ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone ever met Mick Jagger? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
12th April 2007 12:58 PM
pdog We do love The Roling Stones sooo much...
LJ, I didn't know this story, made my day!
12th April 2007 12:58 PM
monkey_man
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
You gals are making me all weepy (go figure )

Almost 30 years ago and I can still picture his face vividly.

I would like to have seen MY face when he started strutting on the Couch in his suite!!!!!

MJ: "So 'ow did ya like the show, yesterday?"
LJ: "It was great, Mr. Jagger. I know you must hear this all the time, but we LOVE the Rolling Stones so so much."

O
M
G

LJ.

Spill the whole story for those who haven't heard it before!
12th April 2007 01:16 PM
LadyJane
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Spill the whole story for those who haven't heard it before!

wow...I keep forgetting that not everyone has heard this before.

I have to re-tell for the new posters.

I'll give you a condensed version:

Best friend followed him after concert (07/04/78) to Hotel.

We knew the room he and Jerry were in.

She calls and wakes me up to tell me news. Upon hearing news LJ screams so loud that neighbors run to see if she is hurt!!!!

We dress in our BEST clothes....didn't want to look like groupies.

Drove to Hotel and hunted down his bodyguard. Mind you, we are in heels and at one point picked the lock and were on the roof of hotel outside his Bedroom window. Two redheads...I don't know who was Lucy and who was Ethel.

Bodyguard told us we were too young to be "let" near him, but if we "happened" to be in the Hall at 4:15...well we'd run into him.

Bodyguard left for lobby...we knocked on his door...he peers through the chain..then LET US IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry had left on earlier flight.

Two 18 year olds completely awestruck. He knew it.

He asked how we enjoyed the concert, he jumped on the Couch and started strutting for us and we chatted for 20 minutes!!!

Got his autograph....

We were so naive...no cameras...not even a pen!!!!!!!!!

He signed our autographs in lipstick.

Girlfriend shows him pics of her trip to London where she ditched her group and went on Stones pilgrimage. Pics of she and her Mom outside of his schools, the house on Cheney Walk, etc.

He was quite impressed.

I finally thank him for his time and say "that we should leave".

His final words 'it's been my pleasure to meet two such lovely young ladies".

I nearly fainted.

And that was my brush with greatness.

07/05/78. Hotel still stands...and I've gone back and stood outside Suite 811.

Do I need to tell you that as I write this, tears are streaming down my face???

LJ.
12th April 2007 01:19 PM
deuce Holy shit, great story
12th April 2007 01:20 PM
pdog WOW! makes the teeth cleaning story really lame now!
12th April 2007 01:21 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Nope...we knew it.

12th April 2007 01:23 PM
Saint Sway thats such a great story!!!

he had much less personal chefs back then
12th April 2007 01:24 PM
LastChild beautiful story LJ!

sooo jealous...you lucky girl!!
12th April 2007 01:25 PM
monkey_man Thanks for sharing it. Classic story. . .lock picking and Jagger.
12th April 2007 01:29 PM
jaggergurl quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LadyJane wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Nope...we knew it.

and we luv ya for it... {{hugs}}
12th April 2007 01:32 PM
LadyJane And for those of you that were at ACII, you know what it meant to me to have my "partner in crime" surprise ME and fly from Florida to attend the show. Perhaps our last. It completed the circle.

Dammit...I can't stop crying.

I gotta get some work done here.

Now if I can just meet Keith!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

12th April 2007 01:34 PM
pdog ACII.... Where was AC1? {sigh!}
12th April 2007 01:37 PM
deuce i want to meet mick jagger
12th April 2007 01:38 PM
pdog
quote:
deuce wrote:
i want to meet mick jagger

He can be found in Europe this summer, say hello for me!
12th April 2007 01:40 PM
Saint Sway I robbed Mick Jagger.

I still feel a connection to him everytime I use his "Magic Bullet Juicer".
12th April 2007 01:51 PM
polytoxic Yep. Last day of rehearsals in Toronto in 2002.

First in the cafeteria/dining room. I got there right as everyone was coming in for dinner. I had my head down and was trying to make my way to the buffet.
I bumped into this dude and nearly knocked his plate of his hand. Looked up and I'm face to face with Mick Jagger. I just had a stunned moment, said "pardon" and walked around him. Later on, during the half time break I was chatting with Ron Wood by the cappucino maker, and he called Mick over and introducing me to him.
He smiled and and said "hi". Then Ron said "let's take a picture" and Mick sort of stood there biting his thumbnail losing interest and then walked away. Ron turned and made a funny face to me like "ooh, big shot!". But later Mick waved me into the floor and I got to sit on a couch right there in the room next to him and check out the dress rehearsal.
So that was pretty cool. It's not like we hung out, but it was the highlight of my rock'n'roll life.

[Edited by polytoxic]
12th April 2007 01:54 PM
Saint Sway buffet lunch????
12th April 2007 01:57 PM
monkey_man It's all Cohl could afford.
12th April 2007 01:58 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
WOW! makes the teeth cleaning story really lame now!

Don't sell short ... How many men can claim to have had their hands in Jagger's mouth? Actually, maybe we shouldn't go there!
12th April 2007 02:02 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

How many men can claim to have had their hands in Jagger's mouth?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
12th April 2007 02:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Yep. Last day of rehearsals in Toronto in 2002.

