ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Uri Geller
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eagles Of Death Metal Return to archive
16th April 2006 07:09 PM
The Eggman Has anyone heard of this band yet? Seems to put the fun back in rock and roll. Saw them on Jay Leno last week, played a pretty fun song, while they had Josh Homme of QOTSA playing drums. If anything worth it to pay to see these guys have fun on stage. My brother told me a funny story about one time they were in town here, where the singer/guitarist would break mid-set, have a shot, then ask a female audience member to balance that shot glass on his penis, while he tried to play the solo from FREEBIRD.

Ladies and Gentlemen, That's Rock and Roll.

PS: they tour with strippers

16th April 2006 07:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot The new EODM is almost exactly the same as the first one.

EODM is a one trick pony.

I passed on them to go see the Supersuckers instead.
16th April 2006 07:55 PM
The Eggman I dunno, I can't balance a shot glass on my penis, believe me, and play Freebird...I've tried....lol

Can you?

[Edited by The Eggman]
16th April 2006 10:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I can't play the Freebird solo regardless....not that I'd actually WANT to.

Honestly...I doubt that Jesse "The Devil" Hughes could play that solo properly either....shot glass balanced on his cock or not. He's not that good of a guitar player. He is, however, good enough for what is needed in the EODM.

I don't dislike EODM. I did buy both of their albums afterall....I wouldn't do that if they didn't interest me a little. But the second album sounds just like the first one...so they are starting to bore me a little musically.

Parlor tricks and strippers are always fun...but any really GOOD band of merit wouldn't have to resort to such distractions to get themselves over.
17th April 2006 12:03 AM
The Eggman Well I don't own either one of those albums, nor would i want to, just that on a friday night, seeing a fun rock show is something that can be taken as lightly as it is. A friday night rock band...that so happens to be world-wide. Believe you me, To put these guys up there is a joke...

Egger.
17th April 2006 02:35 AM
PolkSalad
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I passed on them to go see the Supersuckers instead.

\m/
17th April 2006 06:51 AM
Break The Spell I saw them with The Hellacopters, pretty good live show.
17th April 2006 12:22 PM
nanatod Eggman, the Eagles of Death Metal are a side project of Josh Homme when he is not touring with his main band, Queens of the Stone Age.

Prior to QOTSA, Homme was in the groundbreaking metal band, Kyuss, which broke up around 1996. Kyuss's frontman, John Garcia, formed Slo-burn, which played the second stage at Ozzfest in 1997. Garcia has not received much, if any press, since then, but at a December, 2005 QOTSA show in LA, Homme BROUGHT ON GARCIA FOR THE ENCORE, and they did 3 Kyuss songs!!

I'm not seeing QOTSA this year until they play Lollapalooza; it would be really great if Perry Farrell could convince his fellow LA traveler Garcia to play with QOTSA for the festival.
[Edited by nanatod]
17th April 2006 12:55 PM
Dan Eagles Of Death Metal covered Brown Sugar at Sunset Junction last year with the Suicide Girls (?) on stage.

Saw Kyuss with Babes And Toyland and Faith No More once, dont really remember it. QOTSA was pretty decent at the Forum last month.
17th April 2006 01:02 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Dan wrote:
Saw Kyuss with Babes And Toyland and Faith No More once, dont really remember it.

Babes In Toyland were incredible live, I saw them once with L7. Too bad neither band is around anymore, I love when watching chicks rock out on stage.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)