ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: $166 to see the ONLY true diva??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th April 2007 02:11 AM
TampabayStone Yes!!

The women who ruint me.

April 26th--Ruth Eckerd Hall
Sec ROW Seats
A CC 71-72

10th April 2007 08:09 AM
oldkr i thought you meant elton john...disappointed

OLDKR
10th April 2007 09:28 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
oldkr wrote:
i thought you meant elton john...disappointed

OLDKR

LOL, I'd go see Elton, but would prefer a freebie!

No there are WOMEN that are close, but there is only one. All others are really "B" team when it comes to this Goddess! I think it is shocking that Cher gets all that Grrrr and Ms. Ross' highest ticket price is a buck 25. I know JB loves share, but that just does not reconcile.

Beounce has a shot!!

She may need a Billy D to put her over the top...

10th April 2007 10:19 AM
jb There is no denying that Ms. Ross was the first true diva. Unfortunately, years of treating both the public and press like garbage resulted in her popularity going south. Her latest release has only sold 33k to date, and her apperance on Idol was notable as anyone could tell she was putting on a huge act , and couldn't stand being next to those kids. Sadly, her performance was not all that great either, and it looks like she has lost some range over the years.
10th April 2007 11:02 AM
Lord Homosex She fits in perfectly with that whole Jacko/Liza/Liz/Q crowd. She's comical in the way she must have clauses in her contracts that during her appearnces there have to be fans, low lighting, veils, vaseline etc.
Reminds me of Blanche DuBois.
To me Diana is ug, ug.
And I never did quite understand why the great opening sequence of the LIB DVD of JJF is marred by her appearing in the montage saying about Jagger " I like his music, but I don't like HIM".
10th April 2007 11:11 AM
jb
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
She fits in perfectly with that whole Jacko/Liza/Liz/Q crowd. She's comical in the way she must have clauses in her contracts that during her appearnces there have to be fans, low lighting, veils, vaseline etc.
Reminds me of Blanche DuBois.
To me Diana is ug, ug.
And I never did quite understand why the great opening sequence of the LIB DVD of JJF is marred by her appearing in the montage saying about Jagger " I like his music, but I don't like HIM".

What DVD are you referring to???
10th April 2007 11:14 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
jb wrote:
There is no denying that Ms. Ross was the first true diva. Unfortunately, years of treating both the public and press like garbage resulted in her popularity going south. Her latest release has only sold 33k to date, and her apperance on Idol was notable as anyone could tell she was putting on a huge act , and couldn't stand being next to those kids. Sadly, her performance was not all that great either, and it looks like she has lost some range over the years.

I'm glad you chimed in and do see your points. I don't think she has lost that much range. I saw her recently on that interview show on A&E; she sounded and looked great. Seems shes got her crap together. She needs to cater to the gay industry abit more...
10th April 2007 11:30 AM
jb She was, at one time, arguably the greatest female entertainer in the world. Too much bad press, and a real career slump from the mid 80's to date. Her work with the Supremes made Motown, yet, she has stated she wants nothing to do with "DreamGirls", ostensibly about her. I thought the Idol move was a good idea as she needs to jump start her career. A few years ago she went on tour, but had to cancel many dates b/c of low attendance. Hopefully she picked smaller venues in areas that can support her show,
10th April 2007 11:33 AM
Philip
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Beounce has a shot!!

Jeezus, that's a shot!!!
10th April 2007 11:37 AM
TampabayStone For those who don't troll in the Brian threads.

Pics originally posted by Stewed & Keefed.

10th April 2007 11:40 AM
jb Did they appear together on one of those English music shows in the 60's?
10th April 2007 02:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
i thought you meant elton john...disappointed

OLDKR

Not bad, good to see you again. Please let me know how Mozart is doing!
10th April 2007 02:24 PM
Saint Sway not only was she the original diva, but some might also consider her to be one of the music industries original nappy-headed ho's

a true pioneer

10th April 2007 03:14 PM
pdog Diana Ross scares the shit out of me. i show pictures of her to my kids when they are bad!
10th April 2007 03:21 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
Diana Ross scares the shit out of me. i show pictures of her to my kids when they are bad!

She use to be quite attractive in the early 70's...I use to love that song "Touch me in the morning"...
10th April 2007 03:32 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

She use to be quite attractive in the early 70's...I use to love that song "Touch me in the morning"...

This post scares me...
10th April 2007 08:22 PM
oldkr I am sure that is little richard with brian...

