ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Philip Norman Return to archive
03-28-02 11:18 PM
Gerry Smith
What do people here think of Philip Norman's book, The Stones?

I've just finished reading the revised (2001) edition. He's not overfond of Michael Philip Jagger of Dartford, Kent, is he?
03-29-02 01:50 AM
gypsy Which book? I just got two of his..."The Life and Good Times of The Rolling Stones" and "Symphony for the Devil."
I'm reading "Blown Away" right now, so it will be a while before I can get to either of those...
03-29-02 02:47 PM
Gazza The original 1984 version wasnt too bad..although nothin to write home about either. its certainly NOT the classic its made out to be by any stretch of the imagination. Its pretty much nothing you wouldnt have read before elsewhere.

however he's reissued "updated" versions every few years to cash-in (sorry..."coincide") on a new tour and in each case made the book worse by doing so in a half assed manner with about 4 pages covering a decade of the bands career,and littered with factual errors to boot. Its a hideously sloppy effort which in each acse must have taken half an hours work to update (about 2 minutes of which was spent on research)

Buy his Beatles biography instead ("Shout!") if you can get it. He at least seems interested in THEM and knows a little about them. The same doesnt apply to the Stones.
04-01-02 11:42 PM
Carl The Lobsterman Couldn't agree with you more GAZZA.

As a side note, I think Lewishon did some research for Norman which led to "THE BEATLES LIVE" and his (Mark's) own legendary status.

Is this correct Gazza? It's been a while, but I think so.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.