ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ed Caraeff
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FIRE RONNIE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-12-02 05:11 PM
Gazza Theres actually two videos for Sex Drive - the clips of the band are the same in each,but the girls apparel is a bit different in each of them...

Theres a "cleaner" MTV friendly one,where the girls have their underwear ON...

..and one with a slightly different edit which I guess could be described as the "tits and muff" version...
03-12-02 06:41 PM
Maxlugar Ya know what? Wouldn't it be funny, after all this thread has been through, that for the 100th reply, it got back to a Fire Ronnie argument.

No?

Well I'D think it would be funny.....

But then, I'm the wierd one around here, so......

MAXY!

03-12-02 08:40 PM
SatisfactionUK As the founder of this post, it is my responsibility to redirect the argument to a fire Ronnie subject. I was listening to Love You Live this afternoon, and Ronnie is ON FIRE during sympathy especially but was excellent overall. I havent heard him like that in 10 years...its too far gone for him...Keith, you have to step it up a notch...Mick...its time for less backup singers and more effort...Charlie...doing good for the first 40 years...keep it up...RONNIE, YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
03-13-02 12:57 PM
Maxlugar Damn right it's your responsiblity! Thanks!

Now.

Yes Ronnie was great. Do you have the '76 Paris or Knebworth shows on video?
Ronnie is just amazing on them. Wild Horses brings me to tears. His playing was so fluid and natural.

What is going on with him now? Actually I think it's the music itself and the Stones preference. I just don't think they like kick ass guitar anymore. It's that whole less is more bullshit.

I haven't heard it yet, but apparently Ronnie plays a hot guiatar solo on Little Wing off the Coors new album. The review I read said Ronnie "Channels Jimi's ghost".

Shiver!

Maxlugar - Est. 1995 (Probably October)
03-13-02 01:12 PM
moy the stones won't be the same without ronnie
03-13-02 01:43 PM
yellow1 "the stones won't be the same without ronnie"

exactly, they'll sound much better !
03-13-02 02:42 PM
moy could be of course, depending on who replace him, they could sound better but they won't sound like the stones fo the last 27 years and they won't have a stone image

just mention one candidate to replace him, sounding better and looking like a rolling stone, i mean fitting the stones profile of the last 40 years
03-13-02 09:05 PM
Joey My sources tell me that Mick Taylor is currently in the studio in Kingston Jamaica with Jagger and Richards cutting some rough demo's .

....And they are pretty reliable sources .
03-13-02 10:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Reply Number 100! LOL

If you read the last portion of your message:

....And they are pretty reliable sources .

-----------------------------
Chiba Chiba

Wow that chiba is really strong!
03-13-02 10:20 PM
SatisfactionUK You are just shitting us right? None of them get along with Taylor, especially Keith, and Mick said Taylor is good live but sucks in the studio. If Taylor really was recording with them I hope they put a lot of Reggae shit on the album.
03-14-02 01:29 AM
yellow1 well it's been said that Mick and Keith were writing in Jamaica writing new material so...
Maybe they've decided to include "Separately" and "Aladin Story" on "Tattoo You 2" so they've enlisted the help of Mick Taylor.
03-14-02 06:58 AM
Maxlugar I've always had the impression Mick and Charlie love Taylor.

I thought it was Keith who said Taylor is great live but sucks in the studio.

If Keith said that, he was more fucked up on drugs in the 70's than we all thought.

"Stick a Marshall amp up my ass and play the solo to Time Waits for No One, Ronnie!"

Oops sorry, you can't.

Mama mama Maxy!
03-14-02 01:24 PM
sway It seems to me that it is Keith who holds the grudge against Taylor not Jagger, Charlie, Bill or even Woody. It's seems pretty obvious that Keith felt threatened by Taylor's upstaging him during many live shows. I think he played a sort of psychological game on the young bloke making him feel insecure and unwanted when in truth he was becoming a major force in the band. Why else would Keith wipe tracks layed down by Taylor and humiliate him in front of others in the studio by criticizing his writing skills. Not to mention denying him songwriting credit (which Jagger is just as guilty of). In truth, Keith wanted someone like Woody who would play his songs, kiss his ass and not steal the show away from him.

03-14-02 02:47 PM
Joey 'In truth, Keith wanted someone like Woody who would play his songs, kiss his ass and not steal the show away from him. '

Ron Wood exists in the band solely to amuse Keith.....that is it .

Let me clue you in on a little secret . I have heard from a very very reliable source that Mick Taylor is currently writing songs with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards in Kingston Jamaica and that Taylor is all set to record tracks with the band again .

Hush Hush !!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!! Our little secret.

03-18-02 04:56 PM
The Worst What a surprise! Marc, I didn't know before, that "Cardinal Ximinez" was you. Pleased to meet you again on the Rocks Off board!
03-20-02 07:58 PM
The Worst I wonder, who would still say "Fire Ronnie" after listening to his playing on "Low Down" or "Gunface".
03-21-02 10:39 AM
ulfk Ronnie Wood.Fire him?The most versatile member of the band.
You must be joking.He is a true artist who expresses himself in many ways not least thru painting and is a superb guitarist but not that attached to it that he must go to bed with it having a much more relaxed attitude to it all.....and listen to his contributions...they can be heard...I have listen to almost all concerts during the B2B and NS tour and despite him mostly being kept too low in the mix it is there...he delivers the most delicate stuff....and on some Keith and him are equal in the mix for example from Vigo...and it is AMAZING...and a fun mistake VGP did on Canada Dry where Keith is almost totally deleted all thru you can study Ron in detail.And he plays!

