ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Uri Geller
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Burke In A Country Mood On New Album (NSC) Return to archive
17th April 2006 11:43 AM
justinkurian I know there are a few Solomon Burke fans here...I'll be interested to hear how this sounds.
---------------------------------------------------------
Burke In A Country Mood On New Album

April 17, 2006, 10:50 AM ET
Katie Hasty, N.Y.

Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, Gillian Welch and Patty Griffin have contributed to Solomon Burke's upcoming album, his first full-length country effort. The as-yet untitled set is due September 26 via Shout! Factory.

The veteran soul artist teamed with producer Buddy Miller to record 16 tracks at Miller's Nashville home, 12 of which will make the final cut.

"I've always wanted to do a country album, even since the '60s, so this is kind of like turning back the hands of time," Burke tells Billboard.com "I didn't want to do a record like this in L.A., I wanted to come [to Nashville] and find the real deal."

While the disc will touch on some traditional country covers, there will be "a few" originals, including a track penned by Welch.

"I feel like I've been at the university of country music," Burke says. "I'm just so proud and so grateful for what we've done here and all the guests helping out have been so good to me. This is the most exciting thing I've done in the 51-year history of my career."

Burke hopes both the medium and message will reach out to new listeners as well as his existing fanbase. "We're in the middle of wars. We go through hurricanes and the minds of our country's leadership have to be turned around," he says. "It's time we face a new life and new time, to understand the precious moments of love and tenderness. We're losing our world and I've got a message. Plus, it's just plain fun."

Burke plans on incorporating more country songs into his live shows, which often feature as many as 14 musicians on stage. "We're going to back the horns down a bit, maybe do a little square dancing," he jokes.
17th April 2006 12:11 PM
Gazza sounds interesting, thanks

His last album was pretty good!
17th April 2006 12:29 PM
Nellcote Burke is the real deal.
It's such a kick to see artists become re-established.
I'm worried for his want to two-step however, as in Mr. Burke's case, this could lead to quite an injury.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)