ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Uri Geller
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody know this photo? Return to archive
17th April 2006 09:45 AM
Dick Bush

Ran across it while looking for something else...

Thanks!

17th April 2006 09:46 AM
speedfreakjive must be in 68'/69'
17th April 2006 09:53 AM
corgi37 Sure is. 1968. It's also used as a cover for one of the 80,000 books written about the band. Note Wyman's t-shirt. He must have worn that one about a million times.

Am i wrong, or is that pic from a single?
17th April 2006 10:00 AM
FPM C10 It was in the very first issue of Hit Parader I ever bought, in early '69. You can tell by the extreme length of Mick & Keith's hair (and Mick's dye job) that it's from sometime after R&R Circus and Performance. Brian looks awful. It's got to be one of the last publicity shots with him in it. Also the gayest pose ever!

Bill wore that same stupid shirt at the Hyde Park photo shoot where they introduced Mick Taylor.
17th April 2006 10:25 AM
M.O.W.A.T. FPM,

Is that Bob Ross in your avatar? or is it a demented Chuck?
17th April 2006 10:25 AM
gustavobala isn´t dec 68 - rock and roll circus?
17th April 2006 01:50 PM
JuanTCB I don't have my vinyl handy right now, but isn't that similar to what they were wearing on the Through The Past Darkly sleeve?

I believe that session was sometime around April/May '69.

Regardless, Mick, Keith, & Charlie's hair seems much longer here than in R&R Circus, so I'd say this pic is at least 2-3 months later.

Anybody have any other pics of Brian in '69?
17th April 2006 02:28 PM
Highwire Rob Their success certainly shows in their footwear! LOL!

Aren't those Brian's snakeskin boots that the Hard Rock Café displays? They're listed as #7 on the Café's Top Ten Items of Memorabilia:

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/c...mo.aspx?lc=KEYW

quote:
Two "thank you" letters with accompanying envelopes from Brian Jones, his snakeskin boots, a vest worn and signed by Keith Richards during a 1970's tour, and a guitar played by Ron Wood.

I'm guessing that's not, however, Keith's same vest shown in the pic.
17th April 2006 02:38 PM
Water Dragon Check out my avatar - taken by a fan who went to see him, of Brian, in May 1969!
17th April 2006 06:51 PM
Dead_Flowers [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Also the gayest pose ever!

Mick does look a bit gay there
17th April 2006 07:00 PM
lotsajizz what's Watts holding?

17th April 2006 07:09 PM
Water Dragon They are all holding hands with one another - you know, love and peace and all that rot!

Cheers!
17th April 2006 07:10 PM
Dead_Flowers [quote]lotsajizz wrote:
what's Watts holding?

I think it's part of Brian Jones Sleeve

17th April 2006 10:10 PM
kmc when the decca records released THROUGH THE PAST DARKLY they put out an excellent promo booklet of excellent colored pictures at the same time. i sent to england for the lp and the booklet came back with it. i believe that is one of the pics included.
18th April 2006 12:49 AM
Brainbell Jangler Wasn't Wyman wearing that t-shirt on the poster that came with "Let It Bleed"?
18th April 2006 12:53 AM
glencar Wow, that's Brian at his worst!
18th April 2006 04:31 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, that's Brian at his worst!

It is their jolliest photo ever, everybody having good time there, and I firstly thought all that unposed smiling & teasing was caused by some cute chick - however, that's not true!!

The shooter requested them to hold their hands ("and only Mick was not embarrassed"), that being too funny even for the real symbols of personal freedom. It is an Rolleiflex F2,8 shot with its typical perspective distortion, making the sexy sexless frontman to apear bulkier than Charlie, who is actually the only musky guy there. I especially like Keef's wacky expression, "feeling so good between his right and left hands." It is a shot depicting the moment of their definitive conquering of the top. Shaded only with Brian's personal tragedy.

I liked this shot as kid and was very enthusiasted after "rediscovering" it. And I would be very obliged if somebody would link a better scan of it.

18th April 2006 07:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man If I'm not mistaken, it's from the Through The Past Darkly photo shoot, which was the VERY LAST set of photos of Brian with the Stones. I'm thinking February or March '69. In one book it gives an exact date.
18th April 2006 07:24 AM
Navin I hate to see the Stones smiling, even if these kind of pictures are rare...the Stones look their best and in their element trying to look raunch, Wyman deadpan, and Charlie looking away or feeling most out of place.
18th April 2006 10:13 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Dead_Flowers wrote:
[quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Also the gayest pose ever!

i agree
18th April 2006 10:13 AM
gustavobala
quote:
glencar wrote:

i agree too!
18th April 2006 11:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:

I don't agree. I think he looks pretty damn cool with those snakeskin boots. There are a few other photos of him from the same session. I like the one featured in the A Life On The Road book which is him sitting down trying to blow up a balloon
18th April 2006 02:11 PM
Lord Homosex This was the shot that was used on the back of the Vinyl LP of "Stone Age". Underneath the picture on the LP was the disclaimer by the Stones, about them not being involved in the making of the album and/or the lousy artwork of the front cover. Which was a poor man's ripoff of Beggar's Banquet. In those days the original BB had hardly ever even been seen.
I always thought that Jagger looked very obnoxious with that fat grin and that tanktop. BJ looks ready to die. And Keith has some very pressed pants.
18th April 2006 02:13 PM
Lord Homosex It does look like Charlie just whipped out his tool and is shaking it at the photogarpher. LOL
18th April 2006 03:52 PM
voodoopug i checked my "Stone Age" LP and that is where I have seen the pic before.
19th April 2006 04:02 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
This was the shot that was used on the back of the Vinyl LP of "Stone Age". Underneath the picture on the LP was the disclaimer by the Stones, about them not being involved in the making of the album and/or the lousy artwork of the front cover. Which was a poor man's ripoff of Beggar's Banquet. In those days the original BB had hardly ever even been seen.
I always thought that Jagger looked very obnoxious with that fat grin and that tanktop. BJ looks ready to die. And Keith has some very pressed pants.

Buddy you must be looking on them from another perspective... No wonder you remember THAT picha that good

Many thanx my man!
19th April 2006 09:31 AM
corgi37 It's on the cover of an old Stones book i had somewhere. Crappily written book from mid 70's.

Wyman sure got his moneys worth with that t-shirt! Like he did with that light blue suit in 81-82.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)