ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who are you? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-24-02 04:20 PM
Joey "Wait - did I know that before??? That is also the esteemed Cardinal X's birthday, and one day after mine. "

We gotta build a fire in the backyard to celebrate some year. We shall drink, and smoke, and drink, oil our bodies and dance like clowns! "

Damn Straight My Brother.......
No one can Dance like a Clown like young Boy Joey .....especially when the Booze Jackass Index is running very High .

Fleabit , I hope you have bought your WHO Tickets already ????? The " Compleat Pete " waits for you and wants to show off his " Tap Tap Tap " technique .

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey

J. Joeyfly ( The Joey , C10 )

03-24-02 05:20 PM
JaggaRichards

a) born/year/country
b) Stones fan since
c) Best album
d) best song
e) number of Stones shows
f) first Stones show
g) last stones show
h) best Stones show
i) Stones show you would love to have attended
j) biggest disappointment (Stoneswise)
k) biggest hope for 2002

A-1953, Ct. USA
B-1964 (saw them on 'The Clay Cole Show'--that did it for me!)
C-Let It Bleed
D-Gimme Shelter
E-only 30
F-MSG, July 1972
G-Hartford '99, second show.
H-MSG, '72
I-New Haven Arena, 1965
J-not getting down to Toads Place in NH in time to get inside. Had to stand in the street and listen.
K-The Stones kick musical ass and show everyone why they're the BEST!!!!
03-25-02 01:03 PM
luxury1 Born '64--Newburgh, NY--USofA

Stones maniac since Goats Head Soup--'73/74 ?
Best album -Exile

Best song--changes with the mood--Gimme Shelter and Sympathy for the Devil are the best live. Also any obscure bluesy numbers they might surprise us with--like "I Got the Blues"

8 shows and I'm just gittin' started.

Last show--Hartford, CT March 99

Best show is always the last one I've seen.

Would have loved to have attended ALL their shows--The Stones are my religion

1981-Hartford, CT--Mick's voice was gone--he was just speaking the words, but I still managed to get so coked up, etc, that I got myself thrown out!! Some lovely cop outside the Arena took pity on a poor sniveling girl, and brought me back in to stand right next to Ronnie's side of the stage. Happy ending after all--until I couldn't find my ride home, but that's another story.

BIggest hope for 2002--going broke following the band up and down the East Coast--unless, after I sleep with Mick, he pays for my airfare and tix.
03-25-02 01:44 PM
Jacques a) born/year/country
Ouf !!! (it's a French expression) I'm not the oldest. 1954 January. France.
b) Stones fan since
I grew up with them. But I was also Beatles lover (!!!!). Fan since Let it Bleed, but my wife is a first years fan.
c) Best album
Difficult to choose, Exile
d) best song
Sympathy for the devil and Paint it Black and a lot of blues songs. Too difficult choice
Only 2
f) first Stones show
In Hyde Park beginning of 70's with the Who, I can't remember the year. (very short show)
g) last stones show
Paris 1998
h) best Stones show
No choice
A lot. Forthworth
Not to be interested sooner.
k) biggest hope for
Year 200x ? to attend a show in France !!!!!!! or in Europe with my wife ... (I don't want to say why). Hope they'll give us more and more pleasure and get pleasure for themselves.
Meet Jaxx ... Gazza and Voodoo and, welcome them at home and go to Nellcote together.
03-25-02 02:24 PM
Helmut a) born/year/country

1968 Berlin

b) Stones fan since

1978 Somegirls

c) Best album

Sticky Fingers

d) best song

Brown Sugar

f) first Stones show

Mungersdorferstadion, Cologne July 1982

g) last stones show

Mungersdorferstadion, Cologne June 1999

h) best Stones show

Mungersdorferstadion, Cologne June 1999

Altamont

The fans complaining about Mick Jagger sales when the album is one of the best ever

k) biggest hope for 2002

Tour
03-25-02 03:27 PM
winter a) born/year/country - 1971 - U.S. (Providence, RI)
b) Stones fan since ('79 - first Stones memory is seeing the Stones on Solid Gold, convinced my parent to get me the album, picked up hot rocks and some girls soon thereafter)
c) Best album - Exile
d) best song - three way tie - lovin cup, winter and moonlight mile
e) number of Stones shows - ( Steel Wheels - 1 (Miami), Voodoo Lounge - 2 (Philadelphia, Foxboro), Bridges to Babylon -3 (Foxboro and 2 MSG shows (1st and 3rd)), No Security - 2 (both Boston)
f) first Stones show - Seel Wheels, Miami
g) last stones show 2nd Boston No Security Show
h) best Stones show - 3rd show at MSG on Bridges Tour
i) Stones show you would love to have attended - last show of the '81 tour - Hampton, VA?
j) biggest disappointment (Stoneswise)- the Harlem Shuffle
k) biggest hope for 2002 - varying set lists each night and more obscure tunes

