ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Bob Gruen (?)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What bands will open for them? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 10th, 2005 05:27 PM
Jair Just wondering. In US usually is more than one band, depending on the region, but who you'd like to see open to the guys?

If i live in there, i'd like to see Kings of Leon, and maybe Strokes as well, but its not gonna happen, i guess, not in The Strokes case...

[Edited by Jair]
April 10th, 2005 05:32 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Jair wrote:
Just wondering. In US usually is more than one band, depending on the region, but who you'd like to see open to the guys?

peter North & the b33r cAns
April 10th, 2005 06:00 PM
Scot Rocks In America Kings of Leon would be a good guess, also bands like the Killers as well.

In UK, I just have no idea as there is so many bands touring all the time,

just need to wait and see
April 10th, 2005 06:18 PM
glencar Last time it was a melange but I mostly ended up with the Pretenders which wasn't too bad. Usually though I only saw their last 3 songs, one of which was always "Mystery Achievement." On this tour, I'd love to see Kings Of Leon. The Killers have one hit song but I like it. I just hope it's not some warmed-over Cheap Trick type of band.
April 10th, 2005 08:22 PM
winter u2
April 10th, 2005 09:33 PM
J.J.Flash Few short words... few short words....

"Have you heard about the Velvet Revolver Ronnie?"
April 10th, 2005 09:56 PM
LadyJane Fiji Joe and the Lotus Couch Band and maybe Chibaface.

I have this on very good authority.

LJ.
April 10th, 2005 10:18 PM
winter VR Rocks - Scott Weiland, when not in jail, is the man, BUT I miss STP!

April 10th, 2005 10:53 PM
Soldatti Voodoo Pug.
April 12th, 2005 10:18 AM
HomerJRichards Velvet Revolver would be a great support, but even better would be the Black Crowes.
April 12th, 2005 10:24 AM
Gimme Shelter I could totally see Kings of Leon or the Killers opening. I just saw Kings of Leon open for U2 at both San Jose shows
April 12th, 2005 10:41 AM
egon i'll go with anything as long as they don't play too long.
nowaydays when the stones finally turn up, i can hardly stand on my feet anymore.

oh god, that sounds so JB....
April 12th, 2005 11:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man I was pleasently suprised with their choices for opening acts on the Licks tour. I hope it'll be the same this time round, with Mick picking a selection of the current crop of great bands out there.

I reckon we could see the likes of Kings Of Leon, The Killers and Franz Ferdinand on the next tour.
April 12th, 2005 11:50 AM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Few short words... few short words....

"Have you heard about the Velvet Revolver Ronnie?"

Man, these guys are disgusting!!!
They remember crap bands like Sweet, Nazare, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, that kind of shit.

[Edited by Jair]
April 12th, 2005 11:58 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

Man, these guys are disgusting!!!
They remember crap bands like Sweet, Nazare, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, that kind of shit.

[Edited by Jair]

SHIT IS YOUR BAD TASTE FOR RAP CRAP! AS A MATTER OF FACT, "SHIT" IS YOUR OPINION!
April 12th, 2005 12:00 PM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

SHIT IS YOUR BAD TASTE FOR RAP CRAP! AS A MATTER OF FACT, "SHIT" IS YOUR OPINION!

LOL

I knew it you would get mad about me.
Take it easy, pal. Are you in your period?

April 12th, 2005 12:27 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

LOL

I knew it you would get mad about me.
Take it easy, pal. Are you in your period?

ok.... still friends....
April 12th, 2005 12:29 PM
wisertime ""Velvet Revolver would be a great support, but even better would be the Black Crowes.""
---------------------------------------

They won't choose The Crowes to open for them for the same reason they didn't want to tour with the Who in the 60/70's, they are too good !!!
April 12th, 2005 02:43 PM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

ok.... still friends....

Deal, my little queer fella.
BUT DONT YOU DARE SCREAM TO ME AGAIN!!!

[Edited by Jair]
April 12th, 2005 03:50 PM
duck izzy stradlin
April 12th, 2005 05:10 PM
keith_tif Interpol
Garbage
Mercury rev
Deus
Marianne Faithfull
Radiohead: It's allow dreaming
April 12th, 2005 06:08 PM
wisertime YES !! Interpol or Mercury rev, my 2 favorites actual bands !!
April 13th, 2005 02:41 PM
Factory Girl Babyshambles!! Babyshambles!! Babyshambles!! Babyshambles!! Babyshambles!! Babyshambles!!
April 13th, 2005 03:03 PM
Dutch Michael D. Chuck Prophet and Band have to open for them, here in Europe...
April 13th, 2005 03:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Voodoo Pug.

It is posts like this that have earned you a spot on the "people i would like to drink with" list!

i would love to see Velvet revolver, Black Crowes, Robert Plant, but most of all, George Thorogood and the Destroyer Band (not because i think they are better, i just think they would still warm up great for the stones)

i think we will see bigger names opening the show ala NO Doubt on Licks to help pack the smaller markets.
April 13th, 2005 03:51 PM
Joey

I hope and pray there is NO OPENING ACT !!!!!!!!!

I hope ........................................

Joey Freeman ( Shawshank )! ™
April 13th, 2005 03:55 PM
winter Oasis!

giggle,
April 13th, 2005 03:58 PM
Joey
quote:
winter wrote:
Oasis!

giggle,

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/oasis20053.html
April 13th, 2005 04:05 PM
Jair Paul McCartney e Ringo Starr
April 13th, 2005 04:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
Paul McCartney e Ringo Starr

ugh

Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour