ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stranded in omaha Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th April 2007 10:31 AM
pdog Please everyone, I need your prayers. My wife and oldest son are stuck in Omaha due to mechanical problems with their flight. My wife is beside herself... They have 6 hours until they can get out. If you thought Omaha is bad, the airport is the worst I've ever been in. They had to travel through Omaha to attend a funeral in Iowa. I told her about being Omaha'd and she wasn't amused, in fact, I beleive she may kill or divorce me when she gets home, regardless I need your good thoughts and prayers, to help give her the strength to get the fuck out of the asshole of america.
Thank you!
14th April 2007 10:34 AM
glencar A fate worse than death! My sympathies for your lovely wife & son. Perhaps the airport has an exciting mall? Yeah right!
14th April 2007 10:41 AM
LadyJane OH NO!!!!!!

Pdog, I will get out my rosary beads immediately.

Start packing your bags, my friend.
You are in BIG trouble.

LJ.
14th April 2007 10:42 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
A fate worse than death! My sympathies for your lovely wife & son. Perhaps the airport has an exciting mall? Yeah right!

Fuck that airport, they tried making me drink baby formula going through security there. It wasn't so much making me drink it, it was the retarded person working security. She weighed about 275, couldn't get her ass off a chair without grunting and breaking a sweat. So, I asked her, point blank, can you name any white liquid substance that would be a security risk or threat on a plane or in an airport. She got all pissy and said don't tell me how to do my job. I looked right back at her, smiled and said, I'm just not sure if you're qualified to protect me. This was back when Natl. Guard troops were still in the airports, there was two guys a few feet away, and I saw them smile and laugh, then get all serious again... I almost saluted them...
14th April 2007 10:42 AM
glencar Howe far is it to drive from SF to Omahahahaha? There's a reason they call it flyover country!
14th April 2007 10:43 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Fuck that airport, they tried making me drink baby formula going through security there. It wasn't so much making me drink it, it was the retarded person working security. She weighed about 275, couldn't get her ass off a chair without grunting and breaking a sweat. So, I asked her, point blank, can you name any white liquid substance that would be a security risk or threat on a plane or in an airport. She got all pissy and said don't tell me how to do my job. I looked right back at her, smiled and said, I'm just not sure if you're qualified to protect me. This was back when Natl. Guard troops were still in the airports, there was two guys a few feet away, and I saw them smile and laugh, then get all serious again... I almost saluted them...

Please pdog, do NOT harass federal employees! We are under the gun these days! Although I think I'd have snickered too...
14th April 2007 10:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's time for Joey to come to your emotional rescue!
14th April 2007 10:46 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe far is it to drive from SF to Omahahahaha? There's a reason they call it flyover country!

Dead center between the coasts. What a nightmare!
14th April 2007 10:49 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please pdog, do NOT harass federal employees! We are under the gun these days! Although I think I'd have snickered too...

I was in a foul mood that day. It was like 7 degrees, and I was in the lamest city on the planet.
14th April 2007 10:49 AM
fireontheplatter america..the beautiful.
anywhere accept nebraska and kansas.
14th April 2007 11:00 AM
gimmekeef A fate worse than Bon Jovi.....I keep Brussels on my Ipod for emergencies such as this....
14th April 2007 11:02 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I was in a foul mood that day. It was like 7 degrees, and I was in the lamest city on the planet.

I can't believe I was THISCLOSE to flying in to Omahahaha to see the Stones. Glad I didn't!
14th April 2007 11:06 AM
pdog The good news is they've literally set up shop there. They made a tent/fort with some blankets, busted out the two laptops and my wife and son are chilling out. Only 4 hours to go. I hope they have a smooth trip home, they have to go to SLC and Boise before they get home to SF... Too many stops, and the storms yesterday have created delays and cancellations.
There's prisons eaiser to get of, than Omaha!
14th April 2007 11:19 AM
Lil Brian The Spring game is this afternoon in Lincoln. Kickoff is at 12:30. It's a beautiful day for football too. Go Big Red!
14th April 2007 12:22 PM
mojoman
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
It's time for Joey to come to your emotional rescue!

funny!!!
14th April 2007 05:47 PM
Joey " .... strength to get the fuck out of the asshole of america. "

14th April 2007 06:13 PM
mojoman to bad marlin perkins aint around to help
14th April 2007 06:47 PM
pdog great news, thanks to a small engine plane and clear sky's, my wife and oldest son are safely in SLC, the taint, if you will, of America!
I beleive they will be wheelbarrowed to Boise and sling shot to Calif.
14th April 2007 07:27 PM
GotToRollMe A very traumatic experience, to say the least.
Hope they get home safely...and soon!
14th April 2007 07:35 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
A very traumatic experience, to say the least.
Hope they get home safely...and soon!

They are hanging pretty tough. They've been up since 3 AM PST, and will be here at 9PM. That's 18 hours, and on the heels of a funeral...

I'm glad we all didn't go, as much as I wanted to pay my respects and all, this wouldn't have been fun with a cranky baby, my youngest son would've been pissed too.
14th April 2007 07:39 PM
Joey

-- "He is relentless...a relentless GENIUS!!! Long may The Joey and his keyboard live!!!", Steve Couzzo- Posting World Magazine.
14th April 2007 08:17 PM
5string king EXILE! Now!
14th April 2007 08:40 PM
pdog
quote:
5string king wrote:
EXILE! Now!

EXILE
ALWAYS!
14th April 2007 11:33 PM
sweetcharmedlife Omaha,there is no,there,there.
14th April 2007 11:40 PM
BILL PERKS OMAHA IS WHITE TRASH GHETTO-IMUS WOULD'NT EVEN FLY THERE
15th April 2007 11:15 AM
gimmekeef I'm actually sad this adventure is over..It was kinda like our own reality show...Pdog why didnt you make up some shit and add to the excitement?
15th April 2007 02:21 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I'm actually sad this adventure is over..It was kinda like our own reality show...Pdog why didnt you make up some shit and add to the excitement?

They lost the luggage... completely gone, like no fucking clue where it is...

a few years ago, my wife got locked inside a bathroom on a plane...

last year we watched some guy have a seizure on a flight...

We were on a flight from Australlia two years ago, it crashed on this island... I won't bore you with that...
15th April 2007 07:32 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
OMAHA IS WHITE TRASH GHETTO-IMUS WOULD'NT EVEN FLY THERE

Perks .......................................

15th April 2007 07:44 PM
Lil Brian 38-0 Red team! For a replay see the NFL network.
15th April 2007 07:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
38-0 Red team! For a replay see the NFL network.

Hello Lil' Brian ...........

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)