ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: another question about "LIVE HAMPTON '81 Return to archive
04-15-03 01:22 PM
SaintGar i think the hampton '81 pay-per-view is one cool gig,but have another question! Is their only the one version floating around...I mean,on my one,the first few songs you can barely hear woodie's guitar.Keith's guitar is most prominant in the mix. Then,for most of the rest of the gig,it seems the bass sound is more prominent than the guitars. Has anyone else noticed this?
04-15-03 02:32 PM
marko I think theres only one source available(i mean sbd�s),but
different mixes,the one i have,is swingin pig version.
Sound is very strong loud and soft at the same time.
04-15-03 04:07 PM
jb Marko please tell me about Jersey Devils....I have boots from every era but the 81 tour. Is this as good as some suggest? Does Keith do Little T&A? Thanks..you friend, JB.
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]
04-15-03 04:26 PM
steel driving hammer To eat good food and listen to the Stones is why God put us on this planet.

It's the bread of angels.

You don't have the 6 disc Jersey Devil?

MMM. The SBD quality is better/rawer than Brussels Handsome Girls.

Pure SBD.

Yes Little T and Ass, 3 times.

E me of you want Jersey Devil.

But promise me you'll drink to it!
04-15-03 04:57 PM
T&A Jersey Devil (6 discs - 3 shows) is a must-have for the 2:00 of raw power on a rare outing of Down the Road Apiece (first show) - absolutely mind-blowing.

Best source for '81 is the Hartford show - available on a boot called Kings of Drugs. Hampton PPV and Seattle board are nice as well, as is the Phoenix show....Ride Like the Wind (4CD) captures Phoenix and some other very high quality versions of FM broadcast material.

81 is by far the tour that produced the most boards/FMs sources....
04-15-03 05:02 PM
steel driving hammer Do you think the Licks tour has SBD's not yet released via bootleg market?

If this World Wide Million Dollar Band did not record their live performances each time they play it would be totally absurd.

04-15-03 05:27 PM
T&A I have been told by a VERY reliable source that the Stones recorded each of the theater shows from the tour. Those recordings were mixed and then transferred to a NYC vault.

We also now know that the Stones are discussing (with Clear Channel) the release of "selected" shows from the Licks tour - presumably with an eye toward the European dates - through outlets similar to those utilized by the Who. Macca is also going that route.

So - my guess is that (putting two and two together) by year's end we will see that the theater shows (and possibly others)will be made available to fans via internet-only outlets.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003