ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Resident Cretin Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
4th April 2007 11:25 AM
_Boomy_ Does anybody here get PAID to post?
4th April 2007 11:33 AM
Starbuck gazza....wow. you have opened the floodgates!

can we now surpass 65535?
4th April 2007 11:43 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
gazza....wow. you have opened the floodgates!

Bucky..you"maxed out" a long time ago..Use your "creative powers" to make your own post counter....

Geeesh..Oh what Nerds

4th April 2007 11:45 AM
glencar Well, their high numbers weren't earned here anyway...sniff, sniff...
4th April 2007 11:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Gazza, I beseech you: don't make this an entire forum of somebodies!

Its ok..I didnt. The Cretin 'status' is still 16,000. A couple of lesser 'titles' got tweaked a bit and as you can see, yourself, Pdog and Joey now have your own little group.
4th April 2007 12:12 PM
Starbuck i am indeed honored. however, may i suggest replacing "i have no life" with any of the following:

"chick magnet"
"Rocks Off Intelligensia"
"Hired Goons"
"I Have a Life"

and for joey:
"Pom Pom Girl"

4th April 2007 12:35 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
gazza....wow. you have opened the floodgates!

You joined Dec 2004. I did the math: to get to 65535, you would have to post about 56 messages per day...
4th April 2007 12:38 PM
jb The Police are nearing the 400 million mark, and with the many add-ons, may have jeopardized our current 447 million gross. With the twenty-seven(27) Euro-dates(no add ons, as demand is limited except in markets like Slane and Isle of Wright, which always sell-out) we will hit around 515 million, which may keep us safe from the Cops, but will fall with next U2 tour.
As far as the US, they definitely "jumped the shark" last tour, with major east coast stadiums being only 1/2 filled...No one can tell me that 30k in Chicago was not a huge embarrassment. Same for Boston and NYC when compared to prior stadium attendance. West Coast stadiums also were under filled. The only remaining option is smaller arenas(8-12k) with increased ticket prices to off-set limited attendance. Realistically, can be done at an averaqe cost of $190 per ticket, with special offers , such as "meet and greet" as follows:
1)meet with Lisa, Bernard and Blondie(includes laminate name tag, t-shirt, poster, and 1 bar drink-$500
2)meet with Tim Ries(also includes laminate name tag, ticket to Tim Ries Project, poster, t-shirt, photo with Mr. Ries and 2 drink vouchers-$800
3)meet with Bobby Keyes(laminate name tag included, t-shirt, poster, photo with Bobby, Bobby demonstrating sax solo in Brown Sugar-$1000
4)meet with Michael Cohl(laminate name tag, t-shirt, poster, photo with Mr. Cohl, and a brief discussion of the business aspects of touring, Canadian Lager, and filling up venues)-$1500
5) meet with Shirley Watts(includes all of the above, plus a discussion of the business of horse breading)-$2000
6)meet with the band(includes all of the above, as well as picnic box snack with choice of Italian Sub or Fresh fruit platter)-$10,0000

While they obviously will vary from my above suggestions, something along those lines would help to differ the overhead costs, and make the smaller venues more profitable.

[Edited by jb]
4th April 2007 12:41 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat JB is obsessed.
4th April 2007 12:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
JB is obsessed.

No..... he is just showing his Resident Cretin assets!
4th April 2007 12:43 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
The Police are nearing the 400 million mark, and with the many add-ons, may have jeopardized our current 447 million gross. With the twenty-seven(27) Euro-dates(no add ons, as demand is limited except in markets like Slane and Isle of Wright, which always sell-out) we will hit around 515 million, which may keep us safe from the Cops, but will fall with next U2 tour.
As far as the US, they definitely "jumped the shark" last tour, with major east coast stadiums being only 1/2 filled...No one can tell me that 30k in Chicago was not a huge embarrassment. Same for Boston and NYC when compared to prior stadium attendance. West Coast stadiums also were under filled. The only remaining option is smaller arenas(8-12k) with increased ticket prices to off-set limited attendance. Realistically, can be done at an averaqe cost of $190 per ticket, with special offers , such as "meet and greet" as follows:
1)meet with Lisa, Bernard and Blondie(includes laminate name tag, t-shirt, poster, and 1 bar drink-$500
2)meet with Tim Ries(also includes laminate name tag, ticket to Tim Ries Project, poster, t-shirt, photo with Mr. Ries and 2 drink vouchers-$800
3)meet with Bobby Keyes(laminate name tag included, t-shirt, poster, photo with Bobby, Bobby demonstrating sax solo in Brown Sugar-$1000
4)meet with Michael Cohl(laminate name tag, t-shirt, poster, photo with Mr. Cohl, and a brief discussion of the business aspects of touring, Canadian Lager, and filling up venues)-$1500
5) meet with Shirley Watts(includes all of the above, plus a discussion of the business of horse breading)-$2000
6)meet with the band(includes all of the above, as well as picnic box snack with choice of Italian Sub or Fresh fruit platter)-$10,0000

While they obviously will vary from my above suggestions, something along those lines would help to differ the overhead costs, and mamke the smaller venues more profitable.

[Edited by jb]

Sheer brillance.
I cannot stop laughing.

LJ.
4th April 2007 12:45 PM
LadyJane Since when did I become an Agent Provocateur??
I must immediately update my resume.

LJ.
4th April 2007 12:47 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I got my Copenhagen tix today!
4th April 2007 12:49 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Since when did I become an Agent Provocateur??

LJ.

