ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guinness VS Heineken Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
04-15-03 01:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Who the fuck did that list SDH? How could they have missed PA's best...Yeungling? Ying Lager is wonderful. And their Black & Tan is top notch. I like the Porter too. All three would easily rate 3.5 or better. And it's not like it's a micro brew or anything. It's widely available over most of the east coast.

Take my recommedation seriously. Get some Yings and thank ol' SS later.

I wonder how Maxmeister rates Labatt's Ice?
04-15-03 01:06 PM
J.J.Flash They forgot Budweiser on this list.
04-15-03 10:00 PM
steel driving hammer [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Who the fuck did that list SDH?

From some fucking web site...
http://www.whatrain.com/steves/welcome.php

> I wonder how Maxmeister rates Labatt's Ice?

Is that what he drank at that resturant?

Why?

Also, why didn't we all sit at one table!
04-16-03 12:38 AM
Maxmeister

[/quote]

Uhhhhh, it was ok. Drinkability while listening and watching the Stones in the Marriott Suites in Cleveland, was quite good. But, the finish was a little rough.

SDH, I'm not quite certain what I ordered at the restaurant. It was 24oz. draughts and I think it was Sam Adams. Those went down too good.

As far as Heineys and Guinness. Lager and Stout can never ever be compared. It's two different worlds. The pure fact is, Heineken is an excellent lager. On tap and fresh it almost becomes an orgasmic experience. That rating of 4.0 makes total sense.
The Belgiums do the best beer and ales. Hell, they invented it. Those Trappist monks sure know their shit. Try those Chimay 7% and 9% ales. They are to be savored like fine wine. And it will severely kick your ass if you're on a drunk. But that is such a waste. Duvel is excellet and also have enjoyed that White of Brugges from Belgium while visitng that city. Another lager that is tops is Harp. And of course Sam Adams is at the top, also. Their awards are not bullshit. Fat Tire from Colorado is excellent and a good Mexican beer is Modelo Especial. This is also a higher alcohol beer.
Light beer other than Amstel Light has absolutely zero taste. I admit I used to drink it years and years ago especially when I used to drink daily. I had a Bud Light or maybe it was a Miller Lite a little over a year ago because it was the only thing available. It had been so long, it quite literally taste like water. It was at an intermission of a play and I blurted out "what the fuck is this?" It was given to me in a cup so I wasn't prepared. I received many hard stares but since I couldn't explain the problem[which I'm sure most would have understood] several bystanders thought I was nuts.
Anyway, taste in brews varies like tastes in music. Breaking it down and comparing within a category is a more legitimate litmus test.

Slainte!!!

Rick
04-16-03 03:07 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Who the fuck did that list SDH? How could they have missed PA's best...Yeungling? Ying Lager is wonderful. And their Black & Tan is top notch. I like the Porter too. All three would easily rate 3.5 or better. And it's not like it's a micro brew or anything. It's widely available over most of the east coast.

Take my recommedation seriously. Get some Yings and thank ol' SS later.

YES SS!! I live in PA--truth be told, only five miles away from the Rolling Rock brewery--but YUENGLING is indeed Pennsylvania's best (and oldest!) offering.
04-16-03 02:56 PM
Joey " Take my recommedation seriously. Get some Yings and thank ol' SS later. "

Yings DEFINITELY will be served at Y.O.H.O.S.

Stoney , you know anything about " Sac Shaving " ?

Can Steelie and I borrow some money to open up our own little " Sac Shop " in Chicago ..............?

Nothing serious , just about fifty grand should cover it -- you know , for those really EXPENSIVE Shears .

Developing ..................

Shearing ....................

Sacing ......................

HACKY !

04-16-03 03:35 PM
jb One of the finest beers ever brewed was Schaffer.
04-16-03 03:48 PM
J.J.Flash Josh, what's the best beer from Florida? If you guys could travel to Brazil one day, drink Brahma and Skol.
04-18-03 06:33 PM
stewed & Keefed Stella Artois and Jamesons,then Im in heaven
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
04-18-03 06:56 PM
Scot Rocks Stella is great, Grolsh too, Becks is nice, Peroni kickass, Bohemia is good, Heinekin 5% is good shit. Generally I like most european beers the best, for me Miller sucks, Bud is ok, used to have it more though when i was younger, coors i hate, tastes shit.

Guinness you cannot compare to lager, stout i don't really have much, however i do like the odd guinness...lol

Today though I am happy, I have a 24 box of grolsh downstairs and an ice cool one in my hand just now, it has been a hellish last 3 weeks at work and uni and for now the worst is over, nothing better sitting back, beer in hand and listening to the Stones.

Cheers folks

Mark
04-18-03 10:47 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
nothing better sitting back, beer in hand and listening to the Stones.

Cheers folks

Mark

When you hear the music trouble disappear...
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003