ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pam...Glad you're a Cubs fan Return to archive
04-15-03 11:15 PM
Fiji Joe Glad to you see you're not a White Sox rooter...What the hell is with these people on the Southside?

CHICAGO -- A fan came out of the stands during Tuesday night's game between the Kansas City Royals and Chicago White Sox and attacked first base umpire Laz Diaz. Security and players came to Diaz's aid and the fan was quickly taken away.

Immediately after Carlos Lee flied out to right to end the eighth inning, the fan ran on the field and tried to tackle Diaz, wrapping his arms around the umpire's legs.

It was the first appearance by the Royals in Chicago since coach Tom Gamboa was pummeled by a father and son, who came out of the stands last September.

Three times earlier Tuesday night, the game was delayed when fans ran onto the field before being tackled by security guards.

04-16-03 12:22 AM
parmeda LMAO Feej!
The southsiders are definately a different breed of cat in this town.
Wrigley Field STILL, and always will be, the best place on earth to see a ballgame. Anyone that totes their ass into Comisky (now named US Cellular Field (?)...) must enjoy watching a minor leagued team...ROTFLMAO!!!

I'll take this one step further.

I am such a die-hard Cubs Fan, that last September when the Stones played in Comisky...okay, hold your jaws everyone, I'm putting myself out on a limb here...I chose not to purchase a ticket to see them there just because of where it was. Yep...go ahead and gasp. It was a very hard decission for me to make. The only thing that saved me from my own guilt was that my niece decided to get married on that day and I had to attend that instead.

Nope Feej...this girl won't place one toe anywhere near that joint.

GO CUBS!
04-16-03 01:00 AM
Maxmeister [quote]parmeda wrote:

Wrigley Field STILL, and always will be, the best place on earth to see a ballgame.

I just had to disagree with you. Yankee Stadium holds that coveted title followed by a tie between Fenway Park and Wrigley. It's no coincidence that they're the only old ballparks left. The 40 plus years old Dodger Stadium in Chavez Ravine is just an awesome place to see a game, but it doesn't have that old old charm.
Fenway and Wrigley have a lot in common. They both haven't seen a World Series in generations and will continue that streak for some time to come. But, they're great parks to see a game and I've had a lot of fun at both. It's been awhile since I've been to Yankee Stadium which wreaks with history and tradition.

Baseball[Yankees] and the Stones are life. The rest is crap!

Rick
04-16-03 02:09 AM
parmeda Okay Rick....maybe I'll bite my tongue for a while. But I can tell you that my husband and I are on a mission to see every major league ballpark before we die. We are more than halfway there. I've been to Fenway and still give Wrigley a higher ranking. Yankee Stadium is going to happen this summer, first time and I am excited about going there. The Yankees are my #2 team! However, I have been to Shea, LOL...it was bad. I tend to take the whole experience into consideration, the stadium's charm of course, followed by the location, the fans, the atmosphere...and I haven't seen anything that's surpassed Wrigley yet. Sorry. But I will let ya know what I think of Yankee Stadium once I've been there...
04-16-03 05:03 PM
steel driving hammer Edmundo Aillon, right, an off-duty Chicago police officer working security at the a game between the Chicago White Sox and the Kansas City Royals, grabs an unidentified man who ran onto the field in the seventh inning Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago.

(AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

Tue Apr 15,10:57 PM ET
04-16-03 06:04 PM
Joey " The southsiders are definately a different breed of cat in this town.
Wrigley Field STILL, and always will be, the best place on earth to see a ballgame. Anyone that totes their ass into Comisky (now named US Cellular Field (?)...)"

Great Call Pam...........................

Wrigley Field is AWESOME , and with Steve Stone back in the broadcasting booth with Chippy , well , lets just say your young Joesy is absolutely in Heaven .

Just one thing , why is the All Star game at US CELLULAR this year ? Let me guess , they re-named it so they could get enough money to pay for the renovations ???????

Nice pic my Baby Steelie , looks shaved too !

HACKY !