But Ronnie wouldn't care being fired on the other hand.He is not dependent on the Stones.He does it so well on his own in many ways.

Ulf
03-21-02 01:13 PM
~AzQb

Ahhh....two pence here....

Agreed: Nothing cool about being a junkie. Something VERY cool about staying clean. And for that, whether a chip here or there, puts the "kool" in K.

As far as playing: No excuses. There IS back-up, whether in the studio (Blondie) or onstage (Said one& others}.But the man is experimenting in ways perhaps not too many are really familiar and/or comfortable with. There have been jazz excursions. There have been some really "out there" jams. Of the space kind, indeed. But that, again, is in the basement.

I don't make excuses when Keith "slides" in his playing, or at least i TRY to be objective about it. Sometimes i "let it go" from an extremely personal empathetic nature. Thank you for pointing out that sometimes we need to really "hear" instead of merely "here", by being "there". It is true that the excitement of a live show tends to blind one to what one is actually hearing.

I've heard you. I don't agree with some of the extracurricular "viciousness" detected; nor do i agree that Keith hopes "we don't notice". That in itself is crap. If anything, he'd prefer less arse kissing and more reality when he IS off, {say after the June 6 show a couple years' back when he was fairly drunk .}

THAT would bless him more than "any bouquet of roses", if'n you get me, baby ; )

~
03-22-02 06:03 PM
Joey Annie..............

Tonight when you and I chase the Dragon ,

the water MAY change to Cherry wine ,

and the Silver will turn to Gold ......

Time out of mind !!!!!!

Yeah , Baby........just you and me ! As it should be

Joey , C10

03-24-02 09:14 PM
SatisfactionUK Is Keith really on heroin again?
03-24-02 11:51 PM
quackenbush It is really too late in the game to fire Ronnie Wood, therefore he must die. Die Ronnie Wood.
03-25-02 12:53 AM
SatisfactionUK Thats brilliant!

Lets throw bottles of vodka on stage this time around!
03-25-02 09:48 AM
Mathijs >It seems to me that it is Keith who holds the grudge >against Taylor not Jagger, Charlie, Bill or even Woody. ?>It's seems pretty obvious that Keith felt threatened by >Taylor's upstaging him during many live shows. I think he >played a sort of psychological game on the young bloke >making him feel insecure and unwanted when in truth he was >becoming a major force in the band. Why else would Keith >wipe tracks layed down by Taylor and humiliate him in >front of others in the studio by criticizing his writing >skills. Not to mention denying him songwriting credit >which Jagger is just as guilty of). In truth, Keith wanted >someone like Woody who would play his songs, kiss his ass >and not steal the show away from him.

Damn, what a complete utter bullshit! Do you know anything about the Stones anyway?

Taylor has never upstaged keith, if you know anything about their musical relationship you know what bullocks that is. Keith has always inderstood why Taylor left (he has said so in various interviews and during the Live Aid Rehearsels with Ron and Bob Dylan you can him him explain it). He just knew Taylor wanted more than the Stones could offer him. But, Keith was indeed pissed that Taylor waited with leaving until one week before they started recording again. But, Keith could forgive, and HE was the one who invited Taylor on stage in Dallas, 1981. It was Keith he wanted to join Taylor on stage in 1986 and it was Keith who wanted Taylor for Talk is Cheap. Both Taylor and Keith have said they see eachother once in a year and they have a drink together.

Jagger is a completely different story. One of the main reasons Taylor left was because he felt betrayed by Jagger. They had recorded together throughout 1974 and built up a friendship. Taylor felt stabbed in the back when he found out that his name was nowhere to be found in the credits of IORR. Taylor left the Stones openly criticising Jagger for it (and again only one week before the Stones went into the studio again) and the fight has never completely ceased. Even today, Taylor never feels comfortable with Jagger around. The last time he saw Jagger was in 1999 when the Stones played Shepard Bush and Wembley and Taylor was invited (by Richards) to join them backstage. Taylor said that Jagger was very "aware" and "distant".

Mathijs
03-25-02 10:45 AM
SlackerZ "My sources tell me that Mick Taylor is currently in the studio in Kingston Jamaica with Jagger and Richards cutting some rough demo's . " by Joey
Joey is really true this? It would be great although i am against of firing ronnie! I like him a lot he is great!!
Maybe three guitars in this next world tour? Would be great, giving keith more time to do the backvocals in everysong!! and have live versions of connection with mick and without lisa and bernard (did you listening the live version of connection with micka and keith, too bad it were also bernard and lisa, we can't hear them fine. Well i like backup singers but not much, i would love to hear a really really HIGH!!keith in backvocals and really really low lisa's and bernards'backvocaling. But hey i love lisa in gimme shelters live version and other songs too. But well i prefer keith! keith rocks!! Maybe a live version of new faces with mick and just keith doing the backvocals like in the part of "..Have you already swallowed the bait
And you're gone" It would be great. And i would love to hear a live version of As tears goes by!! well i could keep mention tons of songs they never did, or they didn't do to much
Well See You Guys!! And keep on rolling!!!
03-27-02 05:36 PM
Joey My sources tell me Mick Taylor is going to play on certain dates of the upcoming tour .
03-28-02 08:40 AM
Scot Rocks If Mick T. comes in it happens and we all go wild however if it does not let us just remember that the Stones are touring and they still kick ass without Mick T. including Ronnie.

"And you can't always get what you want,
Honey, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, yeah,
You just might find you get what you need!!!!!!!!"

Page: 1 2 3 4

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.