First in the cafeteria/dining room. I got there right as everyone was coming in for dinner. I had my head down and was trying to make my way to the buffet.
I bumped into this dude and nearly knocked his plate of his hand. Looked up and I'm face to face with Mick Jagger. I just had a stunned moment, said "pardon" and walked around him. Later on, during the half time break I was chatting with Ron Wood by the cappucino maker, and he called Mick over and introducing me to him.
He smiled and and said "hi". Then Ron said "let's take a picture" and Mick sort of stood there biting his thumbnail losing interest and then walked away. Ron turned and made a funny face to me like "ooh, big shot!". But later Mick waved me into the floor and I got to sit on a couch right there in the room next to him and check out the dress rehearsal.
So that was pretty cool. It's not like we hung out, but it was the highlight of my rock'n'roll life.

[Edited by polytoxic]

Very cool story!!
See...he's still a nice guy!!!

LJ.
12th April 2007 02:05 PM
polytoxic Buffet dinner. It was around 6pm. Same kind of setup as they have backstage at the Shebeen/Rattlesnake Inn etc. But in a pretty small room in teh basement of the Masonic Temple. There was about a dozen very simple fold out tables in the room. Shepherds PIe, A Pasta, A Fish, A Rice dish, Salads. A Pop & Beer Fridge. Mick had his daughters at one table. The backups had a couple of tables. Then assorted crew guys/techs had the others. There were a couple of other guests there. There wasn't really any place for me to sit, and I was feeling really out of place. I got a spot at a table with Bobby Keys, Chuck, Bernard & Ron but I mostly just sat there pretending I fit in. I was fucking shitting myself.

Basically the guys that got me in, Jerry and his friend Clive (R.I.P) went straight up to Keith's sanctuary while I was still stuck trying to explain to JC (the ex-head of security) that I was cool. Keith waved me in the door but vanished instantaneously so I was left to fend for myself for a good hour and a half before the dress rehersal started. That's how I ended up solo in the dining room.

[Edited by polytoxic]
12th April 2007 02:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And

?

[Edited by Mel Belli]
12th April 2007 02:14 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Buffet dinner. It was around 6pm. Same kind of setup as they have backstage at the Shebeen/Rattlesnake Inn etc. But in a pretty small room in teh basement of the Masonic Temple. There was about a dozen very simple fold out tables in the room. Shepherds PIe, A Pasta, A Fish, A Rice dish, Salads. A Pop & Beer Fridge. Mick had his daughters at one table. The backups had a couple of tables. Then assorted crew guys/techs had the others. There were a couple of other guests there. There wasn't really any place for me to sit, and I was feeling really out of place. I got a spot at a table with Bobby Keys, Chuck, Bernard & Ron but I mostly just sat there pretending I fit in. I was fucking shitting myself.

I was in the Shebeen in '03 and the Rattlesnake in '05 and '06, and saw Charlie once. Michael Cohl pretty much sold the crap out of that "experience" and made it look like the first 10 rows.
12th April 2007 02:22 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
And for those of you that were at ACII, you know what it meant to me to have my "partner in crime" surprise ME and fly from Florida to attend the show. Perhaps our last. It completed the circle.

Dammit...I can't stop crying.

I gotta get some work done here.

Now if I can just meet Keith!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

DID HE PULL OUT?
12th April 2007 02:27 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I was in the Shebeen in '03 and the Rattlesnake in '05 and '06, and saw Charlie once. Michael Cohl pretty much sold the crap out of that "experience" and made it look like the first 10 rows.

Yeah I heard that. The Shebeen in Toronto in '02 was alright, but I went to the one in Montreal in '03 & '06 and that was a bit of a joke. The boys had long cleared out before they let people in. Same thing. I saw Charlie once at the Toronto one. I mean obviously it was cool to be back there and I'm grateful and all but it's not like you're backstage hanging out burning spliffs with Keith. Not by a long shot.
12th April 2007 02:31 PM
polytoxic Buffet dinner. It was around 6pm. Same kind of setup as they have backstage at the Shebeen/Rattlesnake Inn etc. But in a pretty small room in teh basement of the Masonic Temple. There was about a dozen very simple fold out tables in the room. Shepherds PIe, A Pasta, A Fish, A Rice dish, Salads. A Pop & Beer Fridge. Mick had his daughters at one table. The backups had a couple of tables. Then assorted crew guys/techs had the others. There were a couple of other guests there. There wasn't really any place for me to sit, and I was feeling really out of place. I got a spot at a table with Bobby Keys, Chuck, Bernard & Ron but I mostly just sat there pretending I fit in. I was fucking shitting myself.
12th April 2007 02:35 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

Yeah I heard that. The Shebeen in Toronto in '02 was alright, but I went to the one in Montreal in '03 & '06 and that was a bit of a joke. The boys had long cleared out before they let people in. Same thing. I saw Charlie once at the Toronto one. I mean obviously it was cool to be back there and I'm grateful and all but it's not like you're backstage hanging out burning spliffs with Keith. Not by a long shot.

I noticed a huge difference between the States and in Barcelona. As you'd expect, it was all corporate types here, and much more laid-back Spain. In June '03, the band was just about to take a weeklong holiday, so all the families were there. I didn't see Mick, Keith, or Ronnie, but I saw Jade and her kids, Keith's daughters (macking on James Jagger at the time), Jo Wood, etc. Met Darryl and Bernard.
12th April 2007 02:50 PM
polytoxic
quote:
JBwrote:
Perhaps, for the right price, this can happen next tour...the ultimate "meet and greet" .

NIce idea. For an extra mill you can get a limited edition t-shirt and snort some of Bert's ashes.
12th April 2007 02:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

DID HE PULL OUT?

HOWE I WISH I HAD A YES/NO ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, PERKS!

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)