ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Bob Gruen (?)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Stones song you can't stand anymore? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 13th, 2005 12:22 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! None, I'm just happy that we still have The Stones to play anything!
April 13th, 2005 10:12 AM
HomerJRichards You got me rocking gives me the shits and pretty much always has.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say fuck it - i disagree re Don't Stop. I like that song. It's not bad for a bunch of 60 year old rockers. Bands half their age couldn't fart anything half that decent. I also enjoyed hearing it live too. I couldn't care less what anybody else thinks about that either. Maybe coz it's one of the few Stones songs i can actually play and keep up with on my guitar.

And i also reckon that anybody who is asking for the new album to be as good as Exile, LIB, SF etc is asking & expecting way too much. It would be nice if the Stones bring out an album of such calibre but it aint gonna happen.
April 13th, 2005 11:08 AM
Gimme Shelter I can't think of any Stones song I can't stand.
April 13th, 2005 12:25 PM
glencar Nor I. There are one or two warhorses which ahve grown old but that's usually when I start thinking about getting out of the show & the best way to get home.
April 13th, 2005 03:40 PM
Joey [quote]HomerJRichards wrote:
You got me rocking gives me the shits and pretty much always has.............................."

Thanks .

************** END TRANSMISSION **************

April 13th, 2005 04:17 PM
Child of the Moon Not sure exactly...

What I do know is that I'm personally excited that the Stones are actually going to tour behind an album this time. The Licks tour was good performance-wise, but it was too much of a "greatest hits/nostalgia" trip for me. The only way for a band to stay at all vital these days (unless you're David Bowie or Neil Young, who are pretty much always vital, all the time) is to tour with new songs, and the Stones didn't do that last time. They have to now. In fact, if they didn't, I don't think I'd go and see them this time. I like them playing nice, familiar songs, but I got more of a kick out of hearing Don't Stop than most of the songs they played that night, just because the territories were that much more uncharted.

Here's to the new tour, and more importantly, the new album. Surprise us, boys!
April 13th, 2005 04:29 PM
glencar Exactimundo!
April 13th, 2005 06:10 PM
texile i just heard miss you in the car today and was thinking what a great fucking song it was.........this is the one non-fans seem to appreciate most because it's so ...everything! timeless.
start me up, on the other hand has always been overrated and overplayed.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour