ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today�s header Return to archive
03-28-02 01:35 AM
TT Imagine that fat and sweaty guy on stage with the Stones!

Hey, Ronnie-haters, it�s not just the music (btw, Taylor is not your young Sticky Fingers guy anymore)it has got something to do with the looks, too.

Ronnie is my man!

Neue Seite 1

03-28-02 02:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl well, i don't care too much about the look TT, but since there ain't a photo, a jam or a recording with a any combination of

Jones-Taylor
Jones-Wood
Wood-Taylor

If you have one or know about one, PLEASE LET US KNOW!!! (The late John Phillips recordings "half-stoned" or Tattoo You do not apply as they were not together at the same time)

So what about BOTH there! What about bringing Mac? Darryl rocks, the best live side man, but Bill you gotta be there someway, someshow, anyhow, anywhere... well just my imagination!
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
03-28-02 03:04 AM
gypsy Ugh! If we're going to talk about looks...Ronnie is no pretty boy, that's for sure...that poor daughter of his inherited that schnozz...hideous...And, it's not about looks, it's about the music...
03-28-02 03:36 AM
moy
quote:
TT wrote:
Imagine that fat and sweaty guy on stage with the Stones!

can't imagine but i wish it! bring him back on the 40th anniversary!!!!!

and of course woody!

woody and taylor what a fucking mix!
03-28-02 08:13 AM
nankerphelge Its about the looks and the music, and also the attitude.

Mick had the music, and so does Ronnie but in a different versatile way (if he can still do it)

Mick did not have the look or attitude. Ronnie has both -- pretty boy he ain't but the whole band isn't pretty boy -- the whole band is skinny and ugly and Ronnie fits in.

Plus Ronnie acts like a Rolling Stone -- from humping the Canadian PM's wife to drinking entirely too much. That's why he fits better.
03-28-02 08:41 AM
Mathijs VoodooChileInWOnderland: Ronnie's solo album "I've Got My Own Album To do" features several tracks with both Keith, Ron and Raylor on guitar. Secondly, At the Kansas City, December 14 1981 show Taylor jams with Ron and Keith and all tracks from Let Me Go until Little T&A. Taylor's lead guitar can be heard really well, and is excellent on Beast of Burden, Time is on MY Side and YCAGWYW.

Mathijs
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review

URL: http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/
E-Mail: [email protected]

Bootlegs for Sale
The Lowdown on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews
Brussels Affair 1973
Vinyl Gang Productions / The Swingin' Pig
----------------------------------------------------------------
03-28-02 09:18 AM
Joey Today's header picture is a thing of pure beauty . The only thing more beautiful is the vibrato crying out from his Axe .

" Hit Me Out of the Band Ronnie "

Joey , C10

03-28-02 09:45 AM
FPM C10 [quote]Joey wrote:
Today's header picture is a thing of pure beauty . The only thing more beautiful is the vibrato crying out from his Axe .

It's awful early in the day to be DRUNK, Joey - and if today's header picture is "a thing of pure beauty" , you've clearly got your beer goggles on.

Once, on my third and final attempt to climb K2, I made the mistake of keeping my Snickers bars in my sleeping bag and was nearly mauled by a ferocious hungry Yeti. Today's header almost made me jump out of my skin in terror - it is the spitting image of that fierce hairy beast!

He, too, was a thing of pure beauty.
03-28-02 10:04 AM
Jumacfly Hi
where can I find this bootleg??
is it a soundboard or audience record??
did MT played on others tour dates in 1981??
what s the result,how does it sound?? ??

Cheers
03-28-02 10:24 AM
Maxlugar I've ALWAYS got my Vibrato Goggles on.

Oh my God! Poem alert! Go!

Mick Taylor's Fingers:

They make me quiver
When they deliver
I cry a River
With my gin Soaked liver
Whilst the notes, they slink and slither ...............

Maxlugar, From the Black Box Posts collection.

Thanks!

Max "I've got that extra giddy-up today" Lugar.
03-28-02 10:37 AM
sandrew Ugh, the podge, the sweat. Could you imagine the chorus of ridicule from the press hacks if he were back in the fold? They wouldn't stop at "Geritol Tour."
03-28-02 10:50 AM
Maxlugar I'll tell you EXACTLY how it would go in the press:

".....and then Mick Taylor, looking a bit heavier and sweating quite a bit, played the most beautiful guitar solo I have ever heard on You Can't Always Get What You Want. The slide work and precision was simply breath taking. THIS is what Stones fans have been missing since 1974. The world of Rock and Roll has just received a much needed boost. Near the end of his solo, I saw Ron Wood slowly take off his guitar and place it at Taylor's feet. He then slowly walked out of Madison Square Garden, head bowed. It is rumored he jumped off the 59th St. bridge an hour later but at press time this could not be confirmed."

Maxy!

03-28-02 12:59 PM
~AzQb

...i TRIED to tell you he was about to enter TwinkieREhab....

; )
03-28-02 02:03 PM
Mother baby How about that fat sweaty guitar going down over your head with Sticky Fingers holding the frets?
03-28-02 02:08 PM
Joey Was Mick Taylor really in an episode of " OZ " last season ????????

Damn , I missed it .
03-28-02 04:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
VoodooChileInWOnderland: Ronnie's solo album "I've Got My Own Album To do" features several tracks with both Keith, Ron and Raylor on guitar. Secondly, At the Kansas City, December 14 1981 show Taylor jams with Ron and Keith and all tracks from Let Me Go until Little T&A. Taylor's lead guitar can be heard really well, and is excellent on Beast of Burden, Time is on MY Side and YCAGWYW.

Hey Mathjis, you're absolutely right, it was late nigth when I posted yesterday, LOL

BTW, they also jammed together on January 18, 1989 during the all star jam after they were inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.