Don't feel bad, at least you are a "A" lister. Keep fighting the good fight!!! Hillary in 08!!!
4th April 2007 12:56 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I wanna be something, not just a member. I want a flashing thingy under my name.
4th April 2007 01:02 PM
egon I'm something too now.
This is great, though i have no idea what it means!
4th April 2007 01:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
I'm something too now.

I'll give you a hint....

4th April 2007 01:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

I'll give you a hint....

Would that be you?
4th April 2007 01:12 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
jb wrote:

Hillary in 08!!!

I just can't imagine anyone, even on the left, getting excited about that.
4th April 2007 01:22 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Since when did I become an Agent Provocateur??

LJ.

quote:
I'm something too now.

see what i mean? this is just the beginning. LJ and egon, veteran A listers with extremely lojg resumes and damaged livers, are having problems coping with their newfound "agent provocateur" statuses. if it happens to them, grisled veterans that they are, who knows what will happen to the average everyday B lister when they reach 6 K posts.

as a countermeasure to off balance the floodgates of new monkiers, PDog and i will be holding a series of inservices, help sessions and motivational talks next Tuesday and Thursday on what it means to be a resident cretin, agent provocateur, etc. josh was contacted to help in the planning, but his secretary said he was attending an "up with circumcisions" rally in tallahasse and would be unable to attend.

4th April 2007 01:30 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

see what i mean? this is just the beginning. LJ and egon, veteran A listers with extremely lojg resumes and damaged livers, are having problems coping with their newfound "agent provocateur" statuses. if it happens to them, grisled veterans that they are, who knows what will happen to the average everyday B lister when they reach 6 K posts.

as a countermeasure to off balance the floodgates of new monkiers, PDog and i will be holding a series of inservices, help sessions and motivational talks next Tuesday and Thursday on what it means to be a resident cretin, agent provocateur, etc. josh was contacted to help in the planning, but his secretary said he was attending an "up with circumcisions" rally in tallahasse and would be unable to attend.

You've finally found your "niche" Oh Great One Who Has No Life!!! Since you are having trouble finding gigs in the White Castles of Minnesota, this should work perfectly for you. Bambi can create wonderful powerpoint presentations for you and no doubt numerous celebrities from RO will volunteer to be guest speakers. Still have my doubt about you drawing in the chicks tho....
4th April 2007 01:33 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

You've finally found your "niche" Oh Great One Who Has No Life!!! Since you are having trouble finding gigs in the White Castles of Minnesota, this should work perfectly for you. Bambi can create wonderful powerpoint presentations for you and no doubt numerous celebrities from RO will volunteer to be guest speakers. Still have my doubt about you drawing in the chicks tho....

lmfao.

My My.

It seems the entire Board is en fuego today.

It's Keith.
He a shaman who has cast a spell on us all.

MEG..I have received NO grief at the office today.
Wait until Easter Dinner.

LJ.

4th April 2007 01:37 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i respectfully agree. speaking for the rest of the resident cretins around here, we all have non-productive, non-fulfilling lives and are unable to balance our numerous poor quality posts with the crap that we don't do in the community and our families. josh, for example, earns a high post count, has three wonderful illnesses, and still mismanages to post an total of 441 posts per minute over the course of the last six hours. when he isn't working, playing with his poodle, posting, or making cookies for either his beautiful wife or his latino secretary, he is volunteering at the local ronald mcdonald house for posting addicts. when glenny isn't serving up beer and nuts, and when he isn't near his toilet striving to keep all the rocks off community involved in the goings on in bathroom events and who lindsay lohan injected BERT with, he is down at the local strip club donating dollar bills to the ladies in the hopes that they too may one day attain the american dream. when pdog isn't crusing around san francisco with its awesome football team around the high folks of that beautiful city and keeping us all in shambles with his "i love Joey's posts" posts, he is performing vaginal checks and giving it up down at the local Playboy home off of haight and 4th st. and i, of course, chair a foundation for supporting the development of Beatles cover bands. and joey.....uh....joey....ok, you have me there. joey definitely has a life. but the rest of us are all crazy, insane citizens. But all in all, Boomy is a top-notch R-Lister. He got it goin' on.

4th April 2007 01:37 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat How are ya doing LJ?
4th April 2007 01:40 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Hey Bambi..Did you just make that your signature????????
4th April 2007 01:40 PM
Starbuck boomie...what are you doing? i know your tactics. you're just trying to pad your post count.

meg...chicks totally dig wigged men with swollen purple feet. i read it in cosmo.
4th April 2007 01:43 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
How are ya doing LJ?

Laughing so hard at all of this nonsense that a co-worker came out of her office and into mine to see if I were okay???

If I have a job by the end of the work day, it will be a miracle.

LJ.
4th April 2007 01:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
boomie...what are you doing? i know your tactics. you're just trying to pad your post count.

meg...chicks totally dig wigged men with swollen purple feet. i read it in cosmo.

Will you "dress up" for your presentations?

Chicks love to play dress up
4th April 2007 01:44 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Laughing so hard at all of this nonsense that a co-worker came out of her office and into mine to see if I were okay???

If I have a job by the end of the work day, it will be a miracle.

LJ.

ROFL!! We are on fire today!
4th April 2007 01:47 PM
Starbuck meg...playing dress up is an important part of these ceremonies.

at the "resident cretin" indoctrination ceremony for glenny, josh dressed up as a kosher transvestite. pdog and i went as the two headed crystal meth monster on sesame street.

joey streaked the ceremony and ended up taking a dump underneath the podium.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)