03-25-02 03:31 PM
Gazza >Meet Jaxx ... Gazza and Voodoo and, welcome them at home and go to Nellcote together.

Well thank you..and one out of the three of us is certainly available (if only I can persuade the other two to do what I did in 99 and cross the Atlantic to hook up together for a couple of shows!!)

I've seen the Stones in Paris in 1990,1995 and 1998 (thanks to Christian Fiot!) and hopefully I'll see them there in 2003.

I was in Villefranche-sur-mer for a day in 1999 when I was on holiday in Nice but couldnt find Nellcote...I read an interview with Anita Pallenberg in John Perry's book about the making of "Exile on main street" that the villa was burned down a few years ago,so that would explain a lot! Is this true?
03-25-02 04:55 PM
swapwoodfortaylor (a) 1955 UK
(b) 1962
(c) First
(d) JJF
(e) 30?
(f) 29th Sept 1965 (first sitting) Shrewsbury (England)
(g) Last tour. Ooops, can't remember. (Altzeimers?)
(h) 29th Sept 1965
(i) MSG Ya-Yas
(j) Jones' death
(k) Tour : Taylor in, Wood out, Current bass out, Wyman
in and sufficient serious pre tour guitar rehearsals!
03-25-02 07:34 PM
Zanck Born/country`1961-USA

Stones fan since~late '71-early`72

Best Album~Exile

Best song~ B.Sugar(close behind
Rocs Off-All d/t/Line-JJ.flash-Rip this joint
and I love Starfucker its way up there "bring it back 2002/3"

First Stones show~
MSG.'75 tha' lotus stage!

Last Stones show
MSG. first B2B nite

Best Stones show~
without a doubt my #1 all time ever
fave concert
'78 Nyc the Palladium

Stones show(s) I wish I'd seen~

Any '72'73 shows
followedby any '69 shows
followed by any '63'64 shows!

Biggest disappointment~

well, blowing $250 on counterfeit tixs for '81 show-its not the money you see its not seeing the show....

but from the Stones themselves,
Though I can't complain but '78 had no large NY area shows and '81 only 2 area (Msg) nights!?

Hopes in 2002~
Rock hard - a new album-and please don't try and win over the teeny boppers with any slickness
Rock hard you old bastards lol
03-25-02 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
k) biggest hope for
Year 200x ? to attend a show in France !!!!!!! or in Europe with my wife ... (I don't want to say why). Hope they'll give us more and more pleasure and get pleasure for themselves.
Meet Jaxx ... Gazza and Voodoo and, welcome them at home and go to Nellcote together.

That was very nice from you Jacques, after more than 4 years knowing each other and trading things, I think it's time to meet in person. It's also one of my wishes, to meet you and all of you, and OF COURSE my best stones-related whish to be rocking Nellcote... fuck!!! I thing that a lot of Energy remains there (if already exists)

BTW, I have not replied this thread properly lol but I have a profile at this location (with a topless pic) http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/profile.htm

Anyway I'm gonna try
03-26-02 06:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was in Villefranche-sur-mer for a day in 1999 when I was on holiday in Nice but couldnt find Nellcote...I read an interview with Anita Pallenberg in John Perry's book about the making of "Exile on main street" that the villa was burned down a few years ago,so that would explain a lot! Is this true?

Well, I've been there summer 1994, indeed not too easy to find near the small road along the coastline. Just took some pix outside the gates, there were lots of trees blocking my view a great deal. But the thought of Stones Bible History was exciting though, fantasy is important.
I don't know if it burnt down, never heard that one... Anyone?
03-26-02 06:44 PM
Maxlugar I heard that there was a fire there but didn't hear it completely burnt down. It was one of those little blurbs you see tucked way in the news in Rolling Stones.
03-26-02 07:59 PM
FPM C10 [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:

>Yeah, Blues Traveller opening for the Stones stands as my #1 most unfortunate veiwing of a band of all time.

