ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Uri Geller
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Humiliated by Tuckpointing (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th April 2006 04:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

it becomes more and more obvious every day that it was your sole decision to attend this concert.

I even now have doubts that your wife even attended.

Sadly, you are unable to see the joy that I bring to others (specifically my family) by providing them with a life even I did not think was possible.

You must not attempt to create confusion as to whose call it was to attend any such event. Keep in mind, I purchase dugout boxes for a few cubs games per year and I hate them more than U2. One day when you find moderate success, you may be able to do this for your family once or twice every couple of years. (obviously not at the rate jb and I can do it, but still commendable). The smile it puts on their faces will be worth all the sacrifice. Keep at it.

While I respect the Black Crowes, you should attempt to follow the business model of the Stones. Sadly, Mr. Robinson still had to marry into money and it his image is that of a over medicated Jefferson Airplane fan. They cater to their core fan base, but shall never be able to cross the $100 ticket price tag or sell out major facilities without the help of established acts (see: Tom Petty).
18th April 2006 04:22 PM
Saint Sway Thanks for your .02 Pug, but, just as I have no interest in attending U2 concerts, the Crowes have no interest in becoming U2.

I also find your eagerness to hob-knob with U2 fans repulsive.

18th April 2006 04:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Thanks for your .02 Pug, but, just as I have no interest in attending U2 concerts, the Crowes have no interest in becoming U2.

I also find your eagerness to hob-knob with U2 fans repulsive.

In my business, I must network all the time. I cannot earn six figures any other way! The Crowes will be able to do well in their niche, but ultimately are leaving millions of dollars on the table.

Pearl Jam is a better example, they fought for what they beleived in 1995 with Ticketmaster, and now still provide fine entertainment and new music catered towards their fans and sell very well on their tours every 3 years or so. They keep their integrity, yet maintain excellent income.

They have decided to keep ticket prices low, this means keeping the theatrics to a non existant level aside from a strobe light or two, as well as playing long shows with ever changing setlists to "keep 'em coming back for more". Their economic plan is sound.

Your welcome for the input...you must realize, I truly am here to help and you can learn a lot from the success stories here (jb, glencar, myself, break the spell, etc) In our perfect world, all fans on this site have the means and ability to attend multiple shows. This will increase the bands revenue (no papering) and give us a better case for better setlists. Remember: We are here to help.
18th April 2006 05:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

In my business, I must network all the time. I cannot earn six figures any other way! The Crowes will be able to do well in their niche, but ultimately are leaving millions of dollars on the table.

they've made millions already. They could make more, but honestly dont care. The music motivates them. Doing what it takes to be an arena band does not.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Pearl Jam is a better example, they fought for what they beleived in 1995 with Ticketmaster, and now still provide fine entertainment and new music catered towards their fans and sell very well on their tours every 3 years or so. They keep their integrity, yet maintain excellent income.

Did you ever hear of Taller Fan Club? The Crowes have always fought for their fans. MSG for years was notorious for being corrupt and providing prime tix to scalpers b4 fans could ever get a crack at them. The Crowes caught wind of this, fought MSG and got the tix back from the scalpers and into their fans hands. They put the leader of this op in jail. He's not coming out anytime soon.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:

They have decided to keep ticket prices low, this means keeping the theatrics to a non existant level aside from a strobe light or two, as well as playing long shows with ever changing setlists to "keep 'em coming back for more". Their economic plan is sound.

Who do you think Pearl Jam copied this "plan" from??? Crowes were touring this way back when Eddie & Co were still pretending to wear flannel bc the grudge scene was "in".

quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Your welcome for the input...you must realize, I truly am here to help and you can learn a lot from the success stories here (jb, glencar, myself, break the spell, etc) In our perfect world, all fans on this site have the means and ability to attend multiple shows. This will increase the bands revenue (no papering) and give us a better case for better setlists. Remember: We are here to help.

I attended 9 Stones shows this tour. All floor seats. Been attending every Stones tour this way since 89. Thats long before you ever came around here with your "success" stories....

you're a strange fella Pug. Your ticket sales obsessions are bizarre. Your humiliation stories are beyond odd. You seem passionate about music, even thouhg your elementary musical knowledge is limited to Stones, U2 and Pearl Jam. Despite all this, I still think your an OK guy with basically good intentions (aside from the weird obsessive stuff - see: Jake Cohl, ticket sales, Bono, greeting lists, humiliation stories...). I do detect a thawing coming on.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
18th April 2006 05:20 PM
voodoopug I do commend what they did with the MSG tickets...sadly, it still didnt fill the arena, but it was a good thing for their fans.

I had you pegged for much younger than what you seem to be. Are you in your mid thirties then?

You must understand, as a businessman, it is financial aspects that interest me in a Stones tour. (jb is also a business man, although it took him many more years to establish a six figure income than it did me!). This is much the same that:\

1. A musician will care about the instruments used/effects used, performance quality, etc (This also is an interest to me).

2. A hardened street thug will care about how many times the performer was shot (see Fifty Cents).

3. An American Idol fan will care about texting their vote for Clay AIken whether or not he has "it" or not.

etc.

We are here to help (make dreams come true) and shall continue to do so regardless of how many truly hate us.

I sense a partially thawing, and hope to see it continue.
18th April 2006 05:36 PM
lotsajizz jeez...should Kissinger be flying back and forth between you guys?
18th April 2006 05:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
jeez...should Kissinger be flying back and forth between you guys?

I do suspect there would have to be some type of mediation occurring between us as there seems to be some true dislike, but I don't think Kissinger is necessary.
18th April 2006 05:47 PM
Saint Sway I prefer medication over mediation.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I had you pegged for much younger than what you seem to be. Are you in your mid thirties then?

You must understand, as a businessman, it is financial aspects that interest me in a Stones tour.

1. yes I am in my mid thirties.
2. the biz stuff is where we disagree. I love the Stones but the Stones biz aspects do not interest me. They only repulse me. They rape their true fans. They have the power to change the industry for the better but are only interested in further padding their wallets. Their are less powerful bands that have taken a hands on approach to take care of the fans that support them. Thats cool. The shit the Stones do is not. Fawning over it is gross.
18th April 2006 06:09 PM
glencar "Rape" is a pretty odd term. Yes, there's a slight rip-off but those of us who actually love the Stones are willing to put up with it. When it gets old hat(see: rumored fall tour) some of will pull up stakes. We will not however waste .02 on Crow shows. BORING!
18th April 2006 11:03 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I do suspect there would have to be some type of mediation occurring between us as there seems to be some true dislike, but I don't think Kissinger is necessary.

-I'll get between you two - but only if you're gentle!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)