ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Photo by Annie Leibovitz, art by Woodywoodpecker
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jim Callahan's surgery in Mumbai Return to archive
04-08-03 11:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Must be a typo in this news, as I think is Jim Callahan, the security chief of the Stones.

Surgery in Mumbai for Stones member
- By PTI

Mumbai: Jim Calghans, one of the artistes of the Rolling Stone rock band, underwent angioplasty at a city hospital on Sunday night and his condition is "stable."

"Calghans, who was admitted in a critical condition, is now stable and recuperating in the hospital," cardiologist Dr B.K. Goyal said.
04-09-03 08:23 AM
Monkey Woman More on that disquieting subject:

--------------------

Stones member suffers heart attack
By: UNI
April 8, 2003

Jim Callaghans, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage who had suffered a massive heart attack here late on sunday and was admitted to a hospital, was said to be in a stable condition.
Sources in Bombay hospital where Mr Callaghans was admitted said the latter was brought into the hospital in a critical condition.

He would not have survived had it not been for an emergency
angioplasty undertaken by noted cardiologist Dr B K Goyal, the sources said.

The four-member rolling stones led by Mick Jagger group had performed here at the Brabourne stadium late yesterday.

Hospital sources said Mr Callaghans was recuperating.

The four-member Rock-n-Roll group, meanwhile, is scheduled to leave for Bangkok later today, as part of their 'Forty Licks' tour.

------------------------------------------------------------
This tour has been tough on the entourage. After Chuch McGee, Jim Callahan? I hope not!
04-09-03 08:32 AM
Lazy Bones Widely known as "JC" to many Stones fans. JC was very kind to many fans in Toronto that spent a lot of time in and around their rehearsals this past summer. He was the reason some fans received an early "heads up" about the date and location of the club gig. He's been with the Stones since 1973.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
04-09-03 08:52 AM
Stonesdoug JC is doing ok. He is due to head home by the end of the week.
04-09-03 09:13 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
JC is doing ok. He is due to head home by the end of the week.

Yes, I've heard. Thanks, Doug!
04-09-03 02:26 PM
Gazza Jim's a true gent. Met him in Paris at the Stones show at Longchamp in 1995 and had a nice chat with him (despite his London accent, he's actually from County Monaghan in Ireland just up the road from where my mum comes from).

Considering all the fans and hangers-on he must encounter in his job as head of security for BOTH the Stones and Dylan,I was pleasantly surprised when two months later in Amsterdam he recognized me straight away and went out of his way to come over and hang out for a while.

Hope he's back to full health very soon
04-09-03 02:58 PM
Miss U. LOVE YA, JC!!!!!

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, I'M SO RELIEVED HE'S OK!!!!
04-10-03 02:43 AM
Vandefruits I have met the personal security guy who guards Bob Dylan in London once. A big sturdy "bear-type" kinda guy probably about 50 or so. Is that JC? How can he be both the Stones and Dylan�s security guy when both are on tour simultaneously, I just wonder?

quote:
Gazza wrote:
Considering all the fans and hangers-on he must encounter in his job as head of security for BOTH the Stones and Dylan,I was pleasantly surprised....

04-10-03 05:08 AM
oldkr JC-jim Callaghan(check your spelling people!)-is a big bear type guy , with an english cockney accent , he's generally lovely - if he's not working- OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]
04-10-03 06:50 AM
Stonesdoug JC has checked out of the hospital---Godspeed...
04-10-03 07:31 AM
Jumacfly is he the guy we saw many times during the rehearsals in toronto??? he was on many pics closed to Mick or Ronnie.
god bless him, hope is fine now.

Cheers
Ju
04-10-03 10:19 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
is he the guy we saw many times during the rehearsals in toronto??? he was on many pics closed to Mick or Ronnie.
god bless him, hope is fine now.

Cheers
Ju

That's him. Short hair; clean-shaven and usually wears short-sleeve button-ups. Here's a picture of JC with Mick. (picture, surprisingly..lol...taken by Toronto Tom)

04-10-03 12:40 PM
Martha I remember seeing him in some of the pictures that were posted while the boys rehearesed in Toronto. This man sounds like a true gentle-man....may he be graced with a speedy recovery and restored health.

It is so cool to hear stories from those of you who have encountered JC. Keep 'em coming.
04-10-03 01:04 PM
J.J.Flash Martha, nice to see you. What a long time lady! I was missing you! See ya! I hope you are fine!
Cheers
04-16-03 05:04 AM
stonedinaustralia does anyone knoww how he's going??

do i take it no news is good news??

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003