ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Bob Gruen (?)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour to Start In Boston. Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 12th, 2005 06:55 PM
SirMuddy I have a solution for ya Egon!

Sold your wife!
And get $$$ for the show!

Jah bless ya

btw... it's joke :P
April 12th, 2005 08:38 PM
CraigP Fenway is very nostalgic for most Bostonians.
April 12th, 2005 08:57 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
To be honest, at the prices they're charging now and coming so soon after the last tour, they'll do well to sell 40,000 seats in any city. Two shows at Fenway is 72,000 seats, which is pretty good as they didnt sell out Gillette Stadium in Boston at the start of the 2002 tour.

Makes sense to play smaller stadiums if they're going to play outdoors

Gazza Gillette is HUGE. 70,000 plus. Most of the stadiums in the US have added 20,000 seats in the last couple of years

Come to Chicago Gazza. At B2B there was not a ticket to be found at any price for the 2nd show. Believe me, I though I could scalp a ticket. There were over 5,000 people outside Soldier Field trying the same thing

Not one seller

I bribed a security guard to let my group in.
April 12th, 2005 09:32 PM
Soldatti They sold 53,000 tickets for Gillette and that was sell-out according to the boxscore.
April 13th, 2005 01:13 AM
corgi37 Well, i have NEVER heard of Fenway.

Just as i guess no one has heard of Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
April 13th, 2005 05:04 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

This may be a silly question but from what I am understanding here Fenway Park is a high profile stadium. Why is Fenway so prestegious as well as considered a high profile venue? It only holds $36,000? I realize only a few acts have held concerts there but why the high profile for Fenway?

Ian

Because it is a holy place. btw, Springsteen in '03 and Buffet in '04 are the only concerts Fenway Park has EVER hosted.

April 13th, 2005 05:06 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
They sold 53,000 tickets for Gillette and that was sell-out according to the boxscore.

Not even close...that stadium easily holds (and has held for other concerts) another 20,000 people
April 13th, 2005 07:03 AM
egon i'm slowly introducing the idea to the girlfriend.
i'm now explaining her who the rolling stones are.
agw, i'll have the greenlight by the end of the year.
April 13th, 2005 07:23 AM
Gazza tell her about the Mars bar 'legend'

if her eyes light up, I guarantee that persuading her to accompany you should be no problem at all.
April 13th, 2005 07:28 AM
egon you clearly have not met my girlfriend lol
April 13th, 2005 12:38 PM
glencar I never thought I'd be spending Auguste in Boston. I don't want to miss the opener since that's when they throw in one or two songs which don't last too long.
April 13th, 2005 07:32 PM
Soldatti
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Not even close...that stadium easily holds (and has held for other concerts) another 20,000 people

Ok, but they sold "only" 53,000 tickets in 2002.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour