ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LIVE HAMPTON '81(pay-per-view) Return to archive
04-14-03 06:58 PM
SaintGar greetings! I have a question about the payper-view from hampton,virginia 1981(yes,I only got it now!!!). The songs SEEM to be played a slightly slower speed than on the official "let's spend the night togethar.." movie. Why is this? Was most of the tour like this,and only the "let' spend the.." movie speeded-up versions????
04-14-03 07:12 PM
steel driving hammer I think the band played a slightly slower tempo in Hampton.

Why? Dunno.

Under My Thumb was prolly the best sounding opener in the history of music.

04-14-03 07:21 PM
T&A I always thought some of the songs - Let Me Go - was sped up on Still Life - perhaps also on LSTNT (dunno). Hampton always sounded better to my ears in general - definitely a show full of highlights..
04-14-03 09:50 PM
BILL PERKS JAGGERS VOCALS ON THIS NIGHT ARE ASTOUNDING.MJ HAS BEEN SUPER ON LICKS BUT THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO THAT TOUR.
04-15-03 04:02 AM
Mathijs Let's Spend the Night Together has been sped up about 6 BPM (about half a key, so from F to F#) for two reasons: it saves about 15 minutes, so the film can feature about 5 songs more. The second reason is that if you speed up the tempo, songs start to rock more, the drive becomes greater. This trick is used on most radio stations, where the music is sped up 2%, and this trick is also used quite a lot in the studio; The Stones have used it for example on Fingerprint File: the original version as found on Acetates is on the key of A, while the IORR album version is sped up to the key of B-flat.

Mathijs
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review

URL: http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/
E-Mail: [email protected]

Bootlegs for Sale
The Lowdown on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews
Brussels Affair 1973
Vinyl Gang Productions / The Swingin' Pig
----------------------------------------------------------------
04-15-03 04:20 AM
dealer squealing Also the Let�s Spend the Night Together film has the songs cut so they seems shorter and faster than they were played.
The Hampton concert although dosn�t seem slow to me for example compared to the tours from VL and on!
04-15-03 12:28 PM
Martha Hampton pay-per-view madness!!!!!

WHERE can I get this one then??????????

Help me please!!!!!

She purred.
04-15-03 12:37 PM
jb That was perhaps, their last "real" Stones tour.
04-15-03 12:55 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
jb wrote:
That was perhaps, their last "real" Stones tour.

I know what you mean jb and I wish I could have been there to witness it.

Anyone who has built a time machine, please pick me up and take me back!!!!

TIA!!

Mark
04-15-03 06:10 PM
T&A If the time machine can get us all back to '72, that'd be a better destination. I saw 81 - it was raw and wonderful - but didn't hold a candle to '72.
04-16-03 02:08 AM
littleredrooster I reserve the seat next to YOU, T & A !!
04-16-03 11:33 PM
Martha I'm going even if I have to stow away in the luggage.

Roostah you are simply the coolest guy for having seen that tour...I am in awe of what you saw!

Save me a seat!
04-17-03 09:18 AM
Scot Rocks Hey don't worry Ill be going back for 72 as well of course, as well as 69, 73, 75, 78...

I hope there is somekind of ticket for that!!

Cheers

Mark

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003