ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: players for the next stones tour Return to archive
03-23-02 05:38 PM
padre A late comment on the "fire Woody" -discussion. As you all know the superb Black Crowes broke up late last year (or went to "hiatus"). There should be plenty of excellent players for the Stones to choose from for their next tour. At least give boot to Mr. Leavell and take The Crowes' keyboardist, he'd be perfect for the job. And if you wanna replace Woody, then how about Marc Ford? Listen to Southern Harmony And Musical Companion and imagine Marc with The Stones. Awesome!!!
03-24-02 06:07 AM
TT Once again to all you RONNIE-HATERS:

Ronnie is my man. If he leaves, he takes me with him.
That might be no problem for YOU but for ME. So he has to stay and PLAY!
03-24-02 07:02 AM
beer Replace Ronnie Wood with a fucking Black Crow??? Good Lord, I hope you're joking. This seems to be a very touchy subject with everyone. The Ronnie debate. I have faith in Ronnie and I think he will make the doubters eat their words. But at the same time, I would love to see M.T. rejoin and have the three guitarists play some fucking Rock and Roll together, seeing as it's a celebration of 40 years of incredible music that they all had a part in.
03-24-02 07:44 AM
padre I didn't see that Ronnie-debate 'till yesterday, so I'm sorry I'm a bit late for this discussion. But after reading those comments I spent 5 hours watching Stones-gigs from 1975 to B2B tour. Ronnie's playing is really getting worse every year. His licks in Knebworth-76 was really beautiful (great stuff on Wild Horses) and seeing the Japan gig from Voodoo Lounge Tour straight after that...And that's not even a boot video, so The Stones must have been giving their best shot to cameras. The guy spends more time bending his face than the strings! I'm not a Ronniehater, I'd just wish he'd get his act back together.
03-24-02 01:19 PM
Stonesthrow For TT

On behalf of the rest of the known universe, it's been fun. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

03-24-02 05:27 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 a couple cool ideas if they were to use both ronnie and mick taylor is the songs torn and frayed and faraway eyes.

Torn and Frayed:
Mick Jagger: Vocals
Keith Richards: Acoustic Guitar and Vocals
Mick Taylor: Acoustic Guitar
Ron Wood: Pedal Steel Guitar
Charlie Watts: Drums
with possible extra personel
Daryl Jones: Bass
Chuck Levell: Piano
Eddie Harsch: Organ
Blondie Chaplin: Backing Vocals
Lisa Fischer: Backing Vocals
Bernard Fowler: Backing Vocals

Faraway Eyes:
Mick Jagger: Vocals and Piano
Keith Richards: Eletric Guitar and Vocals
Mick Taylor: Acoustic Guitar
Ron Wood: Pedal Steel Guitar
Charlie Watts: Drums
with possible extra personel
Daryl Jones: Bass
Chuck Leavell: Piano
Eddie Harsch: Organ
Blondie Chaplin: Backing Vocals
Lisa Fischer: Backing Vocals
Bernard Fowler: Backing Vocals
03-28-02 06:16 AM
corgi37 Now i agree with the replace Chuck Leavell sentiments. How long do we have to put up with his overblown crap during Honky Tonk Women? But, as for some guy from the Black Crowes joining the stones, i mean, how can a imitator join the originals? I think you'll find those guys playing Stones covers in a roadhouse in Tampa before too long. I mean, how long were the Black Crowes gonna impersonate the Stones circa 72 for anyway??? Ronnie is a Stone now. Has been for years. if he has a problem that the "fans" can notice, i'm sure the band would of spoken to him. Actually, listening to the Bridges DVD, can you even hear him?? Same with Voodoo video. I think he's just there for the comic relief. but what can they do? its getting a bit late in the game to get a new guitarist. Ohh, how they need Stu around. There would be none of this slacking off shit.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.