ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Bob Gruen (?)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Stones song you can't stand anymore? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 11th, 2005 02:07 PM
Jair Miss You, for sure, although I like the Dre remix.
April 11th, 2005 02:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
Miss You, for sure, although I like the Dre remix.

the modern live versions of Miss You, IORR, Tumbling Dice

studio wise i can handle mostly anything, but i have slightly grown tired of Love In Vain
April 11th, 2005 02:18 PM
wisertime satisfaction/tumbling dice/brown sugar/miss you/IORR/honky tonk women/start me up, that's all !!!
April 11th, 2005 02:19 PM
Surround Sister Start Me Up, standard studio version.
Satisfaction, borderline case
April 11th, 2005 02:21 PM
wisertime I forgot : Angie
April 11th, 2005 02:25 PM
2120SMA I hope I never see Angie or Miss You live again.
April 11th, 2005 02:28 PM
wisertime I still have the dream of a show without all the warhorses.
But I really think I can dream a long time ...
April 11th, 2005 02:38 PM
egon don't stop.

which is not so weird, cos i played it at least 2 times from start to finish.
April 11th, 2005 02:46 PM
Jumping Jack Miss You. JT soiled it for life!!!
April 11th, 2005 02:52 PM
Stray Cat UK
Live versions of:

YGMR
Brown sugar - unless Keith stands still and Plays it !
LARS
Angie
Tumbling Dice
Don't Stop
Satisfaction
April 11th, 2005 03:00 PM
Irresistible-Lady Lady jane,good times bad times..
April 11th, 2005 03:14 PM
magicwoman Lady Jane
Beast of Burden
Tumbling Dice
[Edited by magicwoman]
April 11th, 2005 03:30 PM
sammy davis jr. Beast of Burden
Honkey Tonk
April 11th, 2005 03:49 PM
wisertime Lady Jane ??!!! I love it !
April 11th, 2005 07:55 PM
mac_daddy "rock and a hard place"

there are a few others on steel wheels that absolutely rub me the wrong way, too, but t="rock in a hard place" springs instantly to mind (so does "winning ugly")...

oh yeah... there is that song off of bridges - when they play the tune live, mick tries to rap... jesus! those are some of the most embarrassing moments in stones' history. justin timberlake had nothing on that rhyming debacle...

give me the keef ballads off of steel wheels and bridges, and leave the rest of it on the shelf. i thought it was a very wise move leaving the rest of that sh*t from steel wheels and beyond off the setlist last time around...

i may be in the minority here, but i DONT really want a new album before this tour. who wants to be guaranteed of hearing the follow-up to "dont stop" every night? i hope the album is taking so long because it is simply not done, and that these cats gave up on it, and that they are currently someplace PRACTICING the old tunes, so they can dig deep, and play extended engagements, and give us a REAL taste of the whole catalog. if a new disc comes out at the same time, they will keep several obligatory new tunes in the setlist, taking away from our chances of seeing the real gems that might only be played several times this tour. i really hope they are practicing "sway" "loving cup" "soul survivor" "melody" "slave" "aint no use in crying" "claudine," AND their acoustic chops (bring back the acoustic, mick/keef mini-set), and that they are leaving the new sh*t at home...

fresh, well-rehearsed readings of the canon, with lots of variety, is what i want, not a road test of more material.
[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 11th, 2005 08:26 PM
Surround Sister Forgot one:
"Happy". Bury it, Keef!
Could be exchanged against Salt Of The Earth or You Got The Silver along 05-06´s Tour?
April 11th, 2005 09:46 PM
BILL PERKS LIVE-HAPPY START ME UP BROWN SUGAR SATISFACTION
RECORDINGS-ITS ONLY ROCK N ROLL TUMBLIN DICE,THE ENTIRE EXILE RECORD
April 11th, 2005 10:20 PM
KeithRichardsWife I can't get no satisfaction and wild horses!
April 11th, 2005 10:50 PM
Soldatti Live: Happy, Tumbling Dice, Honky Tonk Women and almost all the warhorses.
Studio: Start Me Up
April 11th, 2005 11:51 PM
Madafaka Angie
April 12th, 2005 02:22 AM
marko Angie,rock and a hard pl. and LARS.
April 12th, 2005 05:03 AM
sonicrock live all the war horses with a special mention for like a rolling stones and the exeption of JJF and satisfaction wich i still enjoy listening,
studio
nothing prior to 1983, most of the stuff after 1990, but i don t know why those last few i cant not helps myself singin mixed emotion alone while i work very strange case
April 12th, 2005 02:49 PM
kath angie and ruby tuesday. love in vain. happy.

never liked 'em, never will.
[Edited by kath]
April 12th, 2005 02:50 PM
Joey

Anything off of the last five albums .
April 12th, 2005 03:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Anything off of the last five albums .

i am tired of:

Let it Be
Drive My Car
Elevation
Desire
Please Please Me
April 12th, 2005 04:01 PM
Dutch Michael D. i don't like Satisfaction anymore, it was a nice song till they played it on the last tour... they don't have to play this song the next 5 tours and i hve always hated angie... really a elton john gay song
April 12th, 2005 04:21 PM
Barney Fife Angie
April 12th, 2005 05:07 PM
keith_tif Don't stop
Paint it black
IORR
April 12th, 2005 09:23 PM
Soldatti Paint It Black?
I never get tired of this song and one of the few warhorses performed OK during the last tour.
April 12th, 2005 10:56 PM
KeithRichardsWife
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
Don't stop
Paint it black
IORR

Paint it black!!???? Omg I never get tired of that song!!!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour