ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith on the new Steven Tyler solo album Return to archive
03-26-02 02:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl From Le Club des Stones, as posted below by Jumacfly some threads below http://novogate.com/board/968/60682-1.html

25 mars 2002 - Steven Tyler veut collaborer avec Keith
Apr�s une tourn�e de 8 mois aux Etats-Unis et au Japon, le groupe Aerosmith vient
d'enregistrer de nouvelles chansons, qui seront disponibles sur la BO du film Spider
Man. De plus Steven Tyler travaille sur un album solo pour lequel il voudrait collaborer
avec Keith Richards, Flea des Red Hot Chili Peppers, Johnnie Johnson et Alison
Krauss (source: Reuters).

Steven Tyler wants to work with Keith. After a 8 months tour in the United States and Japan, Aerosmith i going to record new songs, which will be available on the sountrack of the film "Spiderman"

Steven Tyler is working on a new solo album for which he would like to work with Keith Richards, Flea of Red Hot Chile Peppers, Johnnie Johnson and Alison Krauss (source: Reuters).
03-26-02 02:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Besides Flea, Tyler's wish list of collaborators includes Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, veteran pianist Johnnie
Johnson and bluegrass musician Alison Krauss, whom Tyler has spent a lot of time with recently.

For more check this site http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020325/music_nm/aerosmith__feature__1
03-26-02 05:22 PM
Jaxx Reuters

Aerosmith working on diverse projects

Dean Goodman

Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 18:00 JST
LOS ANGELES � The train keeps a-rollin' for Aerosmith, the bad boys of American rock 'n' roll, who are working on a slew of projects before returning to the concert circuit in the fall.

The veteran quintet, which wrapped up an eight-month tour of North America and Japan in early February, said last week that it will be the subject of MTV's second annual mtvICON tribute concert in Los Angeles next month.

Country rocker Kid Rock, rapper Nelly and pop singer Pink were the first to commit to the show, which will be taped at a Hollywood movie studio on April 14 and air on April 17 on the music cable network.

Singer Steven Tyler and lead guitarist Joe Perry told Reuters in separate interviews the band also has recorded new songs for a greatest-hits album in the summer and the upcoming "Spiderman" film. Other plans include a visit to Japan in June to play at a World Cup soccer match and revived plans to make a blues album.

"A band isn't a band unless they're playing together," said Perry, 51. "Otherwise it's just five guys that are living off their royalty checks."

The checks have poured in since Aerosmith regrouped in the late 1980s from the excesses of drugs and ego that cut short its initial run of success in the 1970s, a time when the band rocked the charts and arenas with such hits as "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion."

"I don't know whether we're making up for lost time, but we floundered along for so long, and then we lost everything from those insidious '80s when the rug was pulled out from under our feet from being the rebels that we so loved to be," said Tyler, who turns 54 on March 26.

"I thought I was going to grow up and be an ex-con. Here I am an icon!"

Rounded out by rhythm guitarist Brad Whitford, 50, bassist Tom Hamilton, 50, and drummer Joey Kramer, 51, Aerosmith has indeed reached a new generation of fans through ballads like "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" and such trademark saucy ditties as "Love In An Elevator."

Tyler and Perry, sometimes known as the Toxic Twins but now very much sober, also are working on projects aside from the band. Tyler is seriously thinking of raising $20 million so he can fly to the International Space Station, write a song there and perform it for a global audience.

"Every bit of this life is a dream, and to make dreams come to true, that's what I do," he said.

He also wants to follow in the footsteps of Perry and Whitford by recording a solo album. He feels that tunes he records at home, he said, lose some of their spark when he brings them to the band to perform.

"It just affords you to do things you can't do with the band. If I went out and wrote a song with Flea (of the Red Hot Chili Peppers), who's going to play the bass when I bring it to my band? I'd rather have Flea on it."

Besides Flea, Tyler's wish list of collaborators includes Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, veteran pianist Johnnie Johnson and bluegrass musician Alison Krauss, whom Tyler has spent a lot of time with recently.

Chili peppers also figure in Perry's plans, literally. The lifelong chile aficionado will launch a line of hot sauces, called "Joe Perry's Rock Your World Hot Sauce" in the next month. The logo will feature a flaming skull.

"There's a lot of closet hot sauce fans out there," Perry said. "I've been a fan forever. I can remember being 12 and being the only one that would go for the mustard and Tabasco."

Aerosmith always has possessed an entrepreneurial flair, and was an initial investor in the House of Blues chain. Perry and Tyler own a restaurant in their Boston hometown, while Whitford operates an indoor race track in the city.

On the music front, Aerosmith has recorded a new song called "Bad Enough" for the keenly awaited "Spiderman" movie, which opens in North America on May 3. The band received a huge boost a few years ago when its ballad "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" was included on the "Armageddon" soundtrack.

Perry, a comic book buff, wrote the theme music for a "Spiderman" cartoon a few years ago and even has a Spiderman guitar. The film soundtrack is still being put together, and the band does not know whether its song will make the cut.

That song, along with "Girls of Summer" and "Climbing the Walls," was recorded earlier this month during a band retreat in Hawaii. The tunes will probably see the light of day on the upcoming hits record, due out in June or July even though the band's former Geffen Records label released a 2-CD compilation, "Young Lust: The Aerosmith Anthology," just last November.

The blues record was first proposed about five years ago by Columbia Records, Aerosmith's current and original label, and the project took on new urgency after Tyler and Perry heard a tribute album "Sweet Emotion: Songs of Aerosmith," featuring artists performing blues renditions of the band's tracks.

"There's gonna be stuff that'll sound like classic blues, and we'll probably pay homage to some of that," said Perry. "But I also think there's gonna be a little experimenting in there that we haven't done in a long while."

Details about the soccer performance in Japan are sketchy, but Perry was looking forward to it because his knowledge of the game, he said, extends only as far as news reports about hooligans. (Reuters News)

03-26-02 05:25 PM
Tom Happy Birthday Steven Tyler
03-26-02 05:28 PM
Jaxx an afterthought:

i wish the stones would play with themselves instead of with everyone else...
03-26-02 10:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
an afterthought:

i wish the stones would play with themselves instead of with everyone else...

The idea of Keith playing with Stephen Tyler is a lot like that album Jimmy Page did with David Coverdale. Good for nothing except pissing off your REAL lead singer.
03-27-02 02:32 AM
MarthaMyDear

I'd like Aerosmith AND the Stones to ALL play with themselves with me watching... HE!!! HE!!! Nevermind...

*** Martha ***
03-27-02 02:37 AM
MarthaMyDear Happy birthday, Steven!!! I think a Tyler/Richards collaboration would ROCK, but I do agree with Jaxx... Let's get this friggin' tour started!!! SHIT!!!

*** Martha ***
03-27-02 04:34 PM
The Worst Keith's and Steven's revenge for Joe's appearance on Mick's last solo album? BTW, should I ever listen to the music of Aerosmith on purpose, it will be, when I need an emetic...
03-27-02 04:53 PM
patioaintdry Keith has in the past played with such artists as Tom Waits, George Jones, Ziggy Marley, Peter Tosh, Johnnie Johnson and Scotty Moore (and I'm missing some, obviously).

Steven Tyler? I don't think so. He did Phantom, Rocker and Slick in the 80's already.
03-27-02 05:26 PM
MarthaMyDear I hope they do play together... That way I can listen to it in my brand, new car BLASTED at top volume (the way I'm listening to Goddess right now)... TEE!!! HE!!! HE!!! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.............. :P

CHEERIO!!!
*** Martha ***

P.S. (But, I want a Stones tour first, of course...)
03-27-02 07:47 PM
Gazza "A band isn't a band unless they're playing together," said Perry, 51. "Otherwise it's just five guys that are living off their royalty checks."

I know of a few guys who could do with bearing thos words in mind!
03-28-02 07:08 AM
MarthaMyDear I was thinking the same thing when I read that, Gazza... Actually, you should enter that "biggest Stones fan contest" when/if that happens during the tour (the one that's in the Power Point presentation)... I think you'd win, IMO!!! Have a great weekend, oh fellow Gemini!!!

*** Martha ***
03-28-02 12:53 PM
~AzQb

This is the biggest laugh i've had all morning. Just can't stop. I'm laughing so hard i'm tearing up and need a tissue quite badly.

Ahhhhhh....just the thing to make Mick crap his nappies ; )

~
03-28-02 09:39 PM
MarthaMyDear What??? lol........................... :P Well, Mick needs to get off his shitty nappies and start recording with the Stones, fer Christ's sakes!!! lol........... LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!! DAMN!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (But, wait until I've saved a good amount of bread... Just increased the car insurance... Shit... lol............. :P
03-28-02 09:47 PM
Mother baby Today, Keith can't play his way out of a wet paper bag.

I was going to delete this post but having reconsidered, since it's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever posted Id' better leave it up for posterity...Hall of Fame of dumb posts or something.
[Edited by Mother baby]
03-28-02 09:58 PM
~AzQb

WHAT ?! It seems we've got a bit of water in our ears today ? Could it be one hasn't "shaken" it loose today ?
I suggest a hearing test !!!

If'n you only KNEW ; )
{He actually sounds better than ever, and you all shall hear this as the "basement tapes" surface, Mick kicks it back with his band, and the accepted collaborations are released. There's much material-- both old& quite new-- which will have you shaking her head in amazement that you ever posted such a thing ; )

Seriously. The man is practising continuously. Writing. Working. Nonstop. He's just waiting for Mick to "get it all out"-- this solo crap outta his system. With the dismal sales both here in the states and England, it shan't be too long, ducky.

You'll see~

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.