ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Reggae Alert! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-14-03 03:23 PM
Maxlugar My Dearest Stonesian Rasta Monkeys,

I just HAVE to tell you all about a little surprise I saw in the record store on Friday.

There seems to have been a stealth release of a Peter Tosh show from Boston 1976. I have not seen this thing in the Tosh rack ever. But in the credits it says it was released in 2001.

Anyway, I gotta say, this thing is complete brilliance.

It opens with a warm-up instrumental that I have not gotten out of my head since. I played this CD the entire weekend and can't wait to go home and put it on again. I have a lot of Tosh and this takes the cake. The best version of Burial I have ever heard. The playing is perfection and raw. Sly and Robbie on the rhythm section.

It is highly suggested (by me) that you go to your local record store and get this friggin' CD! You should not just go buy it but run to the Peter Tosh section screaming like an escaped mental patient. Jump on the "T" section and hover above this CD on all fours growling at anyone else that comes close to it. Grab it in your mouth and run to the cash register and shake it like a dead rat. Calmly pay for it and walk out of the store with your head held high in the knowledge that you are better than most people. For you now own a classic of biblical proportions.

Oh, and don't forget to thank your little Maxy later.

Your pal,

Bunny Lugar, Republican Rasta Man
04-14-03 03:33 PM
Factory Girl Macky, I will be happy to thank and hug and caress you later. But, reggae is not my shot of stoli.

04-14-03 03:50 PM
Maxlugar Well then you can just caress me. It's all good.

MACKY!!!
04-14-03 03:54 PM
Factory Girl It'll be my pleasure, Macky! Plus, there is lots of other great music that we both like!
04-14-03 04:45 PM
telecaster Why did Peter Tosh trash Keiths house in Jamaica?

Enquiring minds need to know
04-14-03 04:46 PM
winter Maxy -

Went out and bought it today, I am only up to song 3, but so far so good -

thanks much-

wintah
04-14-03 04:54 PM
Joey Macky .....................

I was all set to go out and buy it over the lunch hour , but I went home and Shaved My Sac instead .

Developing ..................

Comforting ....................

" Shear Me Ronnie "

JACKY !
04-14-03 04:58 PM
steel driving hammer How much hair do you have down there?

Urban Jungle?
04-14-03 05:04 PM
Joey " How much hair do you have down there?

Urban Jungle? "

Don't know , but I can definitely tell you this my Baby Steelie , " It was getting kinda long . "

Funny how it doesn't grow on top of my skull anymore but tends to grow everywhere else on me body ...........

Shiver .....................

Growing .....................

Pappy ( Pass the Biscuits ) !

04-14-03 05:34 PM
icydanger

rastaq hair here
ty
i will keep an eye open, wonder if it will be released in old europe?
04-14-03 06:02 PM
throbby Thanks for the info Max! I shall assume all fours shortly.

Thank you so much for your gift last week, very very nice.
04-14-03 06:03 PM
Joey Icy ........................

Do you have any idea why Peter Tosh trashed Keith's house in Jamaica back in 1974 ?

Do you think Peter really would have shot Keith with that Machine gun he had ?????

Was Keith smart to call Peter's bluff ?

Will I find my dope this evening ????

Please , Icy , I begs of you , please give me your opinion on these vital and coherent matters .

JACKY !!!!!!!!!
04-14-03 06:32 PM
luxury1 Well, Thanks for the heads up Maxy, but Peter went to his death bed hating Luxury! I was the concert promoter at my college (what a great fucking gig--4OK a year to book whomever I wanted--no worry about ticket sales--yeah--a private expensive yuppie/preppie college, me and all the black dudes named Daryl were on scholarship--hey--Eleanore MOndale was a year behind me there, and man, did she love us black dudes). ANyway, I digress., Being a Stones fan since 6 yrs old (As Tears Go BY--stolen from my older brother), I just had to get close them, so I booked Peter about a year before he got blown away. I knew all about the Rastafarian religion (having done a paper --A--of course--on reggae) and wouldn't you know it--I woke up with my period the morning of the show--which is an evil thing to those Rastas. Well, not only would Peter NOT pass that GIANT spliff to me , but he totally ignored me, and I was the promoter! It might have had something to do with the fact that I couldn't find Red Snapper in Canton, NY in the middle of Feb, per his rider requests. I dont know. ANyway, the guy hated me, and soon after got blown away--SEE--!!!
[Edited by luxury1]
04-14-03 07:26 PM
winter Luxury:

I apologize in advance for this - BUT

given your circumstances for the day, are you sure you couldn't find any red snapper for Mr. Tosh -

I just couldn't resist -

wintah

04-14-03 08:17 PM
Joey " given your circumstances for the day, are you sure you couldn't find any red snapper for Mr. Tosh -

I just couldn't resist -

wintah "

Wintah ............you make Joey smile .

I would like to nuzzle you .

