ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tracks for Skipping Return to archive
03-28-02 08:33 PM
Scot Rocks I hardly ever skip a stones track however, there is one track I always skip and it is Fool to Cry That is one song I really hate!!!
Better not play it this year!
03-30-02 02:10 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
I hardly ever skip a stones track however, there is one track I always skip and it is Fool to Cry That is one song I really hate!!!
Better not play it this year!

I used to agree with you on that. When Black & Blue came out I really didn't like it much (except for the brilliantly incorrect promo campaign). But over the years I have come to appreciate the "Philly Soul" aspect of the Stones, and Mick in particular. Of that sort of falsetto-laden ballad, I consider "Worried About You" to be the best, but "Fool To Cry" is pretty good, and they do it really well live.

At the Pittsburgh NS show, I was in the 6th row (Ronnie's side) and when they started this, everyone except me sat down. I started yelling for everyone to stand up, that this was GREAT, and when I looked up, Mick was looking right at me with a look which said "I KNOW - what the hell do they WANT?"

Two funny things about "Fool To Cry" - supposedly Keith fell asleep onstage during this song in 1976 (although that story may be right up there with the infamous Cherry-Picker Hi-jacking Incident for apocrypha)

AND

Once onstage Mick got the verses mixed up and sang -

"I put my daughter on my knee/
We make love so fine"

Daddy, what's WRONG?
03-30-02 02:31 PM
The Worst "Worried About You" is a masterpiece to me (see also my "Who Are You" post), but I too think, that "Fool To Cry" is awful.
03-30-02 06:12 PM
Jaxx there's one or two on every CD i seem to blow by. it depends on my mood. if i'm road raging i always bypass the mellow ballads or spacey tunes like gomper, continental drift, feel on--those kind of tunes.
03-30-02 11:46 PM
quackenbush Tracks I skip:

Anybody Seen My Baby
Memory Motel (No Security)
Love is Strong
brand New Car
Suck on the Jugular
Blinded by Rainbows
Baby Break It Down

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.