ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones head for Europe, US Return to archive
04-11-03 06:39 AM
CS Rolling Stones head for Europe, US
Friday, April 11, 2003 (Mumbai):

Nearly 90 per cent of the 120-members of the popular band, Rolling Stones, today headed for different parts of the globe after being stranded in the Metropolis for over 12 hours.

The Rolling Stones, who were to leave India last night for Bangkok, were forced to return to the Taj Hotel after their chartered Malaysian Airlines flight was delayed due to a technical snag.

The band had performed in Mumbai on Monday and were scheduled to perform in the Thai capital, which was the last leg of their world tour. However, the SARS scare had forced the British band to drop their Bangkok concert.

The British band had already cancelled concerts in Hong Kong and mainland China over concerns of SARS sweeping parts of the globe.

According to reports from Bangkok, Mick Jagger had arrived in the Thai capital to shoot segments for a Rolling Stones documentary film, while the rest of the band and their production crew were to have flown from Mumbai to Bangkok yesterday.

However, the rest of the band found themselves stranded in Mumbai last night after their chartered plane allegedly developed a technical snag.

Today, most of the members of the band, which had been stranded, left the hotel and are bound for different destinations, including US, UK and various parts of Europe.

The final European leg of the band's tour is scheduled to start at Munich in June. (PTI)
04-11-03 07:03 AM
egon good news, very good news.

they are getting closer.

yepperdep!
04-11-03 10:13 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy No, not quite good news... they're dispersing, not getting together. I miss the days when they could just show up at each other's houses... nowadays they live in three different countries (more if you count secondary residences etc.). It seems their most creative periods where when they couldn't get away from each other (Exile sessions, The month at Ronnie's that produced both It's Only Rock'n'Roll and I've Got My Own Album To Do, Keith's bust and so on).

They need to lock 'em in the kitchen again!

-tSYX --- Armenia, City In The Sky!
04-11-03 10:34 AM
Angiegirl They always say themselves one of the reasons for being together this long is that they don't see much of eachother in between tours and in tour breaks...they all being together has been a very long long time ago, as you pointed out yourself Xyzzy. It's good for them to take separate breaks and refuel in their own ways. Then they can come together refreshed in the last weeks of May to do rehearsals, in Amsterdam of course

BTW, the article now says Bangkok is cancelled due to SARS? Sigh, solid research and reporting ey?
04-11-03 11:03 AM
F505 Seems quite healthy to me. I would go crazy if I had to see my collegues each day even if their names were Jagger, Richards, Watts or Wood. But I am very happy they're moving to Europe. Let the show begin! Can't wait...
04-11-03 12:00 PM
jb This is terrible news!
04-11-03 12:16 PM
Martha The word "final" is not getting my day off on the right..err dare I say...leg. I will continue to pray that they return to the States after they finish the European leg.

I half prayed......that you'd stay.....
04-11-03 12:37 PM
Nellcote Thanks CS for posting this.

I find several discrepencies within this article

1. Writer notes Thailand cancelled because of SARS-
Stones press release cites aircraft mechanical
problems. Jagger has gone to Thailand by himself
to film parts of a documentary, would he go if SARS
was a risk?
2. Writer mentions that Thailand was the last leg of
their current tour. Then he goes on to mention about
the upcoming European leg of their tour. WTF?

IMHSO (In My Humble Stones Opinion) The Band could wrap China, Bangkok, more shows in India (where they are already asking for more) along with New Zealand with a Stateside presence in late '03 or '04. Do not let this writer and his inaccuracies bother you. Irresponsible press writings without sourcing out the truth.

Must be my daily Rumsfeld briefings coming out of me...

After all, they need to end the tour, where else?
BEANTOWN!!!!!

Sergei, please send us some guidance, please.....
04-11-03 12:57 PM
Martha Yes, I agree Nellcote (and thanks for the briefing I needed to hear some solid words of wisdom)...

Sergie we NEED to hear from you!!!!

Don't bring me down........
04-11-03 01:04 PM
MarthaMyDear HURRY UP, LONDON!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS *** EXCELLENT *** NEWS (except they need to reschedule Hong Kong, etc., and play the states again)!!! WOOHOO!!! I WANT TO SEE SOME MORE MICK STOMACHE HAIRS!!! YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YESSS!!!

*** Martha ***
04-11-03 04:56 PM
stewed & Keefed Yes Martha, London their coming back home
04-11-03 10:02 PM
Honky Tonk Man You said it stewed & Keefed!

Alex
04-12-03 03:53 AM
MarthaMyDear I can't wait to visit your beautiful home, you guys (and shop till I drop in your groovy stores!!! ROTFLOL!!! :P )!!! I'll see you there at the Rocks Off get-together and that will be posted about here and you'll know about it, of course!!! Take care and CHEERS!!! Talk to you soon and PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
04-12-03 09:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man Its going to be great finaly meeting you MarthaMyDear!

I think most of those "groovy" boutiques were left behind with the sixtees! LOL, Carnaby Street ain't what it was

Alex
04-12-03 05:26 PM
MarthaMyDear What is the name of the street where all the cool stores are now, again?!?!?! Some people told me but I can't remember... My credit cards are going to be fricking CRYING there... HE!!! HE!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will need ALOT of water at the week's end... lol................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Yes, Alex, it shall be nice meeting you... You're not too hard on the eyes so I won't have to wear my sunglasses... lol................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P To say the least... OK.!!! I'm just being weird... lol................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, take care and I'll be seein' ya' VERY SOON!!! TAKE CARE!!!

*** Martha ***
04-12-03 06:24 PM
Honky Tonk Man Could it be Oxford Street?

I don't really shop in London, so im not too sure

Not every girl says im "easy on the eyes" lol, thanks

Alex
04-13-03 03:19 AM
MarthaMyDear I don't think that's it... I think it starts with a T or an F (?!?!?!)... Hell... I don't know... LOL!!! :P I'll find-out, though, 'cause I'll be shopping DEFINITELY... I'll probably go to Oxford Street, also!!! Thank you, Honky Tonk Man, and I'm sure you've heard MANY other compliments from women (and men yet?!?!?!)!!! ROTFLOL!!! :P I've seen them posted here and I am just one woman in your fan club of many so stay easy on the eyes and take care, alrighty?!?!?! lol........................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
04-14-03 09:45 AM
F505 What about Carnaby Street? Mick bought his jackets there way back in 1966.
04-14-03 10:31 AM
jb I have a fairly large home as well.
04-14-03 11:23 AM
Joey " I have a fairly large home as well. "

I have an average sized Sac !

J.

04-14-03 07:01 PM
F505 MarthaMyDear what do you exactly want to buy in London?
04-14-03 07:08 PM
Mother baby
quote:
F505 wrote:
What about Carnaby Street? Mick bought his jackets there way back in 1966.

So what...?
04-14-03 07:15 PM
F505 Miles Davis! Great song! Kind of blue but also Miles and Coltrane , Konserthuset, Stockholm, March 22, 1960. Listen to that great piano solo by Winton Kelly. Chuck could learn something from that one!
04-16-03 05:49 AM
MarthaMyDear What about Carnaby Street? Mick bought his jackets there way back in 1966.
------------------------------------------------------

I'll probably go there but I just found the street in a travel book and forgot the name of it... lol...................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Thank you very much, F505!!! I'll be going there, more than likely!!! And, I have a big butt... HOW THE HELL DID THIS THREAD TURN INTO BIG HOUSES AND BIG BUTTS, ETC.?!?!?! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing... HE!!! HE!!! lol.............................................. Josh, you are just the seventh wonder of the universe!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE the HELL did a big house come into play??? ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE DRINKY-POOS FOR YOU!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
04-16-03 06:02 AM
F505 What has your big butt to do with all this MarthaMyDear? I don't get it!
04-17-03 01:17 AM
MarthaMyDear F505, I want to buy clothes, jewelry, shoes (PROBABLY), and SOUVINEERS, SOUVINEERS, AND MORE SOUVINEERS!!! lol.................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, read what jb and Joey say above and that's why I said I have a big butt... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NO idea why they are saying that so I just thought I'd CHIME in... HE!! HE!!! lol.................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Take care, F505, and I'll talk to you soon!!! PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003