Bunny !
04-14-03 08:22 PM
luxury1 AHHHH--I set myself up but good for that one Wintah. Touche.
[Edited by luxury1]
04-14-03 08:27 PM
Joey " AHHHH--I set myself but up good for that one Wintah. Touche. "

Luxy .................

Did I ever tell you that I " knew " Eleanor Mondale in the eighties when she was an anchorwoman in Minneapolis ?????

This was just before she married Keith Van Horne of the Chicago Bears ................or maybe it was during ....................No , I reckon now it was after she married him .

Ahhhhh, yeah , What WAS the topic here anyway ?

J. Fly Boy !

04-14-03 08:51 PM
throbby Is that "knew" in the biblical sense?
[Edited by throbby]
04-14-03 10:24 PM
BILL PERKS ARNOLD DID ELEANOR MONDALE
04-15-03 09:37 AM
Joey " ARNOLD DID ELEANOR MONDALE "

Arnold ?!?!?!?!

ARNOLD ?!?!?!?!

JACKY SAC - A !

04-15-03 10:10 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
Macky .....................

I was all set to go out and buy it over the lunch hour , but I went home and Shaved My Sac instead .

Jacky,

Did you see the Ask Sara Silverman column in Playboy this month (Carmen Electra on the cover)

I didn't think so.....

Developing like 5 O'Clock testicle shadow............

BIZ MARKY!

04-15-03 10:22 AM
Joey " Did you see the Ask Sara Silverman column in Playboy this month (Carmen Electra on the cover)"

Macky .....................

I did not see that one ....................Now THAT'S what I will do today over me lunch hour .

Developing ...............like a Five O' clock Shadow !

JACKY SAC !

04-15-03 10:37 AM

I did not see that one ....................Now THAT'S what I will do today over me lunch hour .

Yes. Yes do that!

But do that BEFORE you shave the Nut Nectar Twins.

Trust your pal Macky!

I don't need a Muse with a bad reputation.

Makes for bad musings......

A rat-a-tat MACKY MACK!!!

04-15-03 10:54 AM
Joey " Trust your pal Macky!

I don't need a Muse with a bad reputation.

Makes for bad musings...... "

OK My MACKY ! I trust you on this one .

When I was shaving my beard this morning ( in the nude , as always ) , I looked down and came very very close to shaving the Scrotum Twins ( they screamed out in fear -- all to no avail ) .

Reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaal Close ! Hell , they almost puked .

Developing .......................

P.S. I loved the " Grabbed Peter Tosh CD in the Mouth Routine " from the other thread . Did I tell you that description works well with " WHO " or " STEELY DAN " CDs too ???? I didn't ????????? Oh , Whoops , must have forgotten -- Damn Me Memory !

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .................

HACKY HAPPY SAC !

04-15-03 11:09 AM

P.S. I loved the " Grabbed Peter Tosh CD in the Mouth Routine " from the other thread .

Damn it Joey! That was THIS thread!

Why are you slipping so much lately? I pay you good money to be my Muse and I get this kind of organization?

Look, it shaving your Custard Cups will get you back on the "ball", then let me be the first to slather some gell on those puppies and hand you a Gillette Mach III!

CHRIST!

04-15-03 12:03 PM
Joey " Why are you slipping so much lately? I pay you good money to be my Muse and I get this kind of organization? "

I agree my lead singer ......................It is unexceptable . It is something that seventy year old men do ----------------Damn it , where IS that razor ?

Here is what you do :

It is highly suggested (by me) that you go to your local convenience store and get a nice expensive razor ( GILETTE MACH IV -- PLATINUM ) . You should not just go buy it but run to the toiletries section screaming like an escaped mental patient. Jump on the "Gilette " area and hover above this razor on all fours growling at anyone else that comes close to it. Grab it in your mouth and run to the cash register and shake it like a dead rat. Calmly pay for it and walk out of the store with your head held high in the knowledge that you are better than most people.........you get to shear young Joey's private parts .

JACKY SAC !

04-15-03 12:06 PM
Joey
I mean " unacceptable " !

Damnit , Where is me Dope ?

JACKY !
04-15-03 12:22 PM
Martha Thanks Maxy for this heads up...once I find Joey's dope...then find the money to buy the CD..I will find the CD and make said purchase...

But....do I have to do the doggie style thing??? My knees simply can't take it any more.

Stop, drop and roll Joey one so he can get his memory back!

Quick Ronnie!
04-15-03 02:27 PM
Maxlugar [quote]winter wrote:
Maxy -

Went out and bought it today, I am only up to song 3, but so far so good -

thanks much-

Well Wintah, how was it for you?

It took me about two complete playings of this disk for me to feel the true genius of it all.

My God!

Love it.

04-15-03 03:40 PM
Nasty Habits I am sure the rasta Whizz monkeys are going to thank you for this heads up, RudieMax. This one had slipped under my radar, too. Will stock.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003