ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Uri Geller
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie to stop touring after Dec.2006 Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th April 2006 01:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not even Omaha's Qwest Center!

LOL
16th April 2006 01:41 PM
Angiegirl Oh, just saw air fares Amsterdam-Honululu, they're over 2 times as expensive as Amsterdam-NYC, so MSG it is!
16th April 2006 07:13 PM
Honky Tonk Man [quote]Angiegirl wrote:
I already saw 2 shows at MSG, in January '98

Was it at one of these gigs where you were seated behind the Spice Girls? Wow, what a show1

16th April 2006 08:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Was it at one of these gigs where you were seated behind the Spice Girls? Wow, what a show1

Yeah

Oh, and excuuuuuse me: they were seated behind ME!!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
16th April 2006 09:14 PM
gotdablouse Actually I think this is good news, these mega tours were becoming ridiculous at all levels. In fact, after seeing them back to back at PacBell in SanFran 2002 and the Arena in Oakland I pretty much decided I wouldn't bother for a stadium show again.

Hopefully the Stones can now offload their "organization" that was likely a big pressure for them to go out on the road and make money for all involved (while you never have enough and you can't turn down $20 million, I very much doubt the 3 main guys were doing this for the money at all) and focus on the reason they started this 45 years ago, the MUSIC !
16th April 2006 09:39 PM
iluvmickjagger07 but we love you charlie. dont stop now.
16th April 2006 10:17 PM
gorda Sweet Charlie, take care of yourself!

Enjoy your time with your loved ones!

Thanks for the memories!
17th April 2006 12:39 AM
rodors we'll truly miss charlie.... glad i saw him in this tour, jumping and enjoying as he was in monterrey, mex.
17th April 2006 12:47 AM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I already saw 2 shows at MSG, in January '98, and it was snowing and very cold. Hawaii has better weather in the Fall right??

Angie, NY's weather in the fall is beeyoutifull!
17th April 2006 04:56 AM
Pierre Wait and see, but Charlie has already given so much...
17th April 2006 04:58 AM
speedfreakjive Charlie has a lot of guts to say this mid-tour. I have no qualms with his decision. The Stones have become a pantomime now anyway, right?
17th April 2006 11:12 AM
jb As I pointed out at the beginning of the tour, this was the last major tour. I expected them to take a break, and announce some extended stays at MSG, Filmore, etc. But with Charlie effectively annoucing his retirement, we have seen the last of the Stones after this tour. I am personally devasted, as I had hoped we would get the 20 shows here or there every 2 -3 yrs, but with decling health, popularity, and the fact that Jagger is not touring for less thana $35 million guarantee, the smaller tours are simply wishful thing. The dream is over....you will never see the band again after this tour....the only thing that increases, is the real chanceof the mini fall return to finally milk the cow complety dry for anothe r36 million gross..................it';s over!!!!!!!!
17th April 2006 11:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
As I pointed out at the beginning of the tour, this was the last major tour. I expected them to take a break, and announce some extended stays at MSG, Filmore, etc. But with Charlie effectively annoucing his retirement, we have seen the last of the Stones after this tour. I am personally devasted, as I had hoped we would get the 20 shows here or there every 2 -3 yrs, but with decling health, popularity, and the fact that Jagger is not touring for less thana $35 million guarantee, the smaller tours are simply wishful thing. The dream is over....you will never see the band again after this tour....the only thing that increases, is the real chanceof the mini fall return to finally milk the cow complety dry for anothe r36 million gross..................it';s over!!!!!!!!

I salute Charlie....he has given us more than we ever deserved. If this is truly the end of the road, it has been a wild ride.

Sadly, many mockec/attacked us when we announced this was to be the final major tour.....yet again though we prove correct!
17th April 2006 03:56 PM
Saint Sway A wise decision by Charlie. He is all class and knows exactly when its time to call it quits. He will bow out with his dignity in tact.

He owes us nothing. He's given us everything.

He owes the Stones nothing. He has carried them for decades.

Good luck Charlie and thanks for everything.
17th April 2006 04:11 PM
Dan Wow, thanks for the awesome Spice Girls pictures!
18th April 2006 07:19 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Dan wrote:
Wow, thanks for the awesome Spice Girls pictures!

Aren't they wonderful? Ah, Scary, Sporty, Ginger and Posh. Ah, makes me feel 14 again!
18th April 2006 07:22 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Aren't they wonderful? Ah, Scary, Sporty, Ginger and Posh. Ah, makes me feel 14 again!

Sporty (Mel C isn't it?) wasn't there, only Victoria Anorexia Becks, Mel B, Emma and Gerri. And they brought either a friend or a relative (in the middle).

They really made my evening...

Especially the fact that I was seated 2 rows in front of them .
18th April 2006 10:46 AM
Bruno
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
A wise decision by Charlie. He is all class and knows exactly when its time to call it quits. He will bow out with his dignity in tact.

He owes us nothing. He's given us everything.

He owes the Stones nothing. He has carried them for decades.

Good luck Charlie and thanks for everything.

You said it all, man. WE owe Charlie. He is a great man.
18th April 2006 12:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Sporty (Mel C isn't it?) wasn't there, only Victoria Anorexia Becks, Mel B, Emma and Gerri. And they brought either a friend or a relative (in the middle).

They really made my evening...

Especially the fact that I was seated 2 rows in front of them .

Yeah, Sporty Spice (I used to call her Ugly Spice ) is Mel C.

Didn’t you once say that they left after a few songs into the show?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)