ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help me with the name of this song!!! Only Masters Return to archive
16th April 2007 10:09 AM
rottiegus Please i need help with the title of this song. The chorus says: Oh yeah, alright, doobie doobie doobie oobaaa..
No more clues. No more information. Do you know the title?????
[Edited by rottiegus]
16th April 2007 10:17 AM
buoscio Jagger solo=="Put Me in the Trash" from Wandering Spirit
16th April 2007 11:18 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
buoscio wrote:
Jagger solo=="Put Me in the Trash" from Wandering Spirit

Wow. Good call.
16th April 2007 11:20 AM
glencar 8 out of 10...
16th April 2007 11:21 AM
Scottfree "Baby can;t you see, I'm short on green"
16th April 2007 01:24 PM
gustavobala i like this tune!
16th April 2007 01:26 PM
Joey " Please i need help with the title of this song. The chorus says: Oh yeah, alright, doobie doobie doobie oobaaa..
No more clues. No more information. Do you know the title????? "

16th April 2007 02:29 PM
texile man, buoscio -
that was good.
i never would have caught it - and i love this song...
'i am your long-lost man....you don't recognize me'
another great solo jagger song that would have been more appreciated on a stones cd.
17th April 2007 01:37 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Wow. Good call.

Damn, I'll say!
Wandering Spirit could have been such a great Stones album.
17th April 2007 06:06 PM
texile
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Damn, I'll say!
Wandering Spirit could have been such a great Stones album.

i think of it as the last great stones album we'll never get.
those songs would be great live with the stones....
17th April 2007 09:13 PM
gotdablouse Yep, so much better than VL, by which time Mick was completely dried up, momentarily at least. WS was quite an ordeal though with Ahmet Ertegun apparently canning Mick's first two attempts...
17th April 2007 11:14 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
WS was quite an ordeal though with Ahmet Ertegun apparently canning Mick's first two attempts...

Really?
18th April 2007 12:30 AM
Lord Homosex I know I am late and it doesn't matter but I want to add to the applause for buoscio. I was still stuck on "Strangers in the Night" while he was already on "Wandering Spirit". Most excellent
18th April 2007 06:30 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Really?

Yes, this was disclosed by Philippe Manoeuvre in "Rock & Folk" in early 1993 when WS came out. You'll remember that WS was delayed a lot, in fact "Vanity Fair" had a long and nice article in March 1992 where they commented on the recording of "Don't Team me Up" with Matt Clifford, "Mick's musical aide de camp" in what looked like a "teaser" for the upcoming album. Then nothing, until the "Red Devils" sessions and the Rick Rubin project by which time Matt was gone, except for the harpsichord on "Angel in my Heart".

Interestingly enought Manoeuvre is also the one who disclosed Mick's "Hit Factory" sessions in late '93 for the overdubs on the outtakes for the Virgin rerelases.

Manoeuvre has been interviewing the Stones since...er...1976 at least !
18th April 2007 03:59 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Yes, this was disclosed by Philippe Manoeuvre in "Rock & Folk" in early 1993 when WS came out. You'll remember that WS was delayed a lot, in fact "Vanity Fair" had a long and nice article in March 1992 where they commented on the recording of "Don't Team me Up" with Matt Clifford, "Mick's musical aide de camp" in what looked like a "teaser" for the upcoming album. Then nothing, until the "Red Devils" sessions and the Rick Rubin project by which time Matt was gone, except for the harpsichord on "Angel in my Heart".

Interestingly enought Manoeuvre is also the one who disclosed Mick's "Hit Factory" sessions in late '93 for the overdubs on the outtakes for the Virgin rerelases.

Manoeuvre has been interviewing the Stones since...er...1976 at least !

Thanks! I remember the VF article and the "aide de camp" reference ... I wonder if the the Matt Clifford, version 1.0 "Wandering Spirit" was more like "Goddess In The Doorway." Too bad Mick went to Virgin, where Ahmet couldn't eighty-six that album...
18th April 2007 07:33 PM
texile
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Yep, so much better than VL, by which time Mick was completely dried up, momentarily at least.

i can listen to this cd and it's just like listening to old mick, unlike vl or btb - where his voice was becoming more and more mannered and his lyrics more lame.
keith can be such a prick that im willing to bet he never really listened to this cd.
i wonder if its some kind of agreement where the stones can NEVER do a jagger solo song....
i can think of several songs from this cd alone that would be amazing with the stones live.

out of focus
the above mentioned put me in the trash
wandering spirit
don't tear me up

what a shame.
18th April 2007 07:35 PM
texile ironically, jagger released the lamest song on the cd as a single,
sweet thing - that song was the exception for me.
it was weak and purely commercially-driven.
19th April 2007 06:26 PM
gotdablouse Actually I quite like that groove, and it's the last time Mick sang with the falsetto I believe, so it saves it.

@Mel - yes who knows what VL v1 sounded like. I wonder if Rick Rubin got in via Ahmet.
20th April 2007 05:19 AM
gotdablouse talking of SW -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0IhBYLnjg&mode=related&search=
20th April 2007 05:41 AM
Jumacfly WS is a masterpiece.yes.
my fav Stones album of the 90's,still better 15 years later.

Mick's voice at his best and one of the best ballad ever written: hang on to me tonight, among a collection of brilliant and perfectly produced songs.

VL sounds so cheap compared to WS...
20th April 2007 10:50 AM
Lord Homosex I wonder if one of Rubin's first moves was to get rid of Matt Clifford. Too bad that Jagger and Keith have their heads too far up their Glimmer asses to be able to work with a real producer anymore.
20th April 2007 11:20 AM
glencar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
WS is a masterpiece.yes.
my fav Stones album of the 90's,still better 15 years later.

Mick's voice at his best and one of the best ballad ever written: hang on to me tonight, among a collection of brilliant and perfectly produced songs.

VL sounds so cheap compared to WS...

I vastly prefer the 1st half of WS to the later songs. Hang On To Me Tonight nudges my eyes closed albeit slowly...
20th April 2007 11:30 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
texile wrote:

out of focus
the above mentioned put me in the trash
wandering spirit
don't tear me up

what a shame.

What about Wired All Night? That one rocks...
And Sweet Thing is indeed a sweet thing.
20th April 2007 02:36 PM
texile
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

What about Wired All Night?

yes! i couldn't remember the name of it!
jagger's has that great sneering spitting delivery that just kicks ass.....
i love that line about..
'the kinks and coils that are ruining(running?) my life..'
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)