OLDKR
10th April 2007 08:42 PM
texile that DIANA album cover is gorgeous.
she is the ultimate diva - on stage and in life.
not always likeable, but the lady is fierce.
i love that antedote where, during a motown tour in the mid-60s, she started yelling at some redneck in a southern diner after he made racists remarks.
people had to pull her off the guy...
that's great.
and i don't about that jagger comment - seems out of context and out of character.
she used to have an original warhol jagger in her home in the late 70s and they've crossed paths many times..
one of my first favorite jagger photos of jagger and miss ross sitting together at a tennis match in 1980.
i agree, she never had alot of range - and mary wilson was a jealous, vindictive bitch - but she is incomparable.
11th April 2007 02:44 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
oldkr wrote:
I am sure that is little richard with brian...

OLDKR

Ah Oldy, you break this old heart of mine.

11th April 2007 02:46 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
texile wrote:
that DIANA album cover is gorgeous.
she is the ultimate diva - on stage and in life.
not always likeable, but the lady is fierce.
i love that antedote where, during a motown tour in the mid-60s, she started yelling at some redneck in a southern diner after he made racists remarks.
people had to pull her off the guy...
that's great.
and i don't about that jagger comment - seems out of context and out of character.
she used to have an original warhol jagger in her home in the late 70s and they've crossed paths many times..
one of my first favorite jagger photos of jagger and miss ross sitting together at a tennis match in 1980.
i agree, she never had alot of range - and mary wilson was a jealous, vindictive bitch - but she is incomparable.

Best post since at least March 2006!!!!
11th April 2007 03:38 AM
parmeda TBS...I'm going this Saturday to see Diana.

I must warn you - be prepared to see 8-10 costume changes, at best. Anything less would surprise me. However, she does have a way about doing it almost right on stage in front of god and everyone. Kinda amazing.

I look forward to hearing your take on your show.
11th April 2007 12:54 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
TBS...I'm going this Saturday to see Diana.

I must warn you - be prepared to see 8-10 costume changes, at best. Anything less would surprise me. However, she does have a way about doing it almost right on stage in front of god and everyone. Kinda amazing.

I am guessing this was a birthday present? I hope you enjoy.
11th April 2007 02:53 PM
texile people see the bitchiness, gleem and the furs,
but this woman was a scrappy girl from the detroit projects.....
and alot of that attitude comes from that.
and she gave the best performance in film by a musical performer....
jagger, sting, tina turner, who else?
no singer/'actor' has come close to lady sings the blues.
my favorite vocal was someday we'll be together -

the story is that diana was depressed and not in the mood to record this song...
and the guy you hear on the record was actually in the recording booth with her trying to boost her spirits, cheering her on,
and they left it in.
as a result, it sounds unforced and sexy.

they left it in.

11th April 2007 02:55 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
people see the bitchiness, gleem and the furs,
but this woman was a scrappy girl from the detroit projects.....
and alot of that attitude comes from that.
and she gave the best performance in film by a musical performer....
jagger, sting, tina turner, who else?
no singer/'actor' has come close to lady sings the blues.
my favorite vocal was someday we'll be together -

the story is that diana was depressed and not in the mood to record this song...
and the guy you hear on the record was actually in the recording booth with her trying to boost her spirits, cheering her on,
and they left it in.
as a result, it sounds unforced and sexy.

they left it in.

Agreed..she was a unsurpassd talent. sadly, she faded in the late 80's, and is having a tough time coming back.
11th April 2007 03:04 PM
texile true jb,
i saw a glimpse of her on the view - and her voice is weaker, the performance stiff.
i saw her in a tv movie with brandi a few years ago and she was good...
she still had that grittiness-underneath-the-sheen quality....she could have gone further in film if it hadn't been for her pimp-daddy relationship with berry gordy - who maintained complete, tyrannical artistic control in the 70s when she should have made more films after lady...
i don't know what she can do now,
her film opporunities are behind her.
11th April 2007 03:05 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
true jb,
i saw a glimpse of her on the view - and her voice is weaker, the performance stiff.
i saw her in a tv movie with brandi a few years ago and she was good...
she still had that grittiness-underneath-the-sheen quality....she could have gone further in film if it hadn't been for her pimp-daddy relationship with berry gordy - who maintained complete, tyrannical artistic control in the 70s when she should have made more films after lady...
i don't know what she can do now,
her film opporunities are behind her.

She went on Idol to promote the tour and album....she came across very well, albeit the performance was a bit shaky.
11th April 2007 07:57 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
parmeda wrote:
TBS...I'm going this Saturday to see Diana.

Yours as well Parmy! I would be disapointed if there was not atleast 8 changes.
11th April 2007 08:38 PM
mrhipfl you know, Michael Jackson looks a lot like her...
11th April 2007 08:41 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Yes!!

The women who ruint me.

12th April 2007 12:07 PM
jb I like that song "Upside Down"........
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)