I didn't like them either (in Philly) but they were so much better than either Journey ('81) or Foreigner ('78) or Lionel Ritchie and the friggin' Commodores (!!) ('75). I could go on and on... they need to forget about opening acts this time!

>Totally blew a gasket during the second stage -- had never heard the band actually sound like . . . you know . . . THAT before. Danced so hard I think other people thought I might have an epileptic fit.

The first time I saw a B-stage performance _I_ thought I was going to have an epileptic fit!! Me and Cardinal X's seats were close to the B-stage, but close to Woody's side, so I went over to Keith's side. It was a freaking DREAM COME TRUE. I made it to the B-stage at 5 shows in the next two years. Unbelievable.

>Everyone around me used me as a guide to know how well things were going --

Ha ha! That sounds like ME at most shows. At the Meadowlands in '97 I was calling tunes too - I knew they were going to do "Starfucker" because Mick started singing it during IORR - and there were some novices in front of me who were very impressed. When they did "Love In Vain" they looked back at me, and, seeing my eyes rolling back in my head, KNEW that it was as much of a godsend as it seemed to be.

>That show was just epic.

Here's to many more epic shows!

03-27-02 04:08 AM
stonedinaustralia well this should be interesting...

in a cross-fire hurricane/'58/Loxton South Australia

always liked them since the first i heard them 64/65...and it's only gotten bigger from there

Exile or Ya Ya's

no hope answering this question

only show I've seen Adelaide '95...

not seeing Adelaide '73 when they were only minutes away will always be a huge loss to me

if I could have been there? El Macombo has no peer. I'm trempted to say Altamont but the psychic/karmic rip-tide of shit that a statemnent like that could inspire is too much to think about let alone bear so i'll say new york city 1969 or '72

Biggest disappointment? Stu going... you knew it was the end of something - as time would ultimately tell... Not meeting keith yet...Emotional Rescue (after SG they could have done so much as the out-takes show)

hope for 2002? peace love and understanding (hey?! what's so funny)

...well... that wasn't too bad after all considering i like questionares as much as i like standing in lines

thats who i am... pleased to know the rest of you...

03-27-02 11:54 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
TT wrote:
a) born/year/country
b) Stones fan since
c) Best album
d) best song
f) first Stones show
g) last stones show
h) best Stones show
k) biggest hope for 2002

a) October,1973/Canada
b) Emotional Rescue was a gift from my folks when it was released. My current state - 89/90.
c) Sticky Fingers
d) many
e) 3
f) 3rd December, 1994 (Toronto)
g) 25th February, 1999 (Toronto)
h) same as (g)
i) Knebworth: 21st August, 1976.
j) not going to Hartford in '99 to meet Gazza, Jaxx & Voodoo Chile!
k) an affordable Toronto ticket

Cheers!
03-27-02 12:38 PM
Miss U. StonedinAustralia do I know u ?
03-27-02 01:28 PM
Jacques Hi Gazza and Angiegirl, and all
quote:

I asked some friends, we have not heard about burning down. On this site you can find some 1995 pictures of the house and park
The Robbiestone Site

House address is Villa Nellc�te, rue Louise Bordes, Villefranche sur mer.

A few weeks ago Thierry explained how to go there, I think he gave the way in French, I can translate it if some of you are interested in. As Angiegirl wrote it's difficult to find, Thierry worked hard to find it.
I personaly have not been there.
03-27-02 03:33 PM
Gazza I'd appreciate that for future reference - thanks

I understand Tina Turner also has a home above Villefranche too
03-27-02 10:38 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Jacques wrote:

i'd like nothing more than to meet you and go to Nellcote. i've always wanted to check it out. thanks for the great sentiment. the best invitation i've had in a very long time, mon ami. Mais je parl francais tres mal....
03-28-02 05:29 AM
corgi37 a)born: sept 11, 63, Melbourne, Australia
b)Knew of them. Miss You got me. Then 12 of Miss You, borrowed Goats head Soup form sister. mmm, like them. Got box set for xmas 78. Heard Gimme, sympathy, midnight. Well, hooked.
c) Exile & sticky Fingers
d) only 1??? J.J. Flash, Love in Vain from yaya's
e)sadly, 1
f) Mcg, Melbourne, March 1995 (Saw Jagger solo twice in 88. 1 at pub gig, other at stadium show).
g) as above
h) as above (mcg show)
I)has to be 3. Madison square 69, New York 75, Hampton Roads 81.
j)Lack of love for fans. Now just a part time band. lack of new release for nearly 5 fucking years!! Too many "greatest hits" without alternative versions. Too many Live albums. HOT STUFF AND FOOL TO FUCKING CRY ON GREATEST HITS. Continual snubbing of Australia (after all, 3rd largest selling english speaking market). Lack of promotion of band (they need Pete Rudge back), No DVD's available, lack of free concerts extravaganzas (am i right in saying there have been only 2; Altamont, and was Nicaragua a free show?).
k)2 free shows. 1 in Central Park with all star supports from all their influences/friends. Just to show they aint scared of nobody. Crowd could be 2 million. Bo Diddley, Little Richard, The Who, reformed Guns & Roses, Various reggae acts, Springsteen, etc etc. Also free show in Hyde Park ala 69. Either way, just a tour of Oz and a new cd. Hey, they did Steel Wheels in quick time. What about a new record ala The Who's "Odds and Sods"? Who wants "Cocksucker Blues" finally released? What about "Claudine"? Beats Hot Stuff and She was Hot!!!!!!! But, they dont give a fuck about us anymore. jagger's too busy banging strippers in Paris, Keith has been as silent as Harpo Marx, Ronnie is, er, Ronnie, and i dont think Charlie wants to tour again.
03-28-02 01:05 PM
~AzQb [quote]Miss U. wrote:
a) born/year/country
67 day before release of BTButtons/Canada/Capricorn, Leo Ascendant, Mercury & Venus in Aquarius...

Darlin', nobody asked for yer astrological shite! Not to be offensive {in the least-- esp. since we've made such sweet amends} but honey, that shite really pisses me off. Like Cleo the bullshit psychic. Keep it to yerself, even if'n you believe it. {Or don't. Spill it on yer OWN message board,really .} But still...the question wasn't asked, you know ? That's like asking one's religion, really, and it has no place on a message board ; )

Love to ya, darlin! Keep it up ; )

~
03-28-02 01:17 PM
TomL 1958/USA
Some Girls
YCAGWYW
Buffalo 81
June 12 & 13th Wembley 99
All of them
Shepards Bush, missed it by one day, rats
That comes when the final show comes
To go STONES CRAZY and see at least 6 to 10 shows
03-28-02 01:24 PM
Maxlugar Hey Corgi,

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

I have three DVD's: Gimme Shlter, At the Max and B2B PPV show.

Maybe not in Australia though.

Hey you were at that pub show of Mick in '88? I have that video along with the show at the bigger place. Not bad for a solo show.

Your Kangarooless American friend who drinks a lot of Fosters,

Maxy.
03-28-02 03:58 PM
Miss U. AZQB, guess you should also be outraged with Nanker for posting he's an Aries in this same thread.

Astrology isn't a religion. Didn't mean to offend.
03-28-02 04:10 PM
nankerphelge Yeah mine was intended as a joke - pure and simple.

Why's everyone so fucking edgy lately?

03-28-02 04:14 PM
gypsy I've noticed that too, nanky...everyone seems really uptight...and, they're being hateful to one another...just try to respect everyone...and, Miss U, it doesn't bother me in the least about you posting your astrology info...I don't understand why it would bother anyone at all...it's not as if it took up a bunch of space...
03-28-02 10:15 PM
~AzQb

ahhh....nobody's being intentionally "hateful"-- why, quite the contrary. People just have differing ways of expressing themselves, some get excited; nobody means any harm, reallly.

Some touchy things get called on, but big fucking deal. Life goes on, and all seem friends here; of a truth i've never seen boards CALMER {!}

~
03-28-02 11:49 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Yeah, really...EDGY? After some of the crap I've been through at other places...this is as calm as a swimming pool early in the morning....and I'm glad for it!

I just wish people weren't so offended by titties. I think titties are the coolest things! Why if I had my own titties, I'd never leave the house!

The only astrology I believe in is the "full moon". When the full moon is out...someone blushes! HA!
03-29-02 01:00 AM
gypsy nothing wrong with a nice rack, eh?
03-29-02 11:22 AM
Joey ........or a nice Wolf Puss !
Page: 1 2 3

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.