ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ELVIS Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th April 2007 12:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
15th April 2007 12:39 PM
fireontheplatter elvis is awesome, but for some reason or another i do not own 1 of his cd's.
i would someday like to get the 1 greatest hits collection...that should just about do me.
15th April 2007 12:40 PM
gimmekeef Over rated country singer...King of Rock?...no way
15th April 2007 12:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Over rated country singer...King of Rock?...no way<

Dumb statement. Please reconsider. LOL.

If Helen was the face that launched a thousand ships then Elvis is the voice that launched a million rock n roll bands. It's the voice, noone, at least noone that has been recorded yet can sing like Elvis. His voice is the ultimate rock n roll instrument...Sinatra, who might have been close, had a great voice but he didn't sing rock n roll. Pity for him. Most rock n roll singers/frontmen don't have that great voices. (I'll leave Mick & Dylan has exceptions because their lyrics make up for a lot). Elvis will come out on the other side of history with Mozart and Beetoven. Dylan and Mick won't make it quite that far.

15th April 2007 12:57 PM
Bloozehound Last night I watched the 68 Elvis come back special dvd

hadn't seen it in years, Elvis was the shit
15th April 2007 12:58 PM
fireontheplatter sure, i believe elvis was the king back in the day. he was out there...all alone.
he ain't the king any more....but yes he was THE KING.
am i making any sense?

nevermind....carry on.
15th April 2007 12:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Over rated country singer...King of Rock?...no way

I got a feeling you grew up same time as me...Elvis crammed down our throats..My Mom and Dad singing his songs, dancing to Elvis, and the radio/TV loaded with his millions of performances..Let alone his crappy movies!!!

Today, I have come to appreciate him with many years distancing me from those early years...Give him another try, gimmekeef. You might be surprised, like I was!!
15th April 2007 01:02 PM
Bloozehound there ain't no room around here for a Guitar man

15th April 2007 01:18 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

...Elvis will come out on the other side of history with Mozart and Beetoven. Dylan and Mick won't make it quite that far.

I agree with ya on Elvis. He was untouchable. But Dylan is a whole 'nother thing. You can't compare the two. Dylan is a poet and songwriter, not a "lead singer" per se. I think he will "make it through" because, like Elvis, he's in a class by himself.
15th April 2007 01:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels And who could forget Scotty.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
15th April 2007 01:26 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I got a feeling you grew up same time as me...Elvis crammed down our throats..My Mom and Dad singing his songs, dancing to Elvis, and the radio/TV loaded with his millions of performances..Let alone his crappy movies!!!

Today, I have come to appreciate him with many years distancing me from those early years...Give him another try, gimmekeef. You might be surprised, like I was!!

Meg...your right...and I do like Elvis...at least the non Lounge Lizard version...But I just dont see him as King of Rock....Great singer..but more country than rock...Compared to Chuck Berry hes way down the road....
15th April 2007 01:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Or Sam.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
15th April 2007 01:29 PM
GotToRollMe Here's a nice one for ya, TTM:

15th April 2007 01:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Here's a nice one for ya, TTM:

The Mick n' the Keith... huh?
15th April 2007 01:33 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Here's a nice one for ya, TTM:

I think thats Scotty Moore his guitar player.I have an autographed copy of Scotty's All The Kings Men.....with Keith and Levon Helm doing Deuce & Quarter...A gem...Ronnie and Jeff Beck are on it too...
15th April 2007 01:35 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:

The Mick n' the Keith... huh?

LOL...Now that ya mention it...
15th April 2007 01:40 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

LOL...Now that ya mention it...

Wait..no that other guy is Mickey Mantle isnt he?
15th April 2007 01:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Or Roy.

15th April 2007 03:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Or Roy.

Now Roy was one of my "first" loves. I remember playing him on my little 45 record player and turning down to 78 so I could hear all the words..had to sing the song correctly ya know!!
15th April 2007 04:56 PM
Highwire Rob Elvis, do you approve of your appreciation thread?

Damn! Can't find that Flying Elvi clip from Honeymoon in Vegas but take a swig of this...

15th April 2007 05:32 PM
Bloozehound Tiny Elvis

15th April 2007 07:39 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Now Roy was one of my "first" loves. I remember playing him on my little 45 record player and turning down to 78 so I could hear all the words..had to sing the song correctly ya know!!

You mean turning it down to 16 don't ya? Gawd, now I really feel old...lol...
15th April 2007 07:51 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Wait..no that other guy is Mickey Mantle isnt he?

No dude, it's Whitey Ford!
15th April 2007 08:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You mean turning it down to 16 don't ya? Gawd, now I really feel old...lol...

Heck I don't remember..Just know it slowed it down to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rrrrreeeeeaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyy ssssssslllllooooowwwwwwww ssssssspppppeeeeeeeeedddddd ssssssoooo IIIIIIIIIII cccccccooooouuuulllldddddd ffffffffiiiiigggguuuurrrreeee ooouuuutttt wwwwwhhhhaaaaatttttt tttttthhhheeee hhhheeeeeccccckkkkk hhhheeee wwwwaaaasss ssssssaaaaayyyyyiiiinnnngggggggg.
15th April 2007 08:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG This is the damn song my Mom danced around the kitchen to....

15th April 2007 09:58 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Heck I don't remember..Just know it slowed it down to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rrrrreeeeeaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyy ssssssslllllooooowwwwwwww ssssssspppppeeeeeeeeedddddd ssssssoooo IIIIIIIIIII cccccccooooouuuulllldddddd ffffffffiiiiigggguuuurrrreeee ooouuuutttt wwwwwhhhhaaaaatttttt tttttthhhheeee hhhheeeeeccccckkkkk hhhheeee wwwwaaaasss ssssssaaaaayyyyyiiiinnnngggggggg.

LMAO...yep, that's it.
15th April 2007 10:05 PM
glencar I didn't know the genius of Elvis until I went to Graceland. He rocked. As much as Mozart or any of those other dwegs.
15th April 2007 10:10 PM
mojoman costello?
15th April 2007 11:02 PM
Throwaway Scotty's still (well as of kind of recently) doin' his thing!

16th April 2007 12:44 AM
MidnightRambler

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)