ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What the Stones should do - Return to archive
04-02-02 09:41 PM
Stones I am new here so be gentle. These are some of the things I think The Rolling Stones should consider -

1. Put out a new album before the tour of completely new music OR something like Tattoo You , as long as it contains unreleased songs. If they tour with no new music it will make them look like an oldies band - something I hoped, and still hope, they would never become.

2. After the tour or towards the end put out a compilation. Maybe " The First 40 Years ". Or how about " Singles Collection II - The Rolling Stones Records Years 1972-2002". Make sure it includes all A and B sides for those years. I know RSR started in 1971 but those singles are already on other compilations.

3. Possibly put out " Greatest Hits Live" - A compilation of live versions of singles that were released.

4. Put out DVD's that contain ALL their music videos and ALL versions of them. Video Rewind-The 60's, Video Rewind-The 70's, Video Rewind-The 80's,Video Rewind-The 90's. I have a video which has different versions of JJF - the one with the make up and Undercover - the one where they are playing in a Paris club, among others . The JJF video is one of the coolest videos they did and the Undercover one I think is better than the more common version.

5. MAKE SURE THE FIRST SINGLE FROM THE NEW ALBUM IS A ROCK SONG! I think that is the only way to get attention and airplay. Radio will not play a slow Rolling Stones song as nearly as much as they will play a Rock song. If it is rocking song they will hopefully get past the idiot radio programers who won't touch a Rolling Stones song because they are over 25. Aerosmith gets away with it for some reason, but I would take " Draw The Line " over " Don't Want To Miss A Thing " any day.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.