ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: '81 Hampton Return to archive
16th April 2007 12:47 PM
jigsawpuzzle I received a dvd copy of '81 Hampton, Va. Keith's 38th B-Day concert and their last of the US leg shows, What a frigging great show! I've seen Let's Spend The... many times but this takes the cake!! Ironically, someone else received a copy the same day over on Keno's place.
Anyone else seen this yet? This well worth the money. I found it here

http://shop.vendio.com/raredvds/category/26/

http://shop.vendio.com/raredvds/page/0/25/?search_cmd=1&categ=26

I purchased a few and they were here very fast with great quality. I thought it was well worth it.
16th April 2007 01:16 PM
pdog LSTNT and Hampton are both great, and do you really need more for 81?
We are lucky to have both these great shows, I only have LSTNT on DVD, and a shitty VHS, but still awesome stuff.
16th April 2007 01:19 PM
mojoman love the part where the camera goes to the room where keef is before the show and he busts out laughing
16th April 2007 01:21 PM
ExileIzzy Hampton is the better of the two
16th April 2007 01:31 PM
jigsawpuzzle
quote:
mojoman wrote:
love the part where the camera goes to the room where keef is before the show and he busts out laughing

Me Too....Dammn he looks sick there. As well as Wood's wife. The goats and hens in backstage is priceless as well. That musta been one hell of a party tour!
16th April 2007 02:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jigsawpuzzle wrote:

Me Too....Dammn he looks sick there. As well as Wood's wife. The goats and hens in backstage is priceless as well. That musta been one hell of a party tour!

Ronnie was nearly fired that tour!
16th April 2007 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The movie and VHS are average ...the sound just isn't that good.
16th April 2007 02:33 PM
jigsawpuzzle
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Why is that? First I've heard of this. Did they already have someone in their minds for a replacement???
16th April 2007 02:41 PM
Bruno Maybe Mick wanted Eddie Van Halen in Ronnie´s place.
16th April 2007 03:57 PM
Jumping Jack The recent 4 Reels issue is the best of the bunch including the 24 bit Jointrip version IMHO.
16th April 2007 04:08 PM
Chuck I was AT that show, right up front, and I didn't think it was all that great.

It was a nice party, though.

16th April 2007 04:26 PM
jigsawpuzzle Just before Tumbling Dice there is a funny scene of Mick saying something along the lines of " Rude, Rude, Rude, Rude....wish I was Nude. As Keith brings out a bottle of booze from behind the drums. seems as if he was busted by Mick and it was an inside joke!! Can anyone else make out what Mick says....also as Mick toasts Keith for his B-Day?

I hope my dvd player lasts
16th April 2007 04:32 PM
marko They did 2 shows in Hampto,18th&19th of december.
Only the 1st one is on sbd,2nd is just usual 1981 aud
recording,but i think,that show was even better than the
first one!
16th April 2007 04:45 PM
fireontheplatter wonderful dvd
i listen to it often
great sound and clarity.....the stones in top form.
love it
16th April 2007 05:02 PM
Chuck It was a sloppy show.
16th April 2007 05:07 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Chuck wrote:
It was a sloppy show.

yeah....RIGHT
16th April 2007 06:45 PM
Chuck
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

yeah....RIGHT

I'm glad you agree.
17th April 2007 02:18 AM
jigsawpuzzle i thought it was teir best in a while....Even from '78 I must say!! as a stage performance and a musical standpoint!

Jagger is really on as well as richards. keith, can't be any better...( After 50 Shows Who Can't Be? ).Now I SEE HOW WOOD WAS ALMOST DROPPED after a third viewing. YES I DO!!! WAY TOO MUCH EAGER IN HIM IN'81!!!
17th April 2007 11:28 AM
BILL PERKS HAMPTON 81 IS IMO,THE DEFINITIVE STONES SHOW
17th April 2007 04:49 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
HAMPTON 81 IS IMO,THE DEFINITIVE STONES SHOW

I Agree Perks ...

Whenever I see/hear anything from the 1981 Tour I get that " The Party - has - just - started Feeling " -- Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me ...

.... and you ?!

J. " Please , Pass the Biscuits Pappy " O'Daniel !

17th April 2007 06:45 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

I Agree Perks ...

Whenever I see/hear anything from the 1981 Tour I get that " The Party - has - just - started Feeling " -- Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me ...

.... and you ?!

J. " Please , Pass the Biscuits Pappy " O'Daniel !

i do joey-I HEAR TAKE THE A TRAIN..IT'S MY RINGTONE
17th April 2007 06:54 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
HAMPTON 81 IS IMO,THE DEFINITIVE STONES SHOW

it is brillient...in sound a quality. way up there with 4 flicks.
i love it.
18th April 2007 02:09 AM
Kilroy I wanna to be there so bad, but had to play that night.
18th April 2007 08:20 AM
corgi37 It's a must have for any real fan. The backstage footage was priceless. Hope this gets a official release 1 day.
18th April 2007 08:23 AM
Chuck What makes a 'real' fan?
18th April 2007 11:29 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Chuck wrote:
What makes a 'real' fan?

you should be a sunkist and vodka drinker...and smoke marlboro reds.
18th April 2007 11:38 AM
Jumacfly Can someone clarify this Woody story??

TIA!
18th April 2007 05:58 PM
Soldatti 26 years (and counting) and this awesome show is still a bootleg, unbelievable.
18th April 2007 08:05 PM
Chuck
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
It's a must have for any real fan. The backstage footage was priceless. Hope this gets a official release 1 day.

What makes a 'real' fan? Please define it. I patiently await your response.
18th April 2007 08:18 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Can someone clarify this Woody story??

TIA!

George Thorogood was rumored to have been talked to and was rehearsing with the boys as a possible replacement due to Woody's excesses..I think he may have been considered but I think the rehearsal stories are bogus.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)