ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Sober Return to archive
April 9th, 2004 07:57 PM
Some Guy Due to work and health issues, I have had to clean up totally! It feels great. The Stones music is better than ever to me now. I never thought that it would be like this back then (only been a couple of months now). Its all new, almost. Getting better everyday and my health and energy are much better. Stone Rule!! I never thought I could do it.
April 10th, 2004 02:25 AM
MarthaMyDear RIGHT THE FRICK ON, BOTH OF YOU, GODDAMNIT (sorry, God)!!! lol.... I have been clean and sober for 13 years and almost 5 months, save for one night when I lost four years of being clean and sober by getting a little bit drunk (in my opinion, etc....) and I would have had 17 years and almost 5 months if it wasn't for that one night... But, it's been an interesting ride and DEFINITELY worth the change!!! If either of you ever need any support or want to know anything about programs like AA, NA, etc., please PM me 'cause I know about alot of programs, etc., ok.?!?!?! I am not always the best example of sobriety, but I am always here to lend my experience, strengh, and hope and I just hope that I can be helpful, at the very least!!! I can't post my email address here as I get alot of spam, but just PM me and I get that, etc., ok.?!?!?!

Anyways... Some Guy, I saw David Lee Roth on Howard Stern on the E! Channel tonight and, as par usuel, he was hilarious... lol................ Anyways, take care, both of you, and have an EXCELLENT weeekend and Easter!!! TAKE CARE and KEEP ROCKIN'!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
April 10th, 2004 02:29 AM
MarthaMyDear And, yes, Some Guy!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean about the Stones music sober!!! YES, I DO!!! KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
April 10th, 2004 03:56 AM
beer
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Due to work and health issues, I have had to clean up totally! It feels great. The Stones music is better than ever to me now. I never thought that it would be like this back then (only been a couple of months now). Its all new, almost. Getting better everyday and my health and energy are much better. Stone Rule!! I never thought I could do it.

Pussy.

just joking. good luck.
April 10th, 2004 04:00 AM
MarthaMyDear NOT!!! lol........... :P ;D

*** Martha ***
April 10th, 2004 09:47 AM
Scottfree
quote:
beer wrote:

Pussy.

just joking. good luck.

Maybe not a poontang, but certainly a quitter......Quitters never win!
[Edited by Scottfree]
April 10th, 2004 10:23 AM
Some Guy Thanks all... its all good! No problems, saving a lot of money and time. No more hangovers is best! Music that was always, always associated with partying to me is even better. Stones Still Rule!!! Martha thanks for all your thoughts, Dave rocks!!!
April 10th, 2004 10:28 AM
parmeda Good for you, Some Guy...
Don't take anyone's shit either.
If this is a choice you've made to better yourself, I have to respect that.
Hang in there...
April 10th, 2004 11:32 AM
polksalad69
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Good for you, Some Guy...
Don't take anyone's shit either.
If this is a choice you've made to better yourself, I have to respect that.
Hang in there...

^^^ Do yer own thing.
[Edited by polksalad69]
April 10th, 2004 01:58 PM
Some Guy Cool Yo!
April 10th, 2004 05:05 PM
luxury1 Good for you. I listen to the Stones sober every morning while working out. They kick my ass.
April 10th, 2004 10:25 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
Scottfree said:
[Edited by Scottfree]
Sphinkter says what?!?!?! :P

*** Martha ***
April 10th, 2004 10:28 PM
MarthaMyDear beer, I didn't see the "just joking" and "good luck" in your post... Sorry!!! lol........ Ah, the people on this board are good folks... Fuck it... EL PEACE-O!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
April 11th, 2004 01:46 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

[Edited by Scottfree]

Why don't you cut the guy a break.
It takes alot to do what he has to right now.

April 11th, 2004 01:48 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Due to work and health issues, I have had to clean up totally! It feels great. The Stones music is better than ever to me now. I never thought that it would be like this back then (only been a couple of months now). Its all new, almost. Getting better everyday and my health and energy are much better. Stone Rule!! I never thought I could do it.

Very Good. See you feel better now don't you.
It will take a while but you can be happy
and totaly healthy if you keep it up.

You don't need that if it was doing you
that much no good.

Ian
April 11th, 2004 11:47 AM
Some Guy Thanks Ian!
April 11th, 2004 09:24 PM
beer hey some guy, i was really just jokin around, i understand that kicking bad habits can be incredibly hard, and i truly do wish you luck with it.
April 11th, 2004 10:34 PM
BILL PERKS I'M GIVIN THAT A TRY TOMORROW.LORD WILLING.
April 12th, 2004 12:03 AM
polksalad69 Lent is over. I gave up da booze for lent but would like to continue. Now if I only got to sleep earlier.
April 12th, 2004 02:58 PM
egon i was gonna drink more after easter.