04-16-03 06:10 PM
telecaster 1. The fuckhead that got arrested was at the day Cubs game and then went to the night Sox game. Plus it was 1/2 off
beer night at Comiskey. Do the math

2. Comiskey is like Yankee Stadium, run for your life
when the game is over

3. Wrigley is by far the best place to see a game and
the best place by far for the entire experience.
Most bars per square inch outside of New Orleans

4. Pam I can't believe you didn't see The Stones
because they played at Comiskey. I remember in '99
The Stones played the same day as the Cubs
opening day and everyone thought Mick was going to go to
Wrigley to sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" for opening day, didn't happen. Damn that was a long day and night for me

5. Pam do you need tickets for the Cubs/Yankees series?
Let me know
04-16-03 08:26 PM
Fiji Joe Man, someone should tell that cop not to do crack
04-16-03 11:11 PM
Maxmeister [quote]parmeda wrote: However, I have been to Shea, LOL...it was bad. I tend to take the whole experience into consideration, the stadium's charm of course, followed by the location, the fans, the atmosphere...

Shea Stadium deserves that team and vice versa.
I agree about the whole experience. Actually there's nothing like Wrigley and Fenway for atmosphere inside and outside the stadium. The pubs, food carts etc. makes for a great time. Yankee stadium, even though it's original facade has been changed is still great. When a true baseball fan walks into that arena and inhales the history and tradition it's just one hell of an experience.
Also, you absolutely, positively MUST make plans to see the monuments in centerfield. You may need to make reservations ahead of time.
I'll be interested to hear of your experience.
04-16-03 11:32 PM
BILL PERKS BEEN TO FENWAY,SHEA ,YANKEE,CAMDEN YARDS,PNC PARK,JACOBS FIELD,PRO PLAYER AND THE VET.....AND CAMDEN YARDS IS BY FAR THE BEST..HOPE TO SEE WRIGLEY SOON.
04-17-03 12:57 AM
parmeda Steelie...The jackass that ran out and attacked the ump, lives about 2 miles from my house. I hope they keep him at 26th & California for about a week, LOL! What a piece of work...

Joey...you would have loved the 7th inning stretch today! Kordell Stewart (New QB for the Bears) "sang the song"! Steve & Chip had a heyday with him. And yes, the All Star game will be at that other park in July...

Tele...believe it. I'm dead serious. Why? Back in 1981 when Bill Veeck sold the team to "Jerry & Eddie", I wanted to puke. Fisk was the first and last smart move these two clowns ever made. Then to top it off when Reinsdorf tagged up with Krause on the other side of town...please, don't get me started. I swore off of going to Comisky when they tore the old stadium down. I was devastated when I learned the Stones were playing there. You and I know the real truth behind that story...Soldiers Field was just undergoing renovations!!! You know damn well they would have played there instead of that shithole!

On those Yankee/Cubs tickets...they're almost impossible to snatch! Are you going? Talk to me hon!

Maxmeister...Thank you so much for the "reservations" tip at Yankee Stadium. I will definately catch up with you later in the summer and fill you in...

Mr Perks...If you loved Camden, get your butt to Wrigley and sit in the bleachers! Right field side, of course...you will be taken to "another level", LOL.

Feej...see what you started?
04-17-03 09:55 AM
Fiji Joe Not what I started Pam...it seems the southsiders have begun their own new tradition..."Chaos with Kansas City"...and they want stop until Shoeless Joe Jackson gets his shoes back
04-17-03 10:53 AM
Joey " and they want stop until Shoeless Joe Jackson gets his shoes back "

....................or until he gets his Sac Shaved !

{{{{{{{ CA - RACK }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Base Hit !

JACKY BOY !!!!!!!!
04-17-03 11:06 AM
telecaster Pam I will see if I can snag the Yankees/Cubs tickets for you. One of my buddies is very good friends and business partner with Steinbrenner so the seats are great.

I will give him a call and let you know

Just don't run out on the field, ok?

04-17-03 05:36 PM
voodoopug actually it was 1/2 price ticket night, there is no such thing as half price beer night in comisky park. If you want Cubs-Yankees tickets, the cubs (classless act) are scalping their own tickets and you can have a ticket for only about 800 bucks apiece.
04-18-03 12:12 AM
parmeda
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Pam I will see if I can snag the Yankees/Cubs tickets for you. One of my buddies is very good friends and business partner with Steinbrenner so the seats are great.

I will give him a call and let you know

Just don't run out on the field, ok?

Tele....see if your buddy can get me in the box with George, LMAO! I'd pay anything for that! And I promise, I'll behave

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003