charlton as he fires one from the hip.
"you can't infringe my rights," he screams, and grabs another clip.
well that is just all well and good, but i ask: what's the cost?
are his rights more important than the 22 lives lost?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vt...ting/index.html

Quite the contrary to what you're suggesting, if everyone was toting, this whackjob wouldn't have been alive to kill 31+ people....
16th April 2007 03:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You know, they are now reporting that there was a 2 hour gap between the 2 different shooting sprees. The shooter made his way across campus for the second spree.

I shut off the tube. I'd say up to 50 percent of what gets reported between now and the morning papers turns out to be bunk.
16th April 2007 03:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You know, they are now reporting that there was a 2 hour gap between the 2 different shooting sprees. The shooter made his way across campus for the second spree.

That's what i mentioned in my post above... somebody fucked up... Just a scary as the whackjob killing people, someone else didn't do their job.
16th April 2007 03:27 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's what i mentioned in my post above... somebody fucked up... Just a scary as the whackjob killing people, someone else didn't do their job.

Maybe security was among the first group of victims...?
16th April 2007 03:31 PM
tumbled there is a destructive tendency in human males, and a gun is a phallic symbol and shooting it is a release of stress
add to that the guy obviously had a lack of empathy and respect for other people (which is not innate, it is learned and to be taught to small children by their parents ) add to that unlike in other nations, we really don't have much community socialization as we used to, we communicate far and wide via the internet, not face to face, add to that the disintegration of community ties and family ties i.e., no eyes were observing this guy's escalation to insanity (checks and balances) and voila here we are! I think most people need people to people contact or else they go nutzo. The guy must have been schizo. And its really difficult to commit anyone to an institution. Its virtually impossible. Thank you ronald reagan.
16th April 2007 03:33 PM
monkey_man Perhaps we should wait for all the facts before we start fingerpointing. Just a thought.
16th April 2007 03:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Perhaps we should wait for all the facts before we start fingerpointing. Just a thought.

unfortunately its never too soon for someone at Rocks Off to turn a thread into a lengthy diatribe about their political bent
16th April 2007 03:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Maybe security was among the first group of victims...?

The first set of shootings was reported, so the word was out, just no one was protecting the rest of the school. They must've thought a person with a gun, killing people was an isolated event, no need to think they might shoot anyone else, that never happens...
I'm being sarcastic, but, we don't know what happened... it was chaos. 20/20 hindsight won't change anything.
16th April 2007 03:41 PM
Riffhard
quote:
tumbled wrote:
there is a destructive tendency in human males, and a gun is a phallic symbol and shooting it is a release of stress
add to that the guy obviously had a lack of empathy and respect for other people (which is not innate, it is learned and to be taught to small children by their parents ) add to that unlike in other nations, we really don't have much community socialization as we used to, we communicate far and wide via the internet, not face to face, add to that the disintegration of community ties and family ties i.e., no eyes were observing this guy's escalation to insanity (checks and balances) and voila here we are! I think most people need people to people contact or else they go nutzo. The guy must have been schizo. And its really difficult to commit anyone to an institution. Its virtually impossible. Thank you ronald reagan.

Huh this post was pretty good until the last line. What the hell is that all about?! Ronald Reagan?! Are you nuts?! Reagan had nothing to do with the break down of society! I could just as easily make the point that Playstation shooter games and Hollywood(hello Quinton Tarantino!)have gone out of their way to glamorize violence and that would be at least a little more believable than your inane rip on Reagan! Reagan if anything was very pro family!

This is well beyond politics! The guy was nuts and I doubt that Reagan had a god damned thing to do with that.

Riffy
16th April 2007 03:41 PM
pdog
quote:
tumbled wrote:
there is a destructive tendency in human males, and a gun is a phallic symbol and shooting it is a release of stress

I think we need to blame the founding fathers... 2nd ammendment is to blame.
16th April 2007 03:45 PM
Riffhard I can't wait to see who Rosie blames!

Riffy
16th April 2007 03:45 PM
Mel Belli This victim says shooter was in 20s, Asian:

16th April 2007 03:47 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

I think we need to blame the founding fathers... 2nd ammendment is to blame.

Damn them for not foreseeing an improvement on the musket!
16th April 2007 03:48 PM
pdog I say it is okay to use racial slurs towrds asians for the duration of this thread...
I bet he drove a goofy assed colored mazda car, with two oversized tail pipes, that's why he felt all small dicked nad innadequte and had to kill some girl who dissed him.
[Edited by pdog]
16th April 2007 03:49 PM
Starbuck
quote:
The guy was nuts and I doubt that Reagan had a god damned thing to do with that.

agreed riffy...reagan's alzheimer's set in, oh, bout 1985/86.

sway, i heartily endorse your new signature pic. that will totally get you laid.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)