ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Đ 1975 Bob Gruen (?)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any Bets On An Official Announcement? Roanoke Virginia Maybe? Return to archive
April 13th, 2005 12:47 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I'm betting that they will announce the tour in high fashion by the second week in May, with all dates confirmed. If the tour is to start Aug 21st, this is about the right time frame for ticket to go on sale. I'm hoping that they mix it up some this time around and do some places that they haven't played before, maybe even some college campuses. There has been a rumor passed along to me by a friend who works for the city councel in Roanoke Va, and he said that there has been talk from the inside that The Stones may possibly be playing Victory Stadium. Since I live approx 50 miles from the sight this would be a dream show for me. The Stadium was built in the early 40's. It's kind of run down , but it does have a very special feel to it, kind of like JFK. It was built in WW2, as the name Victory goes about it. It holds about 45,000 counting the field. It's in a great location right under a huge mountian with the Roanoke Star a top of it. The Stones have never played Roanoke before, so many people in this area are keeping their fingers crossed that this turns out to be more then just a rumor.
April 13th, 2005 06:10 AM
marko Indeed,they should play MORE in odd places like they did
in voodoo and BTB tours.
In voodoo USA tour they did shows in Madison,edmonton,El paso,Birmingham,Membhis,.
98 europe,Moscow,athens,istanbul,poland(chorzow),tallinn,.
Usually,u get a better show,where they donīt go often,or
havenīt been there at all.
April 13th, 2005 03:49 PM
Snappy McJack It would be lame if they went to all of the same venues as last tour. It would just be an extension of the last tour if they don't hit venues they missed last time.

Go to Missouri, go to Indiana, go to Utah, go to Poland, go to South America; just go somewhere you didn't go last time. We all know that they may soon hit the Vegas circuit, but now is not the time to pull a U2 and make an extended stay at the United Center and Madison Square Garden. Unless that is what they're aiming for. I mean, they could spread the tour out over a broad timespan and hit areas they haven't been to in years (or even new venues).

[Edited by Snappy McJack]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour