ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Daily Telegraph Report on Coming Tour!!! Return to archive
03-30-02 06:21 AM
MickChick The need for all the band to be fit for the tour that starts in America in September and moves on to Europe, is being stressed by Jagger, who is reportedly taking ballet lessons to limber up.

A friend said Jagger "runs across that stage and leaps up and down and the ballet helps him seem graceful and effortless."

Weeks of rehearsals are ahead, with Jagger intent on putting together a spectacular show and "politely" declining to appear at the Queen's Golden Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace.

The singer, regarded as the band's financial wizard, is expected to be watching the progress of Sir Paul McCartney across America.

The former Beatle opens his first US tour since 1993 at Oakland Stadium, near San Francisco, on Monday. Tickets sold out within half an hour, even though the top seats were priced at �187.

Sir Paul is visiting 19 cities with his "Driving USA" show, in front of a new band similar to Wings.

Huge revenues are expected for Britain's richest rock star to add to his �640 million fortune. Jagger, lagging behind with �180 million, is expected to set equally high ticket prices for the Stones' swan song.

03-30-02 04:12 PM
Jaxx this is a good article.
>>Jagger, lagging behind with �180 million, is expected to set equally high ticket prices for the Stones' SWAN SONG.

he said SWAN SONG! this makes my stomach drop. this is eluding to this tour being "the last time...."

[Edited by Jaxx]
03-30-02 05:11 PM
Angiegirl Those equally high ticket prices make my stomach drop even harder at the moment...
03-31-02 09:33 AM
F505 Come on Angie!

your love give me such a thrill

but your love don't pay my bills

I want money, that's what I want!
03-31-02 09:45 PM
nanky I've seen a couple of statements alluding to a final tour -- I don't buy it. Not until I hear it from the band publicly.
04-01-02 04:44 PM
Angiegirl F505 said: 'I want money, that's what I want!'

Yep, that's what I want and NEED. My love of their music won't pay the tickets, *